[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck Death Grips
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 3
File: 6a753920.jpg (257 KB, 658x439) Image search: [Google]
6a753920.jpg
257 KB, 658x439
Death Grips is a band as entry-level as it comes. They literally rely on nothing but shock value and as a result have tainted literally every other band that every other member has been in. It doesn't help that the bands fanbase is a group of meme spouting 16 year olds with anime profile pictures and crippling self hate because they're so retarded the only method of communication they know is "funny ironic meems xdddd". Honestly, Death Grips as a whole is one large mediocre mess, and it's "fanbase" (read as: fucking retards who still think spamming "IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES" is funny in 2015) is not helping.
Find a new bloated dead horse to beat, this one's ready for burial.
>>
Okay. Go back to Reddit now.
>>
Copy pasta?
>>
>>60825825
>muh horrorcore
>>
File: 1447525587986.jpg (102 KB, 500x628) Image search: [Google]
1447525587986.jpg
102 KB, 500x628
>>
>>60825776
Your entire criticique with the exception of your comment about shock value is about the fanbase.
>>
>>60825886
>criticique
>>
i agree with everything you said about the fanbase its honestly embarassing

>>60825877
look at this post for proof that this board has been destroyed by redditors

i don't think the music is bad though, i'm over the initial excitement but its not bad by any stretch
>>
>>60825776
What....?

Sonic-wise they're fucking incredible, if you were to listen to their music exclusively for instrumentals it'd be pretty indisputable that they have some pretty impressive music.

But there is also some damn good lyricism as well. Its aesthetic itself is exclusionary, sure there will be people that are attracted to it because of that alone, but that doesn't disparage its quality. I'd sooner like a band ONLY because its subversive than to like a band only because its popular and pleasant.

Just look at Zach Hill's drumming and tell me he's a "mediocre mess"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgzSP05q0as
>>
>>60825776
They do not rely on anything you fucking nitwit. If they were relying on shock value there music would not be as multi-faceted as it is. The beats would more stripped back and it would just be Stefan yelling some bullshit.

This is not the case, as Stefan's lyrics are legitimately interesting to comb through and cipher. They're obtuse and cryptic, but at the same time he delivers them as if he seriously feels what he's saying, something a lot of artists who "rely on nothing but shock value" do not do.

And to say this shock value tactic has tainted every other band they've been in is the most retarded statement a human being could make. The entirety of the fanbase is not meme spouting 16 year olds, but people like me, who actually give a shit about the music and strictly the music. Perhaps if thought the same way you wouldn't have wasted your time making such a shitty fucking post.

They are easily in the list for the most interesting project of the 10's 'til now, and will continue to be one of most interesting projects for a really fucking long time. No horse is dead, you simply do not understand the appeal and are therefore lashing out.

You have to be 18 to use the board.
>>
>>60825776
Ill piss on ur face
>>
>>60825776
NICE FUCKIN MEME OP
>>
IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES
GUILTYYYYYYYYY booooooOOOOM!!!!
>>
Lmao I love how op is getting BTFO
>>
>>60826814

thanks bro. i know it is. can't handle it. i'm the anon that has to lay down the meme so the ppl hate me. whatever though. i'm gonna get loose with memes when i get back.
>>
>>60826975
Classic
>>
What is happening to this place? Not just /mu/, this whole website in general.
>>
>>60827195
It got memed
>>
>>60827195
Reddit.

People like to act cool and tell people to "go back to reddit" but honestly they're probably the ones who got here from somewhere else and brought their shit along with them.
>>
>>60827667
Pretty much
>>
>>60825776
Entry level to what? Do you just like spouting off meme words to criticize artists you don't listen to?
>>
>>60825776
Death Grips aren't a band, they're a conceptual art piece anchored by vision and sound.
>>
>>60825776
i dont think you are 18, i think mods should ban
>>
Shock value is used by many bands in heavy metal and other genes

Memefags are autistic like you

And you don't have to sperg out because someone have a different taste than you
>>
>>60825927
that pic is actually brilliant
>>
>>60825776
>They literally rely on nothing but shock value
Good point.

While I agree with the rest of the stuff about their cancerous fanbase, it's not a valid criticism of the band itself.
>>
I literally cannot tell the difference between the 0/10 Kid Cudi meme album and Death Grips. They're the same (black man yelling incoherent pseudo-rap garbage over shitty nu metal instrumentals).
>>
>>60826453
nice pretentiousness lad

dont worry you'll grow out of it
just like you will le vaporwave too
>>
I'd rather listen to Speedin' Bullet 2 Heaven. True story.
>>
>>60830220
0/10 comprehension

maybe you should listen to something easier to understand
>>
>>60830220
If you can't tell the difference then you're probably autistic.
>>
>>60830273
>I have no other retort so I'll just spout buzzwords and memes.
>>
>>60825776
They're Fantastic. Every fanbase is shit, if you're so superior fuck off then.
>>
They're nu metal for today's teenagers. Prove me wrong.

If these ironic anime memers were born 10 years before they'd be listening to linkin park and green day.

10-20 years from now, Death Grips will be looked at the same as Korn is today.
>>
>>60830483
First prove yourself right.
They aren't even close to metal or mu metal.
The ebin Linkin Park, Korn, Limp Bizkit, Insane Clown Posse meme has had its run.
>>
>>60825956
I mean he pretty much is. But also, is he really tall? He looks really big based on this video. Like, the way he just barely moves at all to reach his toms and stuff. And like just how big his torso looks
>>
>>60830688
Yeah he's really tall.
>>
>>60827195
>>60827667
I wouldn't say just reddit but the entire website has gone mainstream. That's what you're seeing, 4chan becoming the mainstream.

It was always happening but I think the whole gamergate thing got us a lot of attention from people who would otherwise have never looked our way while also causing a good deal of oldfags to leave.

It's true that this site is becoming the edgier alternative to Reddit.
>>
>>60832484
>>60827667
>>60827195
Alot of oldfags moved to 4+4chan and other alternatives.

This place has turned to shit. I'm only here because of how fucking dead 8/mu/ is.
>>
>>60833872
Those were Redditors who ran away because of "muh SJW boogeyman", not oldfags. Besides, they're all coming back because their shitty site is dying.
>>
We did it Reddit!
>>
>>60830220
Son, i hope you are trying to deceive people with this post.
>>
>>60825956
he's just fast and tricky. there's little to their music, unless the only emotions they feel are over-excitement and aggression and that's all they're trying to convey.
i think they're cool guys though, nothing against them or what they're doing.
>>
literally ableton preset musicians who cater to internet bros for attention and underground cred
>>
>>60825956
what? their music is soo lazy. they fall back on it being "experimental" but you can tell none of them can come up with a good melody or chord progression
>>
>>60826453
How are entry level /lit/ references cryptic? if you read books you would know his lyrics are just him copying others
>>
>>60834512
>but you can tell none of them can come up with a good melody or chord progression
Wrong.
And they were always industrial hip hop, not experimental.

>>60834641
>muh "X level" anything
>If you read books you would know his lyrics are just him copying others
You mean his lyrics are references to books? It's pretty apparent.
>>
>>60834916
literally just confirming what they said was right
>>
>>60835046
>literally just confirming what they said was right
>confirming
>right
>r i g h t
Care to elaborate then?
>>
Death Grips are objectively as entry-level as "experimental" music can be, I'll concede you that >>60825776
>>
>>60835271
see
>>60834916
If you still think they're "experimental".
>>
ITT: annoying death grips fans proving everyone else's point
>>
>>60835426
>I actually can't prove anyone's point wrong so I'll just meme buzzwords instead.
>>
>>60835370
you're delusional if you think they're not riding on waves made by 19 year old /mu/core plebs claiming that they're experimental and groundbreaking and not the 2010 internet age interracial version of limp bizkit
>>
>>60834916
with the amount of hype and defensiveness that their faggot fans like u have for them they better have incredible earth shattering shit is all. rewriting shitty bukowski crap w/ internet references by a 36 year old grown man aint it.
>>
>>60835461
Could you spout any more meme buzzwords?
>claiming that they're experimental and groundbreaking
Yeah nobody has said they're experimental.
>Groundbreaking
Listener's perspective to decide that or not
>and not the 2010 internet age interracial version of limp bizkit
This meme again?
>>60830577
>>
>>60835528
say meme again and claim you're not 19 years old and sweating at the fact that several people think death grips is shit

DEFEND DEATH GRIPS AT ALL COSTS

go back 2 tumblr
>>
Death Grips is basically a pop group
>>
>>60835509
>Implying I'm hyping or defending them.
Holy autism.
>they better have incredible earth shattering shit is all.
Not really.
Listener decides if it's earth shattering or not.
>rewriting shitty Bukowski
The poem is referenced, not rewritten.
>>
>>60835626
IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES
>>
People can't possible think 30+ year old men making edgelord music while referencing /mu/ (JENNY DEATH WHEN) and actually putting "bb" in a song title is anything but tremendously embarrassing for everyone involved.
>>
>>60835564
>say meme again and claim you're not 19 years old
24 actually.
>and sweating at the fact that several people think death grips is shit
Not really. If it's a hot opinion, then that's what it is.
>>
>>60835738
possibly* my bad
>>
>>60835779
>using "¯\_(ツ)_/¯"
>24 actually

lmao
>>
>>60835738
They're pretty tame actually.
/mu/ was never referenced.
It was simply a hint to their new album.
>>
It's crazy how fucked up a thread can be when there's only anonymous posting
>>
>>60835841
jenny death when is a reference to mu
>>
>>60835807
lol rofl
>>
>>60835864
It never was though.
It was a reference to their new album's name "Jenny Death".
The when part was asking when it'd drop.
>>
>>60835841
>They're pretty tame actually
that's the point of "edgelord" m8 it's not actually edgy
>>
>>60835914
on their soundcloud when they uploaded that nasty ass instrumental album they put "jenny death when" on the track titles
>>
>>60835952
I know.
>>
>>60835983
it was a reference to /mu/ because /mu/ said it before them..... they didn't come up with "____ when".....
>>
their just shit why theres any discussion about this is just beyond me lol

only loud kids from /b/ praise death grips and no one of worth even cares since like money store
>>
>>60836017
Lmao that's pretty cool then.
>>
>>60836177
lol you keep changing your opinion to match death grips faggotry
>>
>>60836253
>lol you keep changing your opinion to match death grips faggotry
>changing
Lol I had no idea of this you dumbfuck autist.
>>
>>60836301
>they did no such thing!!!
>Lmao that's pretty cool then
>>
File: woods_wince.jpg (139 KB, 480x288) Image search: [Google]
woods_wince.jpg
139 KB, 480x288
NOBODY CARES
>>
>>60836400
I didn't know until it was explicitly said in
>>60836017
Keep memetexting then.
>>
>>60836460
meme memememememn,dns,gn
>>
NEVER NOT A WAR TORN MYSTIC
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.