[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I'M A MOMMA POPPA COMIN FOR YOUUU What did he mean by this ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: coverfront.jpg (111 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
coverfront.jpg
111 KB, 800x800
>I'M A MOMMA POPPA COMIN FOR YOUUU
What did he mean by this ?
>>
he used that wacky songwriting technique
>>
>KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT YOUR SKAWKING LIKE A PINK MONKEY BIRD
>>
>>60824933
Its Bowie don't worry about the lyrics too much just enjoy it because its great
>>
File: Space_Invaders_Alien.png (4 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
Space_Invaders_Alien.png
4 KB, 220x220
>>
>>60824933
He's coming for you. Be prepared
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 548x308) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 548x308
David Bowie turned marketing into the essence of his art. All great phenomena of popular music, from Elvis Presley to the Beatles, had been, first and foremost, marketing phenomena (just like Coca Cola and Barbie before them); however, Bowie turned that into an art of its own. With Bowie the science of marketing becomes art; art and marketing become one. There were intellectuals who had proclaimed this theory in rebellious terms. Bowie was, in many ways, the heir, no matter how perverted, of Andy Warhol's pop art and of the underground culture of the 1960s. He adopted some of the most blaspheme issues and turned them upside down to make them precisely what they had been designed to fight: a commodity.
Bowie was a protagonist of his times, although a poor musician: to say that Bowie is a musician is like saying that Nero was a harp player (a fact that is technically true, but misleading). Bowie embodies the quintessence of artificial art, raises futulity to paradigm, focuses on the phenomenon rather than the content, makes irrelevant the relevant, and, thus, is the epitome of everything that went wrong with rock music.
>>
>>60824933
He means he's a space invader. He's a rock n' rollin' bitch for youuuuu.

https://youtu.be/WmufxWJXCzU
>>
>>60825350
wew
>>
>>60825350
But the music SOUNDS nice
>>
>>60825350
Scaruffi is wrong about so much shit it's ridiculous. Did he ever consider that he opened up so much to a new generation? He combined elements of fine art, proto-punk, and philiosophy together. His clear influences at the time were Nietzsche, Lou Reed, Scott Walker, Dada and Surrealism. He opened up a lot to people that were unaware of different cultures and ideologies. Not only that, his use of effective arrangement throughout the seventies created some of the most memorable melodies heard, at least since the beatles or the kinks. And his contributions to electronic music, even though not nearly as much as Eno, also need to be noted. But scaruffi doesn't understand electronic music.
>>
>>60825350
Seems fairly positive until the last sentence. Why is scaruffi such a talented hack?
>>
>>60825493
Scaruffi didn't say that quote btw
>>
>>60824933
Kanye @ 3:17
>>
>>60825640
I'ts like he was destined to become an egotistical meme-guy
>>
File: 1449286330753.png (356 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1449286330753.png
356 KB, 500x500
just got this from /v/
>>
>>60825758
Put it back
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.