[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
the ATH-M50 of turntables
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: atlp120.jpg (100 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
atlp120.jpg
100 KB, 800x600
the ATH-M50 of turntables
>>
nothing wrong with that famalam
>>
>>60822133
It's definitely a good table, and the M50x's are great headphones, but it does feel like shit when you see literally EVERYONE else like you with the same exact thing
>>
I think the athm50s are better phones than the atlp120 is a record player if you get whet I mean. people think the 120 is good because it looks like a technics but when you hear one theyre not actually that great. I know a guy with an atlp120 with an ortofon 2m red and Ive heard that same cart sound way better on a rega rp1
>>
>>60822486
How much is a rega rp1, though? Remember, the 120 is relatively cheap. You get what you pay for I suppose
>>
Why do you care?
The only reason to buy this table is that it's a 1200 knockoff and damn good one.
>>
>>60823057
After seeing a dozen or two other autists with pathetically small hipster-y "collections" with this same table that I've been wanting for a year and a half, it makes you feel like shit. it's a meme
>>
>>60823096
It's the best alternative to the 1200 at an unbeatable price.
>>
>>60823096
Still infinitely better than most other budget turntables. It's a good starting point. The next logical step would be to upgrade to a second hand SL1200
>>
Glad to know that I'm not a true patrician if I don't immediately burn 1000 shekels on a meme hobby.
>>
>>60822968
It depends where you live. In the uk the rega is the same price or slightly cheaper.
>>
>>60823326
>vinyl is a meme hobby
Why'd you get into it then fuckface
>>
Why do so many people believe that the atlp120 is the best choice for a first turntable?
>>
>>60824273
I guess because it looks superficially like a Technics. Having heard them I'd have one of the cheaper Regas or ProJects every time in preference to the AT. The RP1 and Debut III are both better sounding decks.
Some people on this board seem to recommend it automatically, a lot of the time I suspect without actually having any experience of the alternatives, most likely parroting what theyve seen others say so its a vicious circle.
>>
Just get a novation launchpad you plebs
>>
>>60824442
I'd definitely go for an RP1 or a Debut III over the LP120. Not only are they both upgradeable but they're both hand built in Europe rather than mass produced in China. I've mentioned before whilst the RP1 and Debut III are very basic tables compared to the LP120, every penny spent goes into the highest quality components for your cash. With Pro-jects, every single component is machined in their own factory. They don't buy from or outsource to anyone else. With the LP120 a lot of the money is sunk into convenient but ultimately unnecessary convenience features.
>>
Is a U-Turn Orbit a good investment?
>>
File: 6110-05.jpg (90 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
6110-05.jpg
90 KB, 640x480
Just broke the needle on my marantz 6110 and im looking for replacements. The only thning that comes up is the Marantz 500SE stylus. Anyone know if that's the right one?
>>
>>60824273
It's the best for $250. I agree with >>60824442 and >>60824576, Rega and Pro Ject make better turntables, but I don't have that kind of money to throw around yet
>>
>>60824670
it's like how the M50x's are the best headphones for their price. obviously there are *far* better headphones out there, but for $150 you really can't beat 'um
>>
>>60824670
>It's the best for $250
there are better turntables that you can find used for under $250
>>
>>60824710
beginner's don't know shit about that. better to get a new one you know will work before experimenting with used junk
>>
>>60824680
I wouldn't say you can't beat them, I'd say they're one option out of a few very good similarly priced headphones. It depends what you're looking for in a sound signature. The AKG K550/551 and Beyer DT770s are also excellent rivals.
>>
>>60824680
>tfw I live near the Audio Technica HQ and just got an M50x for $70 at their annual warehouse sale
You guys want anything?
>>
>>60824720
>beginner's don't know shit about that
yeah but 1-2 hours of research, or just asking an old guy working at a record store for advice can get them a much better deal
Maybe this is my dad talking but I think its a bit dumb to do almost no research on something that you are about to spend hundreds of dollars on
>>
>>60824610
nice deck
the stylus you need depends on the cartridge fitted though, not the turntable
look for a make/model on that instead. it looks like it has a mark on the front but its hard to tell from that pic
sites like needle doctor are really helpful in identifying what you need if you cant tell exactly what it is
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.