[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you behave at a live show? Do you move to the beat or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2
File: bend.jpg (107 KB, 768x768) Image search: [Google]
bend.jpg
107 KB, 768x768
How do you behave at a live show? Do you move to the beat or stay still? Does anyone else cringe when they see hipster-y white dudes nodding their heads to hip-hop songs/beats?

pic unrelated
>>
>>60821842
hipster-y dudes
nodding to a beat
enjoying life

yeah stick to 4chan mate outside isnt for you yet.
>>
>>60821854
I don't want to make this thread seem like b8 but I also don't want to not respond and have the mood of this thread be "lol OP's a faggot be negative towards him"
But yeah, hipster-y white dude confirmed
>>
>>60821854
this. they're just enjoying the music. if it turns out that they're not actually enjoying the music, then they're as pretentious as you
>>
I finally started going to metal shows a few months ago. Head banging and moshing is perfectly acceptable but so is just standing there enjoying the performance. I can never stand still though
>>
>>60821842
>>60821854
>>60821897
jesus fuck, /mu/ really is nothing but snotty college kids
>>
i spend most of the time not being able to see anything because i'm 5'5" and everyone is recording with their ipads
>>
>>60821946
>5'5"
>kill yourself my man
>>
>>60821970

>projecting this hard

I'm still taller than you, senpai.
>>
>>60821978
>6"1 masterrace senpai

what are one direction like live anyway ?
>>
>>60821936

I take it you're new to this board
>>
>>60821986

>still projecting

Still taller than you and that's not going to change :)
>>
I have boss mode level rhythm.

I'm not white, if that matters at all.
>>
>>60821991
I've been here since before Fantano
>>
I usually just chill/move a little until I get progressively more and more piss drunk, thats when i start thrashing around/join in pits/crowd surf/dance with random girls/etc
>>
File: spitta.png (409 KB, 600x475) Image search: [Google]
spitta.png
409 KB, 600x475
>>60822011

I should add that I really only have good game with rap/hip hop/electronic etc.

I can't fuck with metal/punk etc like that.
Have nothing against it, just not my speed.
>>
cringe
>>
>>60822074
nobody cares senpai
>>
>>60822090
Yeah total cringe guizeee
This thread is an absolute cringefest!!
>>
>>60822096

It is literally on-topic for this thread.

Try not to feel so many feelings.
>>
How do I physically enjoy music aside from just trashing around like crazy? Because I love that, but I don't go to many shows where it's appropriate.
Subtle movements just don't feel fun to me. I mean, I CAN stand there and bob my head and I'll enjoy the music, but it feels like a waste not to have a physical experience while I'm physically there. I could learn some fancy dance moves and try to enjoy the skill of it, but it all seems designed to look good, and only feel good through the fact that you look good, which I simply don't.
Impulse and adrenaline are my thing, but it's gross and dangerous for the others so I feel guilty about that and I'm trying to tone the shaman mode down a bit.
Shit's boring now, though.
>>
>>60822313

There's no wrong way to physically enjoy a performance so long as you're not bothering other people.

Just don't judge yourself and do whatever you feel is right, it's a concert, people aren't gonna be judging you for liking the music
>>
>caring this much what other people think about you
>>
>>60822106
>getting buttmad because people cringe at your thread

double cringe
>>
>>60822435
Well that's the thing, I could definitely bother people. When the music stops, there's usually a radius of people standing away from me. It might not actually be much trouble for them, but I feel bad.
>>
>>60822590
don't

if they complain they're faggots
>>
I don't talk loudly during quiet parts.
>>
>>60821936
>jesus fuck, /mu/ really is nothing but snotty high school kids

There you go.
>>
>>60822646
I'd be moved to tears if I saw you.
>>
>film the entire show with your shitty mobile
>talk loudly with your friends
>push your way to the beer stand every ten minutes
>grope female attendants
>>
>>60821842
I'm a hipstery dude who nods along because I'm too self-conscious to actually dance in public.
>>
>>60821842
No one cares nowhere near as much as think they might do. Do what you want and have a good time, thats all there is to it desu.
>>
>>60821842
I stay still, farting all the time.
>>
it's true. white people who listen to hip hop are appropriating faggots
>>
>>60821842
It depends on the mood/energy in the room. If the rest of the audience is open and expressive it's easy to let loose, but if everyone's very inhibited and standing still, it takes a lot of guts to be the first one to let on that you're having a good time.
>>
>>60822767
i was front row at chvrches not long ago and the bitch next to me literally watched the whole show through her phone screen. she should of just gone on the damn balcony.
>>
>>60821842
Seeing anyone Bob their head/enjoy music where I live is a blessing, it's people like you that make any type of music scene pretentious, boring, and lame. If I'm feeling the music I'll get down as I see fit. If it sucks, I wont. I don't get why people go to concerts and just stand there the whole time not getting into the music or enjoying themselves.
>>
White people listening to hip-hop is honestly just cringe-worthy in general. Why can't they just leave music in general alone.
>>
>>60823835
Yeah senpai fuck the whites
>>
>>60821842
I kekd at the pic OP thank you
>>
Just enjoy it and if you're really nervous about being cringey watch the crowd and do what they do.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.