[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I know I've been gone a long time, but >I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: jai-paul.jpg (81 KB, 727x719) Image search: [Google]
jai-paul.jpg
81 KB, 727x719
>I know I've been gone a long time, but
>I'm back and I want what is mine
>I know i've been gone a long time, but
>I'm back and I want what is mine

If that isn't his opening lines to his debut album I'm killing my first born.
>>
>>60820817
how does this guy have such a huge following when he has only two released tracks?
>>
>>60821199
and they are both top 10 songs of the decade t b h
>>
>>60821199
The Sex Pistols are still world famous after one album. Music fans are prone to jump on stuff.
>>
>>60821229
Sex Pistols were heavily marketed and managed/governed with an iron first by McLaren, a guy with countless industry connections, it's no surprise they got huge

Jai Paul is just a guy with a computer and a YouTube account, did little to no marketing and has a total of 8 minutes of (official) released material, yet his following is fairly large

How.
>>
>>60821226
>>60821378
>>
>>60821378
Because we live in a world of remaking and regurgitation. Where even someone who's mildly different will be hailed as new and exciting.

I acknowledge I'm a fanboy, but Jai is genuinely original and fresh and everyone feels that when they first listen to him. When you have such extraordinary music, it's easy to acquire a fanbase and recognition. Jai's 'released material to influence' ratio is unparalleled.
>>
>>60820817
I'm 99% sure that none of the songs on the leak will turn up on his official debut album. I think it's obvious that he's scrapped every song on the leak and has been concentrating on new material since, which explains the wait. It would be stupid to act as if the leak never happened.
>>
>>60821422
and so many people bite his style
>pnd
>majid jordan
>drake
>miguel
I picked on OVO but I feel like those guys just listened to his songs and said yeah lets do that.
>>
>>60821472
Well, they try. No one can fuck with Jai's production.
>>
>>60821643
majid jordan might be close
http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/majid-jordan-something-about-you-tags-new-song.1967500.html
>>
>>60821696
Feels more Miguel than Jai. Jai's stuff is densely packed with so many sounds and weird synths. It all amounts to a lively, uplifting kind of vibe. Whereas the dominant RnB trends at the moment are more, 'let me talk about borderline raping you over some faux lo fi, muddy instrumentals'.
>>
>>60821199
All his fans at least have that unofficial album leak. And that shit is still fucking fantastic. His official songs are still the best thing to come from the UK since they dropped.

If only XL needed to make money and force their artists to release music.
>>
>>60822325
>If only XL needed to make money and force their artists to release music.
:'(

Every time Adele plays on the radio, Jai's album is prolonged for another day.
>>
>>60820817
>not st8 outta mumbai as THE opener

plen
>>
>>60822400
tfw it was scheduled to be the next single before the leak

>BTSTU - Jasmine - Str8
that's some fucking lineup
>>
>>60821378
>8 minutes of (official) released material
Yeah but a full album of *unofficial* stuff which is forward-thinking, interesting, catchy music. When the music is that good (and copied like >>60821422 said) you really don't need much else.

I'm getting pretty sick of waiting for a properly mastered debut though. It actually angers me how someone can shrug off adoration like that, does he really love his phone shop job that much? Fucking hell m8, just grasp the chance.
>>
>>60822433
I was just about to ask how the fuck this guy makes money. does xl pay salary or something sauce on the phone shop ?
>>
>>60822433
>I'm getting pretty sick of waiting for a properly mastered debut though
I think Jai's choons are purposefully kind of rough. It suits em.

>>60822466
tbqh I don't know what the relationship between record labels and artists are like monetary wise, especially with case like Jai's. But I do recall reading that he has a day job like an accountant or some shit. He's also a multi instrumentalist, and his brother used to do guitar lessons. So maybe someone could b8 Jai into giving them guitar lessons and then beg him for new music.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.