[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How true is pic related?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1448877235951.jpg (216 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1448877235951.jpg
216 KB, 600x800
How true is pic related?
>>
mom look i posted it again
>>
>>60819209
half true.

Many are song oriented many are album oriented. Regardless, this practice has steered many bands and musicians to being album oriented.
>>
>>60819233
not true by the way.
>>
>>60819209
Hey bro here's 1/8th of a Starry Night by Vincent Van Gogh. Isn't it beautiful?
>>
>>60819371
>Implying
It's more like a third of the garden of earthly delights. Which can totally be judged on it's own merits.
>>
>>60819413
Yeah because it's a triptych you fuckin' non educated fucktard
>>
>>60819535
Then I must have forgotten that part where most albums have fucking *silence* in between songs, making a dividing line between one piece and another and not a seamless fucking work.
>>
>>60819563
oohhhhhh shit
>>
>>60819563
A triptych is a 3 part panel painting which when bought together makes a whole work.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triptych
You got nothing. This guy is literally too stupid to argue with. How's that for spaces between the artwork?
>>
>>60819485
This was funny when it was Tool.

Now it's just stupid.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRM1S6Jno8A

Tbh, albums absolutely can be works in an of themselves though there's nothing wrong with just using an album to put a bunch of songs you made on it.
>>
>>60819209
its pretty true but
>butthurt
this word triggers me every time, it is such a reddit word contextally
>>
12% or so

some albums are song oriented and they can be good, but album oriented music is better 8 or 9 out of 10 times.
>>
>>60819209

Not true desu. Depends on genre and also artist to artist. Listen to albums, singles, eps, etc., but if you are going to listen to an album, just listen to the whole thing- don't be a bitch.

Sure, I listen to a lot of techno and house, and those are mostly singles genres, so I mostly listen to singles. Rock tends to be more album oriented, so I go by that. Hip-Hop is a weird one because they usually release in album format but have lots of filler / mediocre tracks. I feel jazz is album oriented as well.

My favorite genre of music is ambient music, which is most certainly an album genre, and shares pretty much nothing with rock music, in terms of structure, instruments typically used, function, etc. I've never heard of someone liking ambient music and skipping around to their favorite tracks off an album. It seems absurd to even think about it.
>>
>>60819485
Why did you make this post?
>>
>>60819209
>three minute pop songs are just as great and valuable as a developed, sustained work
Yeah, no. I appreciate that a singles-based form like a pop song should be appreciated on its own terms rather than the standards of say, a rock album or an opera, but the whole notion of "poptimism," i.e. that such songs are therefore equivalent in aesthetic or historical value to Tristan and Isolde, is just obscene.

>rockist doesn't actually mean "likes rock music."
This statement is what points out the emperor's nakedness. "Rockism" is just another typical ploy of media liberals to destroy modern man's sense of history, tradition, and faith in their intuitive aesthetic sense so they can be more easily bamboozled by the pretentious posing of imbeciles.

I like vocaloid trance songs, but in an aesthetic hierarchy, they're not Bach. They're not even Pink Floyd. Anyone who argues otherwise has no recourse except nihilism—wah wah there is no meaning in history or the canon it's all just dead white men and the discourse exists only to promulgate their ideology wah wah.
>>
>>60821945
Did anyone say "trying to push an agenda"?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.