[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
as a ahem *hiphop head* here, when it comes to top five fave
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: slytendencies.png (308 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
slytendencies.png
308 KB, 500x500
as a ahem *hiphop head* here, when it comes to top five fave hiphop albums sly tendencies' (aka earl sweatshirt's) kitchen cutlery is still def on that list- esp when it comes to wordplay, esp taking into account he was 14-16 whilst recording, discuss? am i the only one still fangirling over earl?
>>
>>60817788
bump
>>
Young earl was the best earl honestly. Before he was too ashamed to have fun and make dumb, ignorant lyrics. Now he's wasting his talent and becoming a boring whiny mf doom lite and acting like xanax is cool, even production wise.
>>
>>60817847
nah his next project is going to be fire
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yb6NX9uUck
>>
>>60817847
yooo. i feel that. it seems like he was way more open to going off the cuff n going all in with the naughty lyricism (all the while sticking to OF's, for lack of a better term, 'horrorcore' mentality) for more self indulged shit, kinda understandable for what he's been through after going to samoa but eh
i'm another OP on a Korean fashion sew-n-go board
>>
>>60817963
that being said, i'm a diehard Earl fan forreal. I remember hearing Earl for the first time in 2010 after gettin into tyler n all that and flippin a tit over their beats, lyricism, etc. am i the only one?
>>
>>60817788
errr tl;dr odd future discussion?
>>
>>60818005
nah man, same, EARL and Bastard will always be favorites to me since I listened to them 2010. They felt so fresh and innovative for that time, like the beginning of a new era
>>
>>60818086
definitely. do you still feel like thats still goin though? tbqh i feel like they all kinda plateaued after, i still get the heebie jeebies listening to earl/goblin now but like doris/wolf kinda feels like the decline... besides loitersquad kek
>>
>>60818005
bastard and earl were unique and great especially in 2010-2011. Earls still got talent and i hate to shit on him but he's not doing anything but catering to people who just jumped on the vince bandwagon in the past year or two. Also sidenote, mike g has always been massively underrated since the beginning of OFWGKTA and a new ep dropped last month.
>>
>>60818155
Nah don't feel like its still going. I think it was the best when you didn't really know much about them, when they had this upcoming mysterious vibe. Didn't really liked Goblin though, too much forced egyness, melodramatic shit and the production got worse compared to Bastard.
Bastard was kinda edgy too but on a natural level.

Idk I still think Earl has a lot of potential. Solace was great, feel like his next tape is going to be more experimental/weird/eerie production-wise which I personally would love
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.