[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There's nothing else that sounds remotely similar to this,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: laughing_stock.jpg (131 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
laughing_stock.jpg
131 KB, 600x600
There's nothing else that sounds remotely similar to this, is there?
>>
>>60815228
>remotely similar
Bark Psychosis - Hex
>>
>>60815228
Poor man's Spirit of Eden
>>
mark hollis s/t senpai
>>
There was a band that came out I want to say around the late 2000s who had a similar sound, and the singer even had a similar voice. The name of the band is on the tip of my tongue but can't remember. Anyone else remember them?
>>
>>60815348
new puritans
>>
>>60815348
SHEARWATER. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2AOUDwsfsI
>>
>>60815384
This could have been on Laughing Stock
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lhc-iRAgaCc
>>
File: 1444567850899.png (480 KB, 878x833) Image search: [Google]
1444567850899.png
480 KB, 878x833
also MurmuĆ¼re I've always thought
>>
>>60815425
that's my favorite album, but I can't see why you'd say that
the techniques behind them?
>>
>>60815269
I love both, but think that Laughing Stock is even more beautiful.
>>
File: feels-502f189ce67f1.jpg (292 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
feels-502f189ce67f1.jpg
292 KB, 1000x1000
I've always thought Feels sounded like a happy version of Laughing Stock.
>>
>>60815425
ughhh pygamlion is SO fucking good. Listen to that if you haven't OP.
>>
Do make say think gets pretty close but ls is really unique.
>>
Miles Davis's In A Silent Way.
>>
>>60816571
>Stock
I also think its a great album, but I can't actually see that many similarities between the albums except they are kinda slow and atmospheric. Still totally recomended.
>>
File: Robert_Wyatt_rock_bottom.gif (360 KB, 950x946) Image search: [Google]
Robert_Wyatt_rock_bottom.gif
360 KB, 950x946
>>60817832
It's a little similar, maybe, but I think it's more of a "if you like a, you'll like b" kinda thing. Good rec either way.

Everyone else has covered the most common suggestions here, so I'm gonna throw out Rock Bottom by Robert Wyatt too, because it's like a slightly stripped down Laughing Stock.

The closest you'll get is SoE, Colour, and Hollis' s/t though.
>>
>>60815228
I assume you've heard the Mark Hollis solo album? Bark Psychosis and Rock Bottom are both pretty good recommendations. In the spirit of the second one, there's an LP called Zarthus by Robbie Basho that goes further along those lines. It's funny that late-era Talk Talk is considered post-rock when wispy dream-pop like Benoit Pioulard or even certain Radiohead tracks get closer to doing the same thing. Nothing will ever beat those drums at the end of Desire, I fear.
>>
>>60818247
Not OP, but thanks for the recs
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.