[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Dream Theater are back
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: mike_mangini2.jpg (305 KB, 1208x800) Image search: [Google]
mike_mangini2.jpg
305 KB, 1208x800
I wanna hear /mu/ opinion cmon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdPn1mCmqoE
>>
God LaBrie's vocals suck so much
>>
File: smug anime girl 84.jpg (55 KB, 900x810) Image search: [Google]
smug anime girl 84.jpg
55 KB, 900x810
>opinions
>/mu/
>>
>>60810353
wank prog for joyless wank tanks who believe that hard notes = good complex music
>>
>>60810451
That's why there is progressive and progressive metal
>>
I love it Op, thank you for not being a faggot, this song is great. I love the choir in the song, its cheesy but its fucking good

The rest of /mu can fuck off
>>
>>60810353
This is a whole new level of cheese
>>
>>60811806
>>60811825
wait wait....
define "cheese" please
>>
>>60811878
>define "cheese" please

dream theater
>>
>>60811941
you're not helping
>>
>>60810391
>smug anime girl 84.jpg
no chance of a folder link
>>
medio-core
>>
>>60811993
10/10
>>
>>60811976
https://mega.nz/#F!2w4xmaZY!reOA8Azdzo0TpbYbkHJXpg
here you go senpai
>>
>>60812023
Jesus
>>
Man I hate to say it, but this is actually okay

Reminds me of Images & Words

>dat triggered as fuck snare
>dat triple time shift
>dat LaBrie not sounding awful

Solo section and lyrics are atrocious though
>>
First minute and a half are pretty good. Solo is beyond terrible. Drums are lifeless as fuck but I dig the throwback snare
>>
>>60812105
It isn't triggered
It Mangini the mechanical trigger
>>
God how I wish they would get a different vocalist.

I thought the song was decent, better than a lot of the Dream Theater songs I've heard. I like all the other musicians, but LaBrie really fucking drags that band down.

The only album by DT I can really stand is Black Clouds & Silver Linings and even that is like a 7/10 imo
>>
>>60812204
Your favorite it's the shittiest
>>
>>60810353
the video looks like a shitty late 90's CD-ROM game
The music isn't actually bad but I feel like if I wanted to listen to something like that there are better options
>>
>people just don't have time for music anymore no one seems to care
Hahaha just Wow
>>
It's a real shame to see how prog rock has slowly turned into a pathetic unlistenable parody, and that DT track is nothing but the culmination of this agonizing decline. I'm not a big fan of prog but when you listen to stuff from the 60's and 70's, at least those drug ridden faggots were experimenting and doing something worthwile and somewhat interesting. This neo-prog shit everyone is pumping out is so artificial, sanitized, safe, cheesy and squeaky clean it sounds like fucking christian charity pop. I don't know if their grand plan is to expand their fanbase beyond the obese 50 year old virgins and deranged menopausical hags into the Disney demography. As much as prog tends to suck in general, this is just a fucking embarassing. It's like seeing Miley Cyrus devolving into Hannah Montana.
>>
>>60812651
There is still good prog, you just have to look for it
Like Steven Wilson, Dear Hunter, Anekdoten, Wilderun, Arcane, Riverside, Gazpacho, Arcturus, Leprous or Mystery from this year
>>
I don't understand you guys
>>
File: 1406526125623.gif (472 KB, 235x123) Image search: [Google]
1406526125623.gif
472 KB, 235x123
>>60812712
>steven wilson
>good
>>
>>60812797
Nice meme Fantano drone
>>
>>60812797
Nice meme Fantano drone
>>
>>60812854
>>60812862
What the fuck how did I double post
>>
listenin right now
>>
>>60810451
What the fuck is a "hard note"?
>>
>>60812854
>>60812862
>fantano drone
I don't even watch his reviews.
The Raven That Refused to Sing was good, but Hand. Cannot. Erase. is predictable as fuck
>>
>>60812912
shit that is just hard to play, just complexion with no actual song writing
>>
>>60813045
It's always better to watch someone good at what he's doing
>>
>>60813045
How can it be hard to play a single note? How can a note be hard? The only place where that's even possible is singing.
>>
>>60813072
i didn't mean a not, i meant notes

>>60813069
if he can write a song
>>
>>60813115
How can notes be hard? Being plural doesn't change chat properties they have.They're just notes. It's like saying "hard words". Unless you are retarded there is not such thing. "antidisestablishmentarianism" should come as natural as "pie" to anyone who's not fucking stupid.
>>
>>60812640
Fucking retarded

The album's a rock opera about some futuristic dystopia where the rebels fight the empire with the power of music. So the song title isn't "here's a single now suck our dicks", it's about the "chosen one" bringing music back to the world.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.