[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw your dad just got you a £250 ($380) ticket in the VIP
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
>tfw your dad just got you a £250 ($380) ticket in the VIP stalls at the Royal Albert Hall to see David Gilmour
>grew out of Pink Floyd about 5 years ago and don't think much of his solo work except On an Island

Mixed feels.

Any of you guys been to an expensive dadrock show like the Chinese Democracy ones?
>>
>>60809686

I've seen David Gilmour in the Royal Albert hall.
Paid my own ticket and it was worth all of it.
Don't like his solo work all that much but the older stuff he played was just amazing to hear live.
>>
>>60809686
Will still be a great experience who gives a shit you ungrateful little bastard
>>
>>60809810

Did you see the On an Island tour like me?

Which night, the David Bowie one, the Nick Mason one, or the other where I can't remember the guest? I went to the Mason one so technically saw Pink Floyd for 12 minutes.

>Don't like his solo work all that much but the older stuff he played was just amazing to hear live.

Yeah, all 20 or so minutes of Echoes was brilliant. And actually High Hopes live, he played it a bit heavier than the original, that sticks in the mind too.
>>
fuck OP so much
>>
>>60809929

Sorry, I am seeing how it might sound ungrateful.
>>
>>60809881
I went to the Rattle That Lock tour on the 23rd of September. I wish he would've played Echoes, it's my absolute favorite song.
Can't complain though.

Here's the setlist from when I went: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/david-gilmour/2015/royal-albert-hall-london-england-6bf4864e.html
>>
>>60809686
I'll kill you for that ticket if you want me to
>>
>>60809952
even if you have grown out of it, youll probably still enjoy it as hes renowned as a good live performer
>>
>>60810048

Ah yeah, forgot he'd already been around. That's a really good setlist, nice to see Crosy & Nash too. Like I say I actually quite like On an Island but haven't liked any of what I've heard of Rattle that Lock.

Since it's the second leg/new tour kinda thing (sort of like how it seemed Roger Waters toured The Wall three times over in about 4 years), I hope that means there's even less solo stuff.

Here's the setlist from nearly 10 years ago. Holy shit how time flies:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/david-gilmour/2006/royal-albert-hall-london-england-1bd61500.html
>>
just go there, get stoned and get your dad stoned and go in there and bond the shit out of it
>>
>>60810241
Yeah, Crosby & Nash were a pleasant surprise.
That 2006 setlist is also great. He actually played Arnold Layne? That's a rarity!
>>
File: david-gilmour-live.jpg (95 KB, 1064x799) Image search: [Google]
david-gilmour-live.jpg
95 KB, 1064x799
>>60810357

Indeed, though from watching the "Remember That Night" DVD filmed across the 3 gigs, David Bowie's guest performance of it a night previous was better.

He played some right old songs like Dominoes, and even some Syd stuff like Dark Globe. I remember preferring the Gdansk dockyard live release to the Albert Hall one though.
>>
>>60810517

It's hard to beat that Gdansk performance though.
>>
>OP
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.