[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Guitarist Ed O'Brien had hoped Radiohead's fourth
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: kida.jpg (301 KB, 1437x1437) Image search: [Google]
kida.jpg
301 KB, 1437x1437
>Guitarist Ed O'Brien had hoped Radiohead's fourth album would comprise "snappy", melodic guitar songs, but Yorke stated: "There was no chance of the album sounding like that. I'd completely had it with melody. I just wanted rhythm. All melodies to me were pure embarrassment."

We almost had an entire album of songs like Just, 15 Step, and Knives Out.
>>
damn bruh thom be savage af
>>
>>60809679
JUST knife my step out
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 400x400
>>60809679
>tfw
>>
File: 1400555940243.jpg (19 KB, 326x506) Image search: [Google]
1400555940243.jpg
19 KB, 326x506
>>60809679
It probably would have been another Bends.

Lucky stupid sexy Ed didn't get his way
>>
>>60810170
i think it would have sounded like their more guitar oriented stuff on in rainbows.

some ir tracks were written during ok computer they just weren't finalized until years later
>>
>>60809679
lol wut, kid A is melodic as fuck apart from treefingers (terrible song btw)
>>
>>60809679
>melodies to me were pure embarassement
Oi thom stop being such a pretentious wank you'll make me stop liking the music
>>
Then HTTT happened and it was a dreary melo dramatic mess
>>
Happy as I am that Kid A turned out the way it did, Knives Out IS my favorite Radiohead song. Dem solemn as fuck, intertwining melodies mang.
>>
File: kramer.jpg (107 KB, 565x346) Image search: [Google]
kramer.jpg
107 KB, 565x346
>>60811027
>treefingers (terrible song btw)
>>
>>60812466

You meant to say it was their best album?

Real talk, I get why HTTT is as divisive as it is but to me it's their darkest and most comprehensive album to date. Wasn't much in the way of progression - it just further rebalanced the rock and electronic elements that Amnesiac hinted at and In Rainbows perfected - but for me there's something about HTTT's ambience that really hits home harder than any of their other albums for me. It is dreary and melodramatic, arguably moreso than the 3 albums that preceded it, but I tend to like dreary, miserable stuff.
>>
>>60810100

Damn
>>
>>60811027
what, you don't like ambient?
>>
>>60812766
not him, but i just don't think he likes bad ambient
>>
>>60812647
I was listening to it again yesterday and some tracks like "we suck young blood" and "I will" just sound too dramatic and almost silly
its a very british sounding album in my opinion

tracks like The Gloaming are just awful
some good tracks though but just feels kinda over the top
>>
>>60812817

I wouldn't say Treefingers is bad ambient. It's nothing particularly special either but it's moody enough to get the job done.
>>
>>60812817
what necessarily is "bad" about it?
>>
>>60812831

>we suck young blood

Sounds like a fucking funeral dirge and I love it.

>I will

One of the weaker tracks but at 2 minutes it's more inoffensive than anything else - at worse it's like if You And Whose Army was an interlude or something.

>The Gloaming

This is gonna sound controversial as hell but I love the album version of The Gloaming. The kind of minimalist glitchiness it's got going on works well with the imagery for me. It creates this really tense, nervous atmosphere and I feel live versions over-embellish the song and are lesser for it. For me, less is more with that track.

>its a very british sounding album in my opinion

I do seem to like a lot of British bands so maybe it's just up my alley.
>>
File: Pablomhoney.jpg (231 KB, 500x430) Image search: [Google]
Pablomhoney.jpg
231 KB, 500x430
>>60809679
>We almost had an entire album of songs like Just, 15 Step, and Knives Out.
>almost
>Yorke stated: "There was no chance
>>
>>60812831
I agree We Suck Young Blood is something that might have seemed good in theory, but is pretty shit in execution.
I Will is just a little interlude, it shouldn't bother you that much.
The Gloaming is great, fuck off.
>>
People actually like Knives Out? That song is boring as fuck. Fuck all guitar music.
>>
>>60813362

>Fuck all guitar music

Yeah, Knives Out would be pretty boring with that attitude.
>>
>>60813362
>people like a radiohead song?
whudda thunk
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.