[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I come from an alternate reality where Kurt Cobain is still alive
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: nirvana.png (10 KB, 600x594) Image search: [Google]
nirvana.png
10 KB, 600x594
I come from an alternate reality where Kurt Cobain is still alive and Nirvana is still together. AMA
>>
>>60808985
why after the 4th studio album did the band go to shit?
>>
>>60808985
>>
Is Courtney still in jail after her second failed murder attempt?
>>
>>60808985
>>
>>
>>60809010
The 4th album (pic related) was their big comeback record after Kurt's attempted suicide and drug rehab. It may be their best album - dark, introspective, tragic, and raw.
>>
>>60809010
>>60809039
>>60809077
>Implying they were ever good
>>
>>60809390
>look mom i'm doing it again
>>
>>60809390
>look mom i'm doing it again
>>
Has there been any changes in the linup, did Kurt ever joined the Melvins, is Dave Grohl a complete faggot?
>>
Even if he didn't off himself the chances of them still being together would be fucking tiny, and the chances of them still making good music sub-zero

As in, EVEN IF they had one of the one-in-a-million radiohead style identity-crises-that-actually-turn-out good round the turn of the millenium, THAT would've gotten stale by now. Let alone the kind of music they are actually known for in the real world of things that happened
>>
>>60809484
They're still the same trio, but there's been quite a few hiatuses.
>>
Did Nirvana ever have an electronic phase?
>>
Is Kurt a solo artist, and does he do features with other pop stars?

>Rihanna ft Kurt Cobain
>>
>>60809597
Yeah. It was called Nevermind's production.
>>
>>60809624
fuk
>>
>>60809597
They ALMOST went full Kid A on their 2002 album 'No Return', but the phase didn't move past that record, thankfully. Fans had five years to savor their 4th album and No Return confused everyone.
>>
>>60809624
No but he performed Teen Spirit with Kanye West at O2. I don't think Kurt was too thrilled by it. They recorded a charity single after the Haiti earthquake but it was so awful that it's never been released. They both refuse to discuss it in interviews.
>>
Did they stop Rock from dying?
>>
>>60808985
How does this affect the music that we know in this reality?
>>
>>60809634
No Nirvana actually ditched grunge by album 4 in favor of a more alt-rock/nu-metal sound. That flopped so they went on hiatus for a few years and returned with a more industrial NIN influenced sound in the mid-2000s
>>
>>60809755
Yes.

>>60809766
Not that much, I guess. Foo Fighters still exists.
>>
>>60809790
Why is Kanye still a thing if rock didn't die and hip-hop didn't take over the charred remains of the industry post-1999?
>>
Why do people do this? This isn't even clever. It's almost as if you worship these bands so much that if you will yourself hard enough you can pretend these little fantasies are actually true.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.