[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
With all this talk about end-of-the-year lists and such, I have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_2993-608x608.jpg (265 KB, 608x608) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2993-608x608.jpg
265 KB, 608x608
With all this talk about end-of-the-year lists and such, I have to ask, does anybody else not ever feel pleased with the records released every year? Last year and this one were the first ones in which I was completely up-to-date with what was coming, which of my favorite bands were releasing what, etc, and every time I just download the album, listen to the first 5 songs, think it's either ok or boring, and then forget about it (until I rediscover it in the future). I'm not saying the music released this year, or the last one, was bad, I'm just saying it sort of takes more than some months for an album to sink in to me, and all these lists feel kind of forced.

I naturally feel more inclined about discovering the hundreds of thousands of records released decades ago that I haven't heard of yet, so I find it odd how everyone is making their best-of lists with 50 albums, when I can barely mention 10 that I actually enjoyed (even though I've listened to many more 2015 releases than that). I don't know if I'm hard to please, or It's just that other people put a lot more effort into listening the latest music.
>>
>>60808237
maybe music just isn't for you. take up hopscotch or binge-drinking or something.
>>
>>60808328
but I've heard more music than 90% of this board!
>>
Well realize not everyone is stuck on the older times of music like you are mate. Some people absorb music faster. All this means is that you just shouldnt be making top 50 album lists,
>>
>>60808994
I guess that's true. I for sure won't make a list. I tried last year and I ended up adding 30 albums I didn't like, and only 5~ that I thought were really good.

I wonder if there are people who mostly listen to newer music? Now that would be weird!
>>
>>60809248
To be honest im one of those people
Im probably younger than you (17 years old), so im influenced more by electronica and basically the new sound of music. Im quite proud of it actually, considering im not a huge fan of classics and such from 70s, 80s, etc.
I respect the greats but i just dont listen to it
Therefore most of my taste is centered around modern music
>>
>>60809678
That's curious! Yeah, I'm almost 21. Still, there is a lot of electronic music pre-90s, but of course most of it it's more "academical" and concerns people interested with the historical/theoretical side. Unless you strictly mean electronica as a genre, which would be fine.

I think you should open your doors to older music. I never was a one-genre only guy, as I quickly get bored of that, but it's really amusing to me someone not enjoying much music from the past. I neglect a lot of the traditional rockstars (The Doors, The Who, Rolling Stones, etc, are nothing but an annoyance to me), but still I've found hundreds of records from each decade that I enjoy a lot.
>>
Bump. I'm listening to the most revered albums of the year again, by the way.
>>
desu I feel more inclined to listen to newer stuff, I guess I love live shows so much and following current bands.
Of course there is no 'le wrong generation', and actually in an impossible list of my very favourites there are probably more albums from the 90s than anything, but new music is more relevant now I guess
>>
>>60812244
>I love live shows
Oh, that would be a huge reason to listen to newer music I think. Nobody ever comes here, so I've never been to one.
>>
>>60812244
I struggle with this, I would listen to a lot more new music if good bands would actually come here.
>>
>>60808674
If you have and haven't found anything you genuinely enjoy music really isn't for yoi
>>
>>60812796
I don't understand what you are saying, and even then, this notion of "music being for some people" is amusing. Where did you come from that? This isn't really a hobbie, is it? I mean, music is too broad to be just that. It's not comparable to knitting. This isn't something you pick up, simply put, some people are more prone to explore than others, but everyone enjoys music.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.