[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 9
File: Setting-Goals-for-2016.jpg (87 KB, 845x490) Image search: [Google]
Setting-Goals-for-2016.jpg
87 KB, 845x490
Post your 2016 predictions.

Also, someone should pull up some of the 2015 prediction threads from the archive and let's see if any of them were right.
>>
New Gorillaz LP
New Kanye LP
New James Blake LP
New Radiohead LP
New Horsepower Productions LP
New Frank Ocean LP
New U2 LP
>>
>>60806576
some music will come out and all of it will suck, except for the stuff i like
>>
File: image.jpg (329 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
329 KB, 960x1280
This will be AOTY
/mu/ will hate it though
>>
File: blackstarmane.jpg (32 KB, 616x440) Image search: [Google]
blackstarmane.jpg
32 KB, 616x440
Why this guy looking like he's about to drop the hottest album of 2016?
>>
Avalanches, plz.
>>
New Bad Religion LP

>will sound exactly like every other Bad Religion LP
>I will buy it anyway
>comfort food is comfortable
>>
File: DIIVisthis.jpg (88 KB, 620x620) Image search: [Google]
DIIVisthis.jpg
88 KB, 620x620
DIIV is releasing album of the year.

New Kanye will be disappointing.

/mu/ will turn into a shit hole when a new Animal Collective album comes out. The album will be awful but /mu/ will think it's good.

New Giles Corey (hopefully).
>>
>>60806619
>Gorillaz in 2010 and 2011
>Multiple collaborations, original soundtracks, and supergroups in 2011, 2012, and 2013
>Solo album in 2014
>New Blur album with Graham in 2015
>New Gorillaz album in 2016
>Talk of additional solo work, collaborations, and even already possible new Gorillaz and Blur material planned throughout 2017, 2018, and 2019

How does Damon do it?
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 420x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 420x400
>>60806723
He treats music making as a 9-5 job, only working on weekdays and having breaks here and there. God knows how he makes operas and musicals on top of that
>>
Kanye West's Swish will release in February. It will get a 9.0 from Pitchfork and a light 8 from Fantano.
>>
The new Radiohead album will be p& by almost everyone. Getting a 6.2 from p4k.
>>
>>60806869
It's insane. The man's been in music since the late 80s, has a bigger work ethic and more consistent quality output than almost all of his contemporaries from the late 80s, 90s, and 00s and even now.
>>
Kendrick Lamar x J Cole
Best hip hop album of the decade
>>
Radiohead will make another great album
Justin Beiber and Kid Cudi will start a noise rock band
emo revival revival
>>
https://rbt.asia/mu/thread/S52517340
>>
they predicted the bieb revival
>>
pop-punk bands from the early 2000s will try and fail to have a resurgence...new albums from Sum 41 and the like will embarrass everyone
>>
>>60807066
I really hope this new LP isnt rushed though. I liked TMW and ER but they dont come close to Plastic Beach imo (or any Gorillaz album really)
>>
File: 2015.png (115 KB, 1029x317) Image search: [Google]
2015.png
115 KB, 1029x317
>>60807095
huge thread and only one accurate prediction, tsk tsk /mu/
>>
New Tim Hecker will be god tier
>>
New AnCo album will be AOTD
>>
scott weiland will make a triumphant return
>>
File: lorde970.jpg (197 KB, 970x600) Image search: [Google]
lorde970.jpg
197 KB, 970x600
Lorde gets a BNT but no BNM.
>>
>>60807241
zombiecore
>>
New Raconteurs LP

>7/10
>>
Willie Nelson will finally fucking die
>>
>>60807188
Everyday Robots is too samey imo, but The Magic Whip has definitely grown on me. It may not have the same highs as previous Blur albums, but it certainly doesn't have any real lows and is honestly very pleasantly consistent given the circumstances in which is was recorded (it's just a bunch jam sessions over a weekend break from touring in Hong Kong in early 2013 that were pieced together a year later with lyrics added on by damon back in january). They still have the magic and I'd love to see what they'd come up with if they actually set aside a decent amount of time to actually craft an album in the studio like Damon has been doing with Gorillaz. At this point, they shouldn't worry about whether the album is accessible or not or whether it has a radio single on it, and just pull a Blur/13/Think Tank and really just do something out there again.
>>
Magic! releases a new #1 single
>>
Kanye will drop and the board will be unusable for a few months
>>
>>60807615
yeah, the underage kids will spam it and the adults will complain
>>
>>60807337
pls no
>>
Painting With - 9.0
Swish - 8.8
La Partition will be AOTY
>>
>>60806595
>New Gorillaz LP
awful
>New Kanye LP
shit
>New James Blake LP
lol remember when everyone on this board cared about that dumb shit
>New Radiohead LP
bland norm-core
>New Horsepower Productions LP
idk what that is
>New Frank Ocean LP
lol remember when everyone on this board cared about that dumb shit [2]
>New U2 LP
why would anyone care?
>>
>>60807821
Wow, you must be a real music scholar. Please tell me what you are excited for next year.
>>
>>60807838
this desu https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEjPyQogGgc
excited to hear your response about how it's not as good as what you listen to
>>
Arcade Fire album August next year.
>>
New Arcade Fire and New Vampire weekend. Both get BNM but only in the 8.4ish range
>>
>>60807898
Eh, It's hugely inspired by a lot of early Sub Pop acts, but nothing amazing.
>>
i'm gonna die lol
>>
New Slowdive (praised)
New Ride (average, nothing special)
New Lush (bretty good)
shoegaze revival!!1!1!11 (yes, again..)
New The Strokes (will be criticized)
New Interpol (maybe?)
>>
/mu/ will pretend it doesn't care about Tool's new album.
>>
>>60808509
>New Ride (average, nothing special)
Honestly, any sort of honest shogazing album from them would be wonderful and at least help their discography be less weighed down by the awful americana/blues rock/classic rock-lite tripe that is Carnival of Light and Tarantula.
>>
>>60808509
The strokes will be unfairly criticized

Angles is pretty underrated desu
>>
Have A Nice Life will perform a small tour, release an 9/10 EP, and then disband.
>>
>>60808509
I can't think of a more insipid list than this trash

Jesus christ almighty might as well get the next Don Henley album there
>>
>>60806651
Not in your lifetime
>>
File: ska.jpg (27 KB, 500x277) Image search: [Google]
ska.jpg
27 KB, 500x277
Ska revival
>>
Kanye's new album will contain a large number of hilarious botched/mistaken pop-culture references that his insufferable fanbase will continue to defend against all reason.
>>
>>60809018
Disgusting
>>
Deftones' new album will be very good, but will end up being memed into oblivion within days.
>>
Pitchfork will award its first 10.0 in 6 years, and then redact it when the artist makes a questionable comment.
>>
Spirit They're Gone, Spirit They've Vanished will become an even larger meme than ITAOTS, being mega-spammed daily. This leads to significant rubber-banding, and a very negative view of the album.
>>
>>60806651
New Avalanches and Tool albums are the soundtrack to Half-Life 3. My dad works at Nintendo he said so
>>
>>60807112

Simple Plan featuring Nelly is a thing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9ovl3ixqHs
>>
Avalanches at LEAST gives us an album release date
>>
George Clarke and/or Kerry McCoy will come out as bisexual.
>>
>>60809884

That is fucking atrocious.
>>
Kanye fans secede from the United States.
>>
Pinkshinyultrablast will start getting noticed with their new album.

Shoegaze revival will sort of continue to be a thing with more nu-gaze bands in the spotlight.

More weird southern trap/Atlanta shit (ala Thugger and Migos) will continue to be popular in the mainstream.

Footwork influence will start to creep into more hip-hop, "pbrnb", and various electronic tracks.

"Deep House" will continue to influence the mainstream, despite the fact that the catalyst for this, Disclosure, have now fallen off. UK Garage-influenced pop tunes may emerge once again and classic house and techno songs will be sampled and re-appropriated ad-nauseum. Possibly more oldschool funk, jazz, soul, and/or disco influences and/or use of samples in hip-hop as a stark constrast to the aforementioned "Atlanta" style.

Probably some new meta post-ironic genre will come out of some bizzarre synthesis of styles to replace PC Music and Vaporwave.
>>
Our Lord, Jesus Christ will return to Earth in human form. His debut album receives a 6.8 from Pitchfork; Fantano calls it "promising".
>>
>Views From The 6
9.5 BNM

ibs hapopening
>>
More funk and instrumental bands

More pop music like grimes
>>
A /mu/core band will receive an 8.5 with no BNM. Massive head-scratching ensues.
>>
More Clarence Clarity and artists that will try to imitate Clarence Clarity.
>>
>>60807898
>sub pop

AHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH
>>
>>60807112
reminder that the dude in alkaline trio replaced tom in blink 182

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMv5FlpfVUY.
>>
This retro fad shit will completely die out and then everyone will stop buying vinyls
>>
>>60810206
lol
>>
>>60807231
For pop yes
Otherwise it'll just be pretty great
>>
>>60810254

Fuck I hope so.
>>
>>60810289
jajajaja .. ;)

;^O
>>
>2016
Pierre Boulez dies
>>
>>60810006
I'll expand on this anon's predictions
>new equivalent of meme rap will be meme footwork (footwork watered down to appeal to white teens)
>hypergrunge/post-vaporwave will succeed vaporwave, however it won't spawn the meme culture vaporwave did so much as it becomes a loose scene centered around the discussion of obscure albums in slow vaporwave generals/bandcamp threads
Also
>cassettes will continue to rapidly expand in popularity with urban outfitters teens, vinyl sales stagnate somewhat
>autechre will release a live performance style album like quaristice except much better, potentially their best album
>radiohead finally release lp9
>>
>>60810471
new Jai Paul confirmed?
>>
>>60810006

hey can we be friends?
>>
>>60810254
nostalgia for 20-25 years prior is always a thing. it's been this way since at least the 70's, when there was a huge 50's nostalgia fad going on.
>>
>>60810552
Sure thing man.

>>60810528
Hmmm... I could definitely see most of this coming true more or less.
>>
Drake will delay Views from the 6 due to fear's of oversaturation

Iglooghost will drop another record and start getting noticed outside the internet

flylo will drop a hip hop inspired record

maceo plex's album will be 100% electro, no tech house at all

Grime will not get big in the US, but Skepta may be featured on SWISH

super cutesy sounds will get into pop (less so PC Music, more like Cashmere Cat and San Holo)
>>
>>60806576
I will release my first album, it will become a huge meme
>>
New Unicorns album
>>
>>60811446
>less so PC Music

nah, squeeky rubbery uncanny sounds will finally become the thing, also the first year of virtual reality. The future is coming
>>
>>60809946
Lol
>>
>>60813038

Keep dreaming.
>>
>>60807821
>horsepower productions
>idk what this is
>thinking you can get by with opinions

execute yourself normie
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.