[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rating and Reviewing Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: mastodon.jpg (13 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
mastodon.jpg
13 KB, 225x225
Anyone else like rating and reviewing individual songs on albums?
The Hunter by Mastodon.
Black Tongue 8/10
Curl of the Burl 7/10
Blasteroid 2/10
Stargasm 3/10
Octopus Has no Friends 1/10
All the Heavy Lifting 8/10
The Hunter 9/10
Dry Bone Valley 6/10
Thickening 9/10
Creature Lives 6/10
Spectrelight 7/10
Bedazzled Fingernails 5/10
The Sparrow 10/10

Average: 6/10.
Would like to see other peoples album reviews.
>>
>>60798219
kill yourself cunt
>>
>>60798225
not a fan. thats cool.
>>
>>60798219
This isn't really a review, you're just assigning numbers to songs without explaining why
>>
>>60798219
>The Hunter

It's been few years already and I can still smell the stench of disappointment. I was a huge faggot and a huge Matodon fan back then and after Crack The Skye, their "wind" album I thought this one would be Mastodon in cosmos or something, after fire, water, earth and wind albums. I was so excited, but all I got was a disjointed compilation of radio ready buttrock. Fuck this album and fuck Mastodon.
>>
>>60798315
i know what you mean. I like seeing what other people would give albums and songs out of 10. It doesnt mean much without explanation but id still like to see some other album reviews like this or however you want to do it.
>>
File: Faust.jpg (44 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Faust.jpg
44 KB, 600x600
>Why Don't You Eat Carrots? 9/10
>Meadow Meal 9.5/10
>Miss Fortune 9.5+/10
Miss Fortune is my favorite song of all time.
>>
File: Folder.jpg (225 KB, 1083x1078) Image search: [Google]
Folder.jpg
225 KB, 1083x1078
>>60798385
Another of my favorite albums
>Lemmings 9/10
>Man-Erg 9.5+/10
>A Plague of Lighthouse Keepers 9.5/10
>>
>>60798322
You dont like a single song on the album? Theres gotta be at least one. Even Once More Round the Sun had the title track.
>>
>>60798385
>>60798415
how long have you been listening to them? Those are some pretty high ratings.
>>
>>60798480
3rd time actually
>>
File: sophie.jpg (32 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
sophie.jpg
32 KB, 400x400
Let's go with one that isn't of my favorites but I do like.
>Theme de Yoyo 8/10
>Theme de Celine 7.5/10
>Variations Sur un Theme de Monteverdi I 6.5/10
>Variations Sur un Theme de Monteverdi II 6.5/10
>Proverbes I 7/10
>Theme Amour Universal 7/10
>Theme Libre 8/10
>Proverbes II 7/10
>Overall 7.5/10
>>60798480
I've been listening to Pawn Hearts for a year now, and Faust for two years.
>Those are some pretty high ratings.
Yes, they are two of my top 5 albums of all time.
>>
>>60798219
Fucking neck yourself. People who obsessively rate music that they personally like obviously don't like it enough to warrant listening to it for pure enjoyment rather than analysing it, criticising it and obsessing over what particular parts of an albums you do and don't like.
>>
>>60798548
you dont like reviewing music. thats cool to.
>>
>>60798619
No. It's not that. It's the obsessive threads that occur here every single day rating and obsessing over artists discographies. Like damn, you're just an average person. Just enjoy the music without having to analyse it and rate everything out of 10. Music should be about enjoyment, not arbitrary score systems.
>>
>>60798628
i cant do both? i actually cant fall asleep without listening to music. Its really hard to anyways. but i also like reviewing things. Kind of like a personal thing i do. Just seeing if anyone else does this. Apparently im in the minority though.
i see a lot of 10/10 album threads which are fine but i like to get more in depth than that.
>>
>>60798680
>but I like to get more in depth than that
There's nothing wrong with album discussion. Even criticism. Rating system completely ruins it though. Because an incredible album might have some things that you dislike about it, but it doesn't mean you should suddenly give it a 6/10 or something stupid like that. Obviously that was just an example off the top of my head, but you know what I'm saying.
>I actually can't fall asleep without listening to music.
I'm much the same, but it's my fan. I can't sleep in absolute silence. I'd prefer music, but even at low volumes it's as if it irritates me or something. I'd rather the music though.
>>
>>60798703
Well i think The Hunter is a bit conflicting. Some songs are well made and stick in your head. But some of these tracks are unforgivable like Octopus Has No Friends. Horrible lyrics in that one. At this point Mastodon has opted for a more progressive sound than straight metal like in their previous albums. To me they seem to be getting away from the yelling and heavy riffs which is fine with me. What i cant forgive is the lackluster songwriting and generic pop sound of some of the tracks. There are many other songs that keep me coming back like Black Tongue(great opening track) or The Sparrow(great closing track). Overall a good album but nothing special. There are just too many forgettable songs keeping this album from being truly great.
Prefer this kind of review?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.