[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I decided to sit down and listen through a couple St. Vincent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: st_vincent.jpg (224 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
st_vincent.jpg
224 KB, 750x500
And decided whether or not she is overrated waifucore or actually a talented musician.

And I am left with the overwhelming opinion that she is a talentless hack who is worshiped by waifutards and "quirky" Hipsters.

Her songs all seem extremely simple and plain, and all she does is slap some cheesy "obscure" tune overtop so people who don't know music think she's artistic.
>>
We are devastated that you think that, anon.
>>
only known across the globe for her meme hair and you were expecting something else?
>>
>>60798149
I agree with you.
>>
File: sinnie.jpg (224 KB, 450x465) Image search: [Google]
sinnie.jpg
224 KB, 450x465
>Surgeon
>Strange Mercy
>The Neighbours
>Paris is Burning
>Rattlesnake

goat

hot opinions, op
>>
File: Totally not waifucore.jpg (75 KB, 998x1000) Image search: [Google]
Totally not waifucore.jpg
75 KB, 998x1000
You already posted what makes her popular. Her rare jewish qt face.
She is hipster waifu material, and she exactly knows tand capitalizes on that. That is why her rare jewish qt face appears on 80% of her albums (Lauren Mayberry, regarded as "waifucore" - 0%).
That is why basically every of her music videos and life performances emphasizes her rare jewish qt appearance.
@Illusionz
That is why the first two songs from her last album are about her taking off her clothes and masturbating, respectively. Digital Witness critisizes social networks. Totally not hipstercore.
>inb4 muh catchy riffs meme
Every half decent Pop/Rock-band has them. Check Arctic Monkeys. They are regarded here as "entry level pleb music".
>inb4 muh critics meme
If it is not Annie, it is "Pitchfork-Core" for some reason. Her self-titled also is Top 20 charts music in the US, by the way. She also won a friggin grammy. Such music is considered pleb by people her by default.
>inb4 muh talent meme
There are thousands of female artists out there that do not receive the attention that Annie Clark gets her. Take Julia Holter, Torres, Frances Quinlan (Hop Along). They all have one thing in common - they made better albums than Annie this year, but they dont have a rare jewish qt face.
>>
>>60798149
>Her songs all seem extremely simple and plain, and all she does is slap some cheesy "obscure" tune overtop so people who don't know music think she's artistic.

I couldn't agree anymore. Her 'weird' and 'quirky' style gets her more attention than anything. I'm pretty sure the only people who listen to her are artsy douches living in a shitty flat, who receive most of their income from wealthy relatives as they pursue their degree in liberal arts.

/thread
>>
File: pepeofmen.jpg (70 KB, 629x800) Image search: [Google]
pepeofmen.jpg
70 KB, 629x800
>>60798324
That's basically me
>>
>>60798149
>Her songs all seem extremely simple and plain
Can you provide some kind of musical analysis to support this assertion? Without one it's a worthless criticism.
>all she does is slap some cheesy "obscure" tune overtop
What do you mean by this?
>>
You can't really sit down and just listen to her albums once or twice imo. Especially Strange Mercy takes time to appreciate.
>>
>>60798356
>you have to force yourself to like it lel
Don't be retarded. Marry Me and Actor are her only decent albums.
>>
>>60798149
thank u 4 sharing your crucial opinion, /mu/ can rest easy tonite
>>
>>60798390
Her albums are growers is what I'm saying. Familiar with that concept? Don't answer, I know you are.
>>
>>60798149
Oh look her music is so simpel XD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9L3D1w8KcY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_0bmS6mhPE
>>
Of course. Why should I listen to her If I could listen to Bjork instead. And I don't even like Bjork that much.
>>
>>60798149
Who cares you contrarian retard
>>
>>60798149
i want to touch her hair i bet it feels like cotton candy
>>
>>60799335
it feels like a meme
>>
>>60798356

It's utter pap and while we're here... See also the output of "elfin" Grimes. Pure twaddle.

And if either "goddess" had a face like a pan of squashed frogs you'd never have heard of them.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.