[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
listening gear
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: gear.png (660 KB, 1950x780) Image search: [Google]
gear.png
660 KB, 1950x780
finally splurged on some decent gear. post what you got, what you're listening to, and tell me why I'm a pleb.

floating points - eleania
>>
>>60794603
>falling for the beyer meme
>>
>>60795225
what makes it a meme?
>>
>>60795225

How are really these Beyer compared to a Seinheiser in the same price ?

Ex : Senneihser 598 vs Beyer 990

i'm imagine these (the Beyer) too neutral and analytic, like the intra Shure, what a waste of money I did some years ago.
>>
I just got these in the mail yesterday, bought them because of their black friday deal. And I have never been happier with a pair of headphones, and I've been through a few pairs in my day. Super durable, light weight, amazing soundscape and quality, and best of all, every single part is replaceable. I'd definitely recommend aiaiai to anyone with audiophile tastes.
>>
File: mdr1a.jpg (4 MB, 4896x3264) Image search: [Google]
mdr1a.jpg
4 MB, 4896x3264
Picked up a pair of these a few months ago. Sound quality is spectacular. These are the most expensive headphones I've ever gotten, and I couldn't be more happy about them.
>>
got the sennheiser 598s for 70 dollars on black friday.

really enjoying them so far. great sound quality, very comfortable, pleased with the price
>>
>>60796777
cool trips, also where the hell did you find them for 70 bucks?

i was going between beyer and sennheiser on black friday and went with beyer because of ken rockwell (lol) and the way they look (i'm a sucker for cold, industrial aesthetic). very satisfied with the purchase but would have gone with a 70 dollar 598 had i known.
>>
>>60794603
Why waste money on placebo?
>>
I'm looking for headphones that will protect my ears while I play drums. It needs to block out the noise from coming in so I can protect my hearing, while also being loud enough to play a click track while I jam. Currently I have Sennheiser HD 558s, great headphones, but they don't block out the noise and with the click track on top it's most likely doing more harm than good.

My budget is $200, I was thinking V-MODA Crossfade LP 2, I've tried them before but would like a second opinion.
>>
>>60797026
it's not like he wasted an exorbitant amount of money.
>>
>>60797080
But why buy placebo?
>>
>>60797109
first state what you believe is placebo
>>
>>60797128
Flac
>>
>>60797143
its not placebo
>>
>>60797143
an audio format that performs as stated is not placebo
>>
>>60794603
How do these stack up again denon ahd2000? Upgrading from my senheisers 215s and I gave an oppa dac.
>>
>>60797179
>>60797157

hello reddit
>>
holy fuck this place is full of easily trolled idiots
>>
>>60797157
>>60797179
There is literally no difference between 320 and flac
>>
>>60796305
Beyer Dynamics 990s are more fun sounding than Sennheiser 598
>>
>>60797267
I dunno about those things op posted but I have a headphone amplifier dac and listen to all my stuff on 320kps. The dac certainly makes shit sound better and it also has a gain control which is nice. You can change bass too but desu if it wasn't mastered that way, leave it.
>>
>>60797268

What do you mean more "fun" ?
>>
>>60797284
sound profile with more focus on bass and treble and no Sennheiser shroud
>>
>>60797284
less accurate
>>
>>60797303
They are still close enough to reference. It's just about which sound profile you prefer.

They also both have excellent soundstage, I think the Beyers are a bit better in that regard though.
>>
>>60797299

Ok I call this more dynamic if I want to be pediantric.

That's weird I thought by the look of these to be more neutral than the Sen.

I will have to give it a shot but they are not yet a "meme" here.
>>
>>60797338
i think the dt series between the 770-990 sound mostly the same. it's just the 990 is the most accentuated in the bass and treble and that's annoying to me. still they cost about as much as the 880 so it's not like you're paying premium for an upgrade for what i feel is a downgrade from the 880
>>
>>60797376
I went with the 990 over the 880 because of the superior soundstage for gaming personally. I also already owned a pair of 598s and I felt they were too neutral so I appreciated the extra bass and treble. Truth be told though they sound very very similar but those reasons are enough for me to prefer the 990s over 598s.
>>
File: bose_802_loudspeaker_system.jpg (69 KB, 800x690) Image search: [Google]
bose_802_loudspeaker_system.jpg
69 KB, 800x690
Nobody here listen to music with loudspeakers here ?

I have to admit at low volume it's hard to find something cheap, good and balanced.
>>
>>60797416
Also wanted to add that if you feel like looking into the 'Sennheiser veil,' having owned the 598s and the 990s I can hear it when I'm wearing my 598s and it bothers me quite a bit.
I don't know if this problem persists with the better models like the HD600 or not. If you look into it a lot of people think it's bullshit.
>>
>>60797481

The whole "Seinnheiser Veil" is people who don't understand what "audiophile " and " "neutral/analytic" mean.
>>
>>60797416
>>60797481
the veil is probably the boost in the mid bass with a small dip after. they also don't have a huge treble spike so many people say they're not detailed enough. my complaint with sennheisers headphones is the lack of sub bass not the small dip
>>
>>60797556

Yep. Lot of german hi end audio are like this. I guess that the german's way.
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 640x431) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 640x431
Based ampli.
>>
I'm a total normie when it comes to music so i recently got a v1 Momentum at $90 which I thought was a good deal since I don't own any half decent headphones.

Currently getting into AnCo's MPP, Julien Baker, Sports and Palm.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.