[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was going through your head when you heard Death Grips?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: 65655433.jpg (35 KB, 400x509) Image search: [Google]
65655433.jpg
35 KB, 400x509
What was going through your head when you heard Death Grips?
>>
menes
>>
>>60793749
*first heard
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqcOPHpZLg8
>>
menes
>>
>>60793773
"Menes was an ancient Egyptian pharaoh of the early dynastic period, credited by classical tradition with having united Upper and Lower Egypt, and as the founder of the first dynasty (Dynasty I)."
>>
>>60793749
This is pretty crack
>>
menes
>>
>>60793749
I was really baked at I believe the ripe age of 16. My friend sent it to me while we were discussing good music to smoke to, and it just wigged me the fuck out. The video was a bit strange and the music was just too intense for it being my first exposure to their sound and being under the influence. But I like them now, im not so found of nldw or tptb though
>>
if i pretend to like this maybe the mean boys on /mu/ will accept me
>>
File: 1445286271255.jpg (64 KB, 1216x668) Image search: [Google]
1445286271255.jpg
64 KB, 1216x668
not much
>>
First listen: "the fuck is this"
20th listen: "i fuck with this"
>>
>>60793808

>Menes is a pharao
>You are just tricked
>Menes is a fucking meme of ancient egypt
>2016

source:: reddit.
>>
>>60793940
this
>>
File: 242.gif (174 KB, 282x400) Image search: [Google]
242.gif
174 KB, 282x400
Subatomic penetration rapid fire
>>
>guillotine posted on dota 2 general 3 years ago
>wow what a retarded empty shit song, didnt even finish listening to it
>2 years later wanted to try new music, opened mind and legs to receive new sound in my life
>wow this niggas on the moon album is pretty wild
>end up liking death grips to the point that i listened almost exclusively to their discography this entire year
>>
>>60793749

>"Wow, this is a great conceptual art exhibition anchored by sound and vision"
>>
>>60793749
the first time was when a friend linked me the guillotine video and i wondered why this homeless man was screaming nonsense at me then a year later i started listening to them a lot
>>
I just don't get it. It's noise rap. I love rap. Let me say it again, I FUCKING LOVE RAP! But I really just don't get DG or MC Ride's style. It just gives me a headache after listening to a full track.
>>
>well this is disappointing
>>
>>60793749
I was like
>Heh, this is pretty good

Then I listened to the money store again, and I was like
>WWOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! 10/10 GOAT
>>
Boko haram
>>
>>60793749
"eh. fuck hip hop"

"i suppose this is hip hop i could get into though"

"this is fucking brutal"

"goddamn these lyrics are fucking great"

"most important band of this decade"
>>
i saw gillotine when it first came out and just laughed and moved on. LIked the money store for a couple months in 2012 but never lsitened much after that
>>
>>60795453
>most important band of this decade

lmfao
>>
>>60795453
sounds like me when i heard salem except more like "eh fuck shoegaze"
>>
it made me feel like I was listening to a satanic negro
real primal sounding, he seemed like he killed people before
>>
Somebody suggested it in a noise forum (not here) and I was curious, watched the guillotine video and found it OK, kind of interesting.
>>
>>60793916
hi dog
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.