[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: DreamTheaterTheAstonishing.png (95 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
DreamTheaterTheAstonishing.png
95 KB, 220x220
So how are we feeling about Dream Theater's new album?

Personally, their new feature "The Gift of Music" sounds really... don't know. Doesn't sound like a Dream Theater song. Thoughts?
>>
I like it OP, it sounds reminiscent of six degrees. I'm really looking forward to the rest of the album.
And, assuming you listen to DT like I do, you won't really like it at first, but it'll grow on you.

Also /mu is a bunch of fags so expect the thread to die because there's no fairypop or niggertunz here
>>
>>60789332
Awake is their best album, and just as good as any /mu/ core album IMO
>>
>>60789357
So not very good at all?
>>
>>60787530
>that cover
Hahaha just Wow
>>
> Album called The Astonishing
> First song released is called 'The Gift of Music'

Holy shit can anyone's ego get any bigger?!

New song is DT by numbers, awful drum sounds.
>>
>>60789596
The album's a rock opera about some futuristic dystopia where the rebels fight the empire with the power of music. So the song title isn't "here's a single now suck our dicks", it's about the "chosen one" bringing music back to the world.

Cheesy as fuck, but that's what I like.
>>
>>60787530
Mix could be better, but I'll hold off on final judgments until I'm not listening to a youtube quality single. I like the song a lot, like that other guy said reminiscent of Six Degrees (plus some I&W), and the guitar solo is great.
>>
This is so fucking terrible and that's coming from someone who liked A Dramatic Turn of Events. This gay ass fucking opera rock shit sucks. Mangini sucks, Rudess sucks and Dream Theater probably suck too now.
>>
>>60790626
Why are you singling out Rudess?
And a dramatic turn of events kicked ass, way better than D12
>>
>>60790875
>Why are you singling out Rudess?
Because he turned DT into a masturbatory contest between him and Petrucci.

>D12
Is there lingo I'm unaware of?
>>
>>60790923
I kinda agree with you on a point, sometimes he does too much, overall I prefer Kevin Moore era keys

And D12 refers to the self titled Dream Theater album, released in 2013 because i have retarded fucking fingers that hits 2's instead of 3's on my fucking keyboard.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (63 KB, 1117x577) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
63 KB, 1117x577
>go to wiki page
>see this
man it embarrasses me that I ever liked these guys tbqh
>>
>>60791042
I mean, I'd rather they do something over the top and absurd like this than something like their last album. I don't listen to DT for an album full of 6 minute singles, I want something huge and engrossing like Metropolis, Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence or Octavarium. This new album's probably gonna be ridiculous and cheesy, but I'm just embracing it.
>>
>>60790875
dude A Dramatic Turn of Events sucked ass. So did D13. The mixing and mastering is awful, drum sound sounds, and Labrie is boring as fuck.

They really need to bring old Labrie back. Don't know if it's cuz he can't sing at all anymore, or if they're just choosing to be more mainstream and safe with their vocals.
>>
>>60791688
Probably cuz he can't sing. I mean he's been better than the mid 2000's but he's never going to be Images and Words LaBrie again. RIP in peace
>>
can a nigga get a link
>>
>>60792697
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdPn1mCmqoE
>>
>>60792878
Thanks, so the album hasn't leaked yet?

I like the way the guitars sound so far. More prog than metal.
>>
>>60793119
>>60793119
No album leak yet, just this song (which wasnt a leak). They were careful to keep this album pretty secret until they officially announced it.

And yeah the guitars sound nice so far. I have high expectations for this album
>>
Around the 1:20 - 1:23 time, the vocals sound pitch shifted. He says "people just dont have the time for music anymore." Was it intentiomal?
>>
HELLO REDDIT
>>
>>60795200
I think it might be. There is a slight phaser effect on his voice in that area of the song that goes in and out and it just happened to land on that spot. I think they need to remove it or retrack the vocals there.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.