[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/AnCo/ general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2
File: geologistpwcover.jpg (162 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
geologistpwcover.jpg
162 KB, 900x900
What do you think of the album snippets?

http://www99.zippyshare.com/v/iHRvu55Q/file.html
>>
bois latin the album
>>
sounds dope
>>
>>60785412
this
>>
>>60785412
I can deal with this
>>
probably going to be their best album
>>
>>60785389
Feels a lot like the Honeycomb EP. cool.
>>
>>60785389
A bit underwhelming, a bit too safe.
>>
awesome.

animal collective completely owns a new sound almost every time they release an album, maybe with the exception of centipede hz. after several listens to all the clips, i can confidently say this album won't be disappointing to any fans of the band. though, animal collective definitely is not for everyone.
>>
>>60785389
the lads have gone maximum beach boys
>>
probably p4k 9+
>>
>>60787649
This is not a bad thing though.
>>
>>60785389
The second half seems stronger, but that's just based on snippets so...
Feels like Panda had a lot to do with the writing, there's a lot of similar vibes and harmonies with PBVSGR
>>
>>60785389
doesn't feel inspired at all for me. kinda dissapointing honestly. feels very half assed on first listen
>>
>>60789684
why do you say so. I feel that AnCo always goes all in, even if the end result is lacking.
>>
>>60789867
it doesnt sound like strawberry jam. and i only like that song at around 3:40
>>
>>60785412
>>60785588
>>60785798
>>
>>60789910
>it's not strawberry jam 2.0
why do you want them to repeat an album?
they always change their style, it makes it more interesting and fun to listen to
>>
>>60785389
go on the website, its got this cool album art thing thats fun to mess around with. cant wait for the album!
>>
>>60789952
>likes Boys Latin
>must be from Reddit
>>
4th track seems really lame
im not sure how i feel about it
i usually dont like anco stuff at the first listen tho
there is some cool stuff but i think i miss the reverb
>>
better than Hz
still worse than everything else lol
>>
>>60785389
needs more screeching and yelps and i know they said part of the sound is a reaction against reverb but imo needs more reverb
>>
the track thats just at the middle is best track 2bh
>>
LEAK FUCKING WHEN
WASNT DEAK SUPPOSED TO LEAK IT?
>>
>>60787569
this yes
>>
Jesus, they got enough syncopated vocals on this thing? I wanted to resist listening to the snippets to save myself but this is pretty disappointing, loved Floridada but the rest is very one-note, much like PbvsGR.

There will probably be a few fun songs on here but it seems ultimately forgettable and unmemorable like CHz. I think their creative juices are running on empty, now they find one idea and run with it for 40 minutes on albums.
>>
>>60790442
you literally heard like 10 seconds from each track dumbass
>>
>>60785389
definitely a panda album
>>
>>60785872
they wil never top spirit
no one ever will
avey lost his singing voice
>>
>>60789684
>>60789910

>>60790630
>>
8.2 p4k calling it
>>
>>60787569
even if you don't like centipede hz you can't deny it doesn't have a pretty different sound than their other albums
>>
>>60790682
duh
>>
>>60790682
Good.

Panda is an angel and the only thing that makes me remotely proud of being a Baltimorean.
>>
2CHz4me
>>
>>60791559
tsk tsk tsk

9.2 BNM
>>
haven't released squat since Person Pitch

their live shows are always cool though, regardless of the turnout i'll catch them on tour
>>
Is it me or this album more beat-centric? Not really feeling the psychedelic aspects as much (not saying it's a bad thing)
>>
>>60790630
Its actually 30 secs from each track and we heard at least a verse of chorus from each song.

Hearing only 30 seconds doesn't change the fact that there's syncopated vocals on almost every track and the same-ish synth timbres on all the tracks also. Why does everyone have to brainwash themselves into this being AOTY already, you guys are probably better off having lower expectations going into it anyway. I'm still gonna look forward to this but I don't expect to be enthralled like on previous shit.
>>
Some of it reminds me of Jenny Death where there are way more lyrics jammed into it than really is necessary.

Some of it's pretty cool, some of it is a little iffy for me
>>
it's gonna be beautiful
>>
sounds fucking amazing tbqh familia
>>
leak when
>>
I don't mind it being pretty poppy, it's cute. I'd personally like to hear somethin like HCTI or Feels tho
>>
I don't mind it being pretty poppy, it's cute. I'd personally like to hear somethin like HCTI or Feels tho.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.