[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fucking fantastic album. Kevin Barnes is a genius. I'm hearing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: ofmontreal_cherrypeel.jpg (88 KB, 608x609) Image search: [Google]
ofmontreal_cherrypeel.jpg
88 KB, 608x609
Fucking fantastic album. Kevin Barnes is a genius. I'm hearing a bit of a NMH influence in there but it might just be me.

What does /mu/ think?
>>
pretty gay
>>
>>60783770
What? NMH and oM are both elephant 6 bands.
>>
>>60783770
>I'm hearing a bit of a NMH influence
How so?
>>
>>60783837
I just feel it bro
>>60783835
wow cool
>>
WHEN YOU COME AROUND
>>
>>60783856
Yes but how?
>>
>>60783871
It takes a special kind of ears :^)
>>
>>60783965
You don't seem to have them because you aren't able to explain it.
>>
>>60783965
>>60783856
I mean it just seems a silly assertion. Of course there's influence.
>>
>>60783983
Just fucking accept the mystery OKAY you piece of shit sorry for yelling
>>
>>60784002
>let's discuss music
>but lets not
Make up your mind.
>>
>>60784083
I'm trying to create an atmosphere of wisdom and wonder and you just want me to give it all away so pls just stop
>>
>>60784133
>I'm trying to create an atmosphere of wisdom
You failed since you though oM was influenced by NMH
>>
>>60783770
yeah it's a great album but gets tired sort of quickly. I prefer sex-crazy Kevin Barnes on Skeletal Lamping and HFAYTD to qt Kevin Barnes.
I wouldn't say there's NMH influence so much as both of the bands were influenced by the lo-fi pop movement in the 90's. Both Kevin and Jeff (and most e6 bands) really liked the sound of tape recordings and 4-tracks so a lot of early e6 stuff has a similar vibe and quality.
>>
>>60784180
i think you just want to have an excuse to bully me
>>
>>60783770
i wish you were a girl op
>>
>>60784211
It's literally not my fault you are an idiot and flaunted your idiocy.
>>
>>60784275
im just stop pls im too overemotional right now

im crying in the library computer and everyone is staring at me
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.