[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>TFW you've abused so many psychedelics that artists
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5
File: 171421358.jpg (135 KB, 367x347) Image search: [Google]
171421358.jpg
135 KB, 367x347
>TFW you've abused so many psychedelics that artists from almost every genre suddenly "click"

Holy fuck, this is amazing. Being a degenerate definitely has its benefits.

How did you become true patricians, /mu/?
>>
without the help of foreign chemicals you pleb
>>
>>60780253
it has nothing to do with drugs
you just have a musical background more in depth than before
>>
>>60780253
it aint patrician if your brain is fried and doesn't have to work
>>
>>60780253
>dude lmao I fried my brain so much that I enjoy anything now
so patrician
>>
>took acid every other day in highschool
>jammed out with my friends in a garage
>would spend an upwards of 12 hours with a synth two guitars and a drum
>we thought we were making legitimately mindblowing music
>we thought we were creating something original and unique
>a few years later, listen to it again
>it's just a fucking doors ripoff

acid is great but nothing you learn from it makes sense unless you're on acid.
>>
>>60780276

Maybe. Honestly, I really can't tell how much the drugs had to do with this, but before using them I was a hell of a lot more close-minded when it came to music.
>>
>drugs help you enjoy music
This meme is getting old.

>enjoying music from every genre is patrician

>drug use makes you a degenerate

>"true patricians" on /mu/
>>
>>60780336

>drugs help you enjoy music

this isn't a meme though it's a fact.
>>
>>60780336

Literally everything is a meme if you really think about it, tbqhwy.
>>
>>60780344
anyone who denies this is a boring straight edger who's afraid of drugs
>>
>>60780253
as someone who loves doing drugs and listening to music, you're a faggot op. you shouldn't rely on drugs to enjoy music. that just means you're too plebeian to enjoy it sober
>>
>>60780352
but those memes are getting old in particular
>>
>>60780366
Shut the fuck up retard. He never said he needs drugs to enjoy music. He said that psychedelics destroyed his preconceptions of music and allowed him to experience music without any kind of filter or prejudices.

>as someone who loves doing drugs
Shut the fuck up. You've clearly never done psychedelics if you couldn't even interpret his post properly.
>>
>>60780344
If you really need drugs to enjoy music, something is wrong with you.
>>
>>60780366

That's just the thing, though. I can enjoy almost anything while sober now, whereas I couldn't get certain types of music before. The drugs've had a lasting effect.
>>
>>60780391
are u mad lol?

what OP said was:
>TFW you've abused so many psychedelics that artists from almost every genre suddenly "click"

This obviously means they didn't click before. This obviously means he said he needs drugs to make certain music click.
>>
>>60780399
No one in this thread said they need drugs to enjoy music you sheltered faggot whitey.
>>
>>60780399

i'm not saying you need drugs to enjoy music you fucking dip

i'm saying that drugs will objectively make music sound better. it's a common effect of most recreational drugs. to deny this is just telling me you've never really done any drugs or thought critically while under the influence of a drug.
>>
>>60780419
move along boy
>>
>>60780399
>HELP
most important word here, as people have said before drugs don't LET you enjoy music it merely takes down preconceptions and allow you to approach the music at hand with many different states of mind that might not have been obvious before

you never NEED drugs for anything, they can be a great tool though
>>
>it's an argue about drug use thread

one of the worst memes on this board
drugs enhance music you like.
this is fact. shut up.
>>
>>60780253
I don't think that's how psychedelics work, bro. You're just dumber than before.
>>
>>60780418
The "click" is a once off thing. If you had a clue of about psychedelics, you'd know they have an effect long after they've been taken. Just like how people who report not fearing death after psychedelics still maintain their fearlessness even while they're not high. Can't believe I'm actually explaining this. You must be like 15 years old.
>>
>>60780391
you're legitimately dumb
>>
File: 1423405303881.jpg (30 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1423405303881.jpg
30 KB, 1280x720
>dial back on weed use
>smoking is now fun again
>music sounds better again
>>
File: Nietzsche187a.jpg (632 KB, 1464x1986) Image search: [Google]
Nietzsche187a.jpg
632 KB, 1464x1986
>>60780253
EXTREME NIHILISM
>>
>>60780520

>dial back on weed use
>now just really high and paranoid
>cant enjoy anything
>>
>>60780477
god damn no wonder psychedelic drug users have such a bad rep. you're acting like a complete asshole for literally no reason. also i can't believe that you're taking everything you heard from terrence mckenna videos on youtube for fact. i bet you're searching for enlightenment. take your pseudoscience back to the youtube comments page
>>
>>60780399
Reading comprehension level: 0
>>
>>60780626
>you're acting like a complete asshole for literally no reason
It's cos you're pretty ignorant, dude. Regurgitating DARE-tier shit on an 18+ website, and on a board dedicated to music of all things.
>>
>>60780698
dude. look at what you're trying to say. there is no proof that taking psychedelic drugs will suddenly cause a paradigm shift that will allow you enjoy all music. i've done acid and shrooms plenty of times with no such effect. you're just spouting grade a new age bullshit with no legitimate source and you're calling me ignorant. at this point i don't even think it's worth arguing with you
>>
>>60780779
>there is no proof that taking psychedelic drugs will suddenly cause a paradigm shift that will allow you enjoy all music.
So OP is lying then?

>i've done acid and shrooms plenty of times with no such effect.
It's almost as if different people react differently to it. Way to set your own personal experience as the be all end all of psychedelic experiences.
>>
>>60780839

>drugs will make this specific thing happen to you
>everyone reacts to drugs differently
you're actually retarded.

also if the only thing that you're trying to argue is that it's possible that one anonymous anon on 4chan had an experience like this then i agree with you. but that's a completely different argument than what you implied so condescendingly in your original post>>60780477
>>
>>60780943
I never said everyone experiences the same thing. That's what you were trying to say.
>>
>Smoke weed
>Music sounds exactly the same
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>60781024
where did i say that? all i've been trying to say this entire time is that you have no legitimate way of proving that this phenomenon happens. you've been acting condescendingly this entire thread, as if you have some kind of knowledge that none of us do, but when asked to prove it, you couldn't say jack shit. just get of your damn high horse. that's all i've been trying to say
>>
>>60780321
Post music
>>
>>60780399
Waste of dubs.
>>
DUDE
>>
>>60783910
LSD
>>
>>60783945
LMAO
>>
>be an opioid addict
>music feels boring, dull, doesnt hit me emotionally anymore

any music for this feel?
>>
>>60784046
Detox by Dre
>>
>>60784106
True :(
>>
>>60784046
Alice in Chains
>>
>>60780253
yep, acid is the key to "getting" music

not because of the specific qualities of the trip but because while tripping, you often approach stimuli and concepts from alternative directions of thought, and so get much broader perspectives on music.

I remember listening to Here Comes the Indian on my speakers while tripping SERIOUS balls on my first double tab trip alone in my room, and my relationship to music really changed. It was much later when I started reading John Cage that I actually learned words to describe the things that I learned on that trip. About the balance between sound and silence, time and a frozen point, sound over time, sound heard versus sound not heard. etc
>>
File: Merzbow.jpg (47 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
Merzbow.jpg
47 KB, 350x350
>Force myself to listen to harsh noise
>Start to like it
>After some time everything "clicks" with me
>>
>>60780467
chiillllll

if he trips, he trips
if hes just saying he does, he doesnt lol who the fuck cares

and like a few other people said, drugs have different effects on different people, especially psychs, there's no need to get mad about it
>>
>>60785104
>>60780467
oops my bad, meant to respond to this >>60780477
>>
>>60784364
the second time i tripped i couldnt figure out how to use my tv so i laid in bed listening to music

wisest choice i made that night :)
>>
>>60780839

>I expect there to somehow be proof of a shift in subjective experience under the effect of substances that have been off-limits to research for decades.
>I haven't bothered to look at all the studies on psilocybin mushrooms that confirm what op is saying, which are all the evidence we have either way.
>other people are dumb for not sharing my demonstrably ignorant prejudices
>I literally have never paid the slightest attention to how overwhelmingly musicians use drugs to help their creative process since at least the 1920's
>>
>>60784993

Shit, same here. Not listening to anything is kinda boring like drinking water; harsh noise,however, has "flavour" to it. If that makes any sense.
>>
>>60785256

Quoted wrong anon, but y'all know what side I'm on here.
>>
>>60783957
stale meme
>>
>>60782544
DUBS REDEEMED
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.