[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
whats the hardest instrument to learn?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 6
File: 1449145329661.png (57 KB, 777x666) Image search: [Google]
1449145329661.png
57 KB, 777x666
whats the hardest instrument to learn?
>>
viola or bass
>>
oboe or bassoon. I would say cor d'anglais, but it's the oboe with an easier embouchure
>>
>>60775797
ukulele
hardest part is telling your parents you're gay
>>
>>60775838
Not if your parents are dead
>>
File: eminem4.jpg (27 KB, 660x379) Image search: [Google]
eminem4.jpg
27 KB, 660x379
>>60775865
damn...
>>
>>60775838
uke is cool man. I have a dream to write songs that don't use it in a cutesy commercial indie way and instead use it as a dream like instrument bc it's so fucking strangely tuned and you can get some sweet drones out of it.

oh well.
>>
>>60775797
to learn probably some double reed shit
to master, any form of synthesis (particularly fm synthesis)
>>
>>60775881
uke is also the japanese word for gay sub so there's that
>>
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 754x653) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 754x653
>>60775797
The Clarinet
>>
Probably the sitar
>>
>>60775797
Theremin and how to properly manipulate tape loops.
>>
Accordion or sax. Learning and mastering are two different things, though
>>
Hardest instrument by far is the Uilleann pipes. I just cannot comprehend how unbelievably difficult they must be to play.
I think the most difficult common instrument is the french horn since it is so easy to slip notes and just generally fuck up.
>>
>>60776717
how do u tape loop?
like how do I do it?
>>
>>60775833
but so much of the tone for those instruments is just how good of a reed youre using. the best oboe players ive known spent more time making reeds than practicing
>>
>>60776736
underrated post
>>
>>60777294
scissor and tapes
>>
>>60775918
underrated post

piano is hard to learn for me for some reason
>>
>>60775797
Kazoo
>>
>>60775797
>whats the hardest instrument to learn?
Double Reed Slide Trumpet
>>
>>60777478
Not that guy but I've always wondered too. How do you put them back together?
>>
>>60777478
and a reel to reel recorder ofc
but it´s just too messy, better to use a sampler
>>
the poop flute
>>
the skin flute
>>
File: refurb-macbookpro-15in-mtnlion.jpg (337 KB, 1840x1062) Image search: [Google]
refurb-macbookpro-15in-mtnlion.jpg
337 KB, 1840x1062
>>
>>60777499
scotch tape
>>
>>60776736
m'fedora
>>
>>60776736
electroencephalogram waves turned into sound just by assuming they waves you are getting are sound ones, sounds like shit, but yes its the hadest problably to learn
>>
>>60775797
indian tabla
>>
>>60775797
Electric guitar is the easiest instrument to play and master
and also the hardest instrument to play and master

>WTF?????
The answer to your question ("WTF????") is:
Electric Guitar
>>
>>60777519
Oh I guess that's why they call it tape music
>>
>>60777558
lolno
>>
>>60777570
>lolno
What?
>>
>>60777558
THIS
electric guitar is the meme instrument

To people that visit /tg/ its the d&d of musical instruments
>>
Synthesizer
>>
>>60775797
Butthurt bassist detected.

>>60775833
oboe is the hardest hands down
>>
i swear to god if i didn't see people play guitar with my own eyes i wouldn't believe it could be done
>>
Well in my experience people are always down to learn guitar if I can yeah then anything, but I've only ever met one person who even wanted to let me teach them something on my drum set. It seems like people just THINK that playing the drums is really hard
>>
>>60775797
diamond is the hardest instrument t︂b︂︂h f︂︂a︂m
>>
probably an erhu or something
>>
>>60777558
It's easy, but also a funny-ass instrument to play desu senpai.
>>
File: wild child.gif (308 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
wild child.gif
308 KB, 500x500
>>60775833
only good answer so far
niggas have died b4 playin the oboe
>>60777278
f horn aint that hard, its jsut that bad/out shined trumpet players usually switch to it
>>
>>60775797
No instrument is hard, it's just practise.

People who say learning an instrument is hard as the ones that gave up within a few days because they didn't get good instantly and didn't practise.
>>
>>60778644
that's why it's hard you enormous cock. putting a lot of time into something you'll suck at for a while is hard, that's why people say it's hard.
>>
File: 4636.png (122 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
4636.png
122 KB, 720x720
If you can already play music the accordion is really tough because the timing on working the bellows goes against all of your musical instincts. This is why accordion is usually taught at an early age and it's rare for a really skilled accordion player to play anything else other than piano.

As far as most difficult instrument to play with a high level of skill, probably the harp.
>>
Obviously fucking Organ.
>>
>>60775797
Putting my vote in for the piano. I wouldn't call it "beginner-friendly".

Also OP, yes guitar is easy to learn, but it's nearly impossible to master. I've been playing for almost 10 years and still find myself finding new and incredible playstyles.

I mean look at this shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV6ZTZe3MI0
>>
MOTHERFUCKING FRENCH HORN

thing has valves and its still fucking impossible to get the notes you want out of it

and then dont even mention the solo rep
>>
>>60778763
albini is better imho
>>
>>60778763
True. Anyone can learn basic chords and basic scales on a guitar, but the skill ceiling is continually raised and new styles are invented, so complete mastery is nearly impossible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbndgwfG22k
>>
>>60777558
Every man and his dog claims he plays guitar but 95% of them are shit.
>>
>>60778755
i didnt even know harps had pedals
>>
>>60775797
A bag pip that uses your own stomach.
>>
>>60775918
Mastering synthesis is not as difficult as becoming a classically trained musician.

-synthmaster
>>
>>60778849
>Anyone can learn basic chords and basic scales on a guitar,
However most people couldn't even play a simple lullaby on a Theremin.
>>
>>60775918
fm synthesis is crazy m8
>>
I'm debating learning guitar, bass, or piano. Which one should i choose?
>>
>>60778874
yeah, there's a difference between being able bang out 'under the bridge' and being able to play guitar.

>>60779718
You could teach urself to be fairly proficient at guitar if you do boring shit like scales.
>>
>>60779718
I play guitar but I've heard piano's a pretty good base to start from if you want to learn theory.

Just choose whatever is most used in the music you like, no point teaching yourself piano if you want to make stoner rock.
>>
>>60779862
did you teach yourself
>>
>>60779862

This. I love playing folk music and acoustic indie and music of that nature so I've learned chords and riffs on guitar. I like dabbling on different instruments so I can peck on a piano and keep a beat on drums but they're not too relevant to what I like to play so I don't pour myself into them
>>
>>60776638
This and Tabla
>>
life
>>
>>60779862
This implies that piano couldn't be used for something like stoner rock. Organs and other keyed instruments are a huge part of the sound of a large portion of rock groups, especially from the 60's to the 90's. The Hammond is iconic in developing a lot of different grooves. The clank and pop to the easy groan all the way out to the rattling grind; all these and more await.
I wouldn't box any instrument in or out of any genre. That's what's beautiful about really learning how to play an instrument. Manipulating the output until its what YOU want to hear. You're never locked in to any position with any instrument. Hell, Frank Zappa's bass clarinetist used to rip and wail like he was playing a tenor sax, but with a tone all his own. Just own what you're playing.
Alas, I digress. If you were to ask me, I would say that piano is the most visually stimulating therefore the easiest to learn, guitar is the most well formed scalularly. Both bass guitar and traditional have their quirks, so that's just musical preference.
As far as difficulty goes, maybe an instrument with a particular skill set that is only heavily related to that instrument, like didgeridoo, or theremin. I've not played them all, but the most difficult for me to learn (being a tuba player, I didn't have much trouble with didgeridoo, even though circular breathing is a bitch) was probably either bassoon, or french horn. That embouchure is a fucking nightmare.
>>
is the violin easy to play? or are you guys just neglecting it because its not as difficult as other instruments. it always struck as easy to learn hard to master, how true is that?
>>
>>60779718
I recommend the guitar. It's a great instrument to start with.

Very accessible, so you'll be able to play basic stuff that people recognize in a short time-span.

Despite being accessible, it has an unreachable skill ceiling, with new styles and techniques invented continuously. You'll never run dry of new things to learn.

It's incredibly versatile, and there are few limits to what kind of music you create with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY7GnAq6Znw
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.