[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does every hipster wannabe publication want to validate Justin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_1473.jpg (113 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1473.jpg
113 KB, 1136x640
Why does every hipster wannabe publication want to validate Justin Bieber now? Still waiting for my Made In The A.M. review pitchfork.
>>
[Citation Needed]
>>
>>60775651
Because succesfully injecting "poptimism" into the crowd of hipsters, independent music fans, call it whatever the fuck you want and make it look like a genuine trend was the most genius thing the industry did in recent years.
>>
>>60775740
huh? You're gonna have to break it down a little bit for me bud
>>
>>60775751
I'm drunk and not breaking down shit for you. Read that again and you'll see the light..
>>
>>60775740
Well I hope art in general can inject some optimism.

The remedy for collective depression is the restoration of hope.

And sure, things look bleak but a broad change of perspective could rejuvenate the culture on a broader scale.
And music and art as a whole is one of the most therapeutic mediums for this.
>>
>>60775782
Cool story, mainstream label shill.
>>
>>60775782
Well I hope you will inject some heroin into your eyeballs.
>>
>>60775751
hipsters pretend to like pop music to not seem pretentious and have ruined the entirety of music making it a mediocrity of top 40 pop music
>>
>>60775740

this, exactly
>>
>>60775814
i think the point is that justin beiber has a lot of capability to actully influence things. his followers are the dominant culture. if he was to do something expeimental but also popularly succefull and fully promoted he could change music. Its a top down approach to music influnce and granted us indie fans arent going to like it. but if it changes music for the better than thats what matters. imagine if justin released the equivalent of pet sounds or revolver on his next album. this time sure it was shit just like everything else he has done. But to some degree so were the beatles and the beach boys before they started doing drugs. i hope somebody gives him acid desu
>>
>>60775899
> us Indie senpaitachi

Go back to Reddit
>>
>>60775843
Hmmm, I think in the grand scheme of the music industry hipsters are the least concern, they wanna grab the plebs right? So have hipsters ever made a music style trendy enough to grab the plebs? Or was every music style hipster and eventually the plebs got a hold of it?
>>
File: beasts10.jpg (292 KB, 600x601) Image search: [Google]
beasts10.jpg
292 KB, 600x601
>>60775899
>us indie fans
>>
>>60775939
All things eventually become mainstream accepted. Why else is there shit like guides on how to be hipster online (listen to NEW bands like alt j and animal collective, etc)
>>
File: RIEwVPJ.jpg (415 KB, 2000x800) Image search: [Google]
RIEwVPJ.jpg
415 KB, 2000x800
>>60775651
I personally can't wait for hipsters and poptimists to embrace scene music
>>
>>60775937
>>60775957
i mean thats just what a feel like we are these days. i dont neccesarilly like it
>>
>>60775999
nice trips, and yeah they will at some point, i already nostalgize that era
>>
>>60775983
Interesting point. Because how I see it the major labels know that the casuals are where to make the most money. so to name a hipster genre like let's say vaporwave (not mainstream, not obscure), pop artists now don't utilise vaporwave but I bet if it catches on pitchfork will give that ecco jams mixtape a 10/10 for being avant garde in a "misinterpreted period"
>>
>>60775999
Looking at that picture made me feel sick
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.