[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GUITAR CRACK
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: 123.jpg (1 MB, 2184x2946) Image search: [Google]
123.jpg
1 MB, 2184x2946
Hey guys, a few years ago I bought a guitar, later I realized that there's a small scratch on the union between the body and neck. It hasn't expanded in all these years. Is it just painture or a real problem?
>>
>>60775162
>painture
I mean painting*
>>
>>60775162
>buying a through neck guitar

Why anon!? Why!? Get a fender. As for the crack, I would take it to an experienced guitar tech and get it checked out, there is almost always a way to fix things like that.
>>
>>60775176
not OP but through necks carry the tone better than bolt ons. also bolt on necks tend to cause cracks on the body itself where it is screwed.
>>
File: 1234.jpg (1 MB, 2184x2946) Image search: [Google]
1234.jpg
1 MB, 2184x2946
Here you have another pic.

>>60775204
>through necks carry the tone better than bolt ons
Also this.
>>
>>60775250
> le through necks carry le tone better.

Unless you're busting out a fucking Slash solo, it's barely noticeable. Gilmour used bolt ons and he sound and sustain is way better than guitarists who use through necks. It's a massive risk buying a through neck for a difference that is barely noticeable. Even shred guitarists like vai and van halen use bolt ons.
>>
File: 1436439548330.gif (3 MB, 330x249) Image search: [Google]
1436439548330.gif
3 MB, 330x249
Team bolt-on here.
>>
>>60775297
Cherry picked image, Gilmour uses a bolt on 95% of the time, and almost always performs live with a strat of some sort.
>>
>>60775305
I genuinely am team bolt-on though
>>
>>60775305
I own an SG copy with a bolt on neck if that means anything.

Also, a Jag that constantly surprises people with its sustain.
>>
>>60775162
If somebody is interested, the guitar is a Dean Hardtail Select (made in Korea)
>>
>>60775355
Sorry f a m.
>>
>>60775379
I have an american strat, through a dimarzio hotrail in the neck, kept the original strat pickup in the middle and put a dimarzio humber in the bridge, lowered the trem so it's almost flush with the body, but still floats a bit. It can do everything, even MBV and Swervedriver style shoegaze, I thought I'd have to get a jag, but it seems to be more a fashiom accessory for people who can't be bothered how to use a strat trem lightly and intricately.
>>
>>60775562
**put a dimarzio
>>
>>60775562
Yeah, though I absolutely love Jaguars they're definitely a symbol of "indie" legitimacy, which is irritating. I do the shoegaze thing sometimes but dislike the Fender offset with floating vibrato trope. Strats are more than capable shoegaze tools. I have reasons for preferring Jaguars that are just general guitar shit. I'm glad you realized you could get what you wanted done via tweaking and technique instead of buying a magical shoegaze machine.
>>
>>60775959
Thanks man, abd yeah, Jags are great guitars, I just don't understand people who say you absolutely need one to get that washy drunken shoegaze sound, almost any guitar with a trem can achieve the sound, I think it's just the simplicity of the jag trem that makes people think it's what you need, you basically cant bend out of pitch with it if it's set up right, but it can also be limiting, a bit of practice, adjustment and skill go a long way. I've also found strats to be more "fuller" sounding though and don't get washed out over other instruments playing live, I threw the dimarzio evo 2 humbucker in it, and it's so clear even when you throw effects on it, people might think the evo 2 is a "le ebin shredding meme pickup", but it's actually one of the best investments I've ever made. Indie musicians can be so fucking elitist when it comes to gear that they limit themselves immensity for the sake of giving off a certain image.
>>
test
>>
>>60776022
As someone who owns a strat and plays shoegazey stuff I think they have certain problems that are unique to strats.
>>
just looks like a finish crack
>>
>>60776804
So... not a problem?
>>
>>60776804
Looks deeper than that desu.
>>
>>60776775
Example? I've never had a problem, I can easily get the slight tremolo stuff on songs from Loveless to work on my strat.
>>
>>60776898
if it is just the finish, no. if it is deeper just take it to a tech and get it glued and it will be fine
>>
>>60775176
Fender is gay single coils are for pussies
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.