[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This album is just a joke right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: 12423235.jpg (166 KB, 1035x1035) Image search: [Google]
12423235.jpg
166 KB, 1035x1035
This album is just a joke right?
>>
pretty sure a large chunk of the lyrics are indeed meant to be funny
>>
It's part joke, part biting truthful lyrics. A modern masterpiece imo
>>
>>60766880
>>>r/indieheads
>>
>>60767372
?
>>
>>60767441

He's trying to be holier than thou by saying you have an opinion people on reddit have.

It's a typical crappy 4chan insult.

Have you seen FJM live? I caught him this February and it was an insanely good show.
>>
AGE-OLD GENDER ROLES, DEAD RELIGIONS, HOLOCAUSTS
>>
>>60767679
>the holocaust happened
lol. ok, FJM
>>
DUDE MARRIAGE LMAO
>>
File: ffd.jpg (16 KB, 400x449) Image search: [Google]
ffd.jpg
16 KB, 400x449
>>60767679
>Oh, and love is just an institution based on human frailty
>What's your paradise gotta do with Adam and Eve?

>Maybe love is just an economy based on resource scarcity
>But what I fail to see is what that's gotta do with you and me
best lines of the year imo
>>
>american "comedy"
>>
>>60767785
>australian """banter"""
>>
>>60767679
i can see why all the lol-so-artsy tumblr girls i know get off to this album so much.
>>
>>60767372
Indieheads is really just /mu/ lite
>>
>>60767483
I saw him in Central Park, Best show I've seen in awhile

my pic
>>
>>60767808
>muh tumblr boogeyman
Ebin :-DD
>>
>>60767866
just go back then fag
>>
>>60767882
Up your ass?
Okay then ;3c
>>
>>60767898
epic nice

lol dank meme haha sad frog dude xD
>>
>>60767927
Upboated!
>>
>>60767808
He literally makes fun of tumblr girls in the night josh tillman came to our apartment though
>>
Ok aside from the whole back to reddit shtick, this album is legitimate shit.
Yes there are funny lyrics and all but he still manages to crawl up his own asshole with self awareness (i suppose an impressive feat).
The instrumentation is so fucking one paced and dull that it seems he just "turned on" the instruments and they did what they were supposed to. A few songs are fun and just that,. Literally holds no water outside of playing in a car with friends.
If i wanted this sort of shit filling my ears and being proclaimed as some sort of masterpiece i would move to Seattle to subscribe to the stranger.
Or hell, maybe i am being just as ironic as Father John Misty and i loved the album?
Anyone can pull this sort of shit off and the praise it is getting is pathetic
>>
>>60770861
New pasta?
New pasta
>>
>>60766437
it depends what you mean by a joke. an intentionally funny or satirical piece? no. something that no one takes seriously and causes most to laugh?
>>
>>60770887
Yeah I would like if this got spammed on every Father John Misty thread
>>
>>60770861
I found it to be a very honest album about love that I could relate to, so I liked it. I don't think it's a masterpiece, "important," or anything like that, but I enjoyed it a lot.

He's definitely a hipster tool though. That's the main reason I slept on the album for two months.
>>
>why can't we talk with the face
>modern masterpiece
>>
>>60770861
>Yes there are funny lyrics and all but he still manages to crawl up his own asshole with self awareness (i suppose an impressive feat).
That's not really a real argument. I guess if you don't like his self-referential humor, (You can't have an album with the phrase "Honeybear" in the title with 70s country pop throwbacks without it) then it's one thing. The "pretentious" argument can be made for literally any musician.

>The instrumentation is so fucking one paced and dull that it seems he just "turned on" the instruments and they did what they were supposed to.
What does that last part even mean? And the only way it could seem one-paced is if you listened to it once while browsing the internet and just absent-mindedly listened.

The rest of your pasta-worthy rant is just shitty half-assed complaints. I don't usually defend ILYHB, because I totally get why some people don't like it/hate it. It's cheesy as hell and the country thing isn't everybody's thing. But your post is just cancerous as fuck, and your little "It's not Reddit-tier, but it's Reddit-tier" disclaimer goes to prove that.
>>
>>60771023
>implying True Affection isn't the ultimate post-modern track by sounding so inauthentic compared to the rest of the album's natural sound that its message is made even clearer
>>
>>60771084
What part of the arrangements or instrumentation stood out to you? because for me it was dull to the point of having a hard time imaging a human playing any of that shit and taking it seriously.. Hey maybe it was meant to fit Josh Tillman's irony? like the instruments also aren't supposed to be taken seriously?
If Starkeks didn't stop selling albums this would be a total stocking stuffer for this holiday season.. I guess we can suffice with Urban Outfitter supplying us with quality music for our Crosleys :^)
>>
>>60767848
it's bizarro /mu/ that has a constant hard on for FJM
>>
>>60771251
>multiple ellipses
>kek
>:^)
I shouldn't even respond to your shitty buzzword argument, but here's your (You).

>What part of the arrangements or instrumentation stood out to you?
The drums and violins that open the title track, mariachi trumpets on Chateau Lobby, the use of electronic juxtaposition in True Affection, the frantic desperation on Ideal Husband followed by the contrasting Bored in the USA, rise sorry of things.

>Hey maybe it was meant to fit Josh Tillman's irony? like the instruments also aren't supposed to be taken seriously?
Hey, you're not a total idiot after all. Why on earth would somebody in 2015 release an album of country pop throwbacks if they weren't going to give a knowing wink to the audience? Releasing country-pop sappy love songs is one thing, putting it out there with more realistic ideas of love (kinky sex, jealousy, one-night stands, texting over talking, waning enthusiasm for the relationship, drugs, etc.) that add depth to the idea of what a love song should be is another.

Is that good, memester?
>>
>>60771134
I laughed
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.