[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If they had stuck with this style do you think die antwoord would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: 382full-yolandi-visser.jpg (30 KB, 382x550) Image search: [Google]
382full-yolandi-visser.jpg
30 KB, 382x550
If they had stuck with this style do you think die antwoord would have gone anywhere?
>>
File: CS1621042-02A-BIG.jpg (60 KB, 700x697) Image search: [Google]
CS1621042-02A-BIG.jpg
60 KB, 700x697
>>60764892
Well it got them their original popularity and then they got to mutate to play on the gangster rap aspect and had way more of a worldwide popularity scope to filter themselves through.

I'm still pissed that this stuff wasn't what got them through though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1IU46Pc4lY
>>
>>60764995
Well that album released only in south africa and was competing with eminem at the peak of his popularity though i think if they had made some nice videos out of y front and possibly infinate kif that would have blown up
>>
>>60765064
yeah, their popularity was only really available once the internet and social media could connect them with the rest of the world and exploit the shit out of people's lack of historical knowledge about them.

Just going to throw my undying love for the constructus corporation as well, that album is fucking gorgeous.
>>
>>60764892
no
even now they only play at fucking edm shows
it was funny when they insulted everyone at ultra with the 5min intro of just the word FAGGOT
ppl got pissed
>>
>>60765148
Yes its a brilliant album and i can always hope for a sequel that will probably never come unfortunately most SA labels would not touch it since the first basically killed the label it was with and ill be fucked if interscope comes near it
>>
>>60765179
They have their own concerts
>>
>>60765196
Well they're running their own label at this point aren't they?

I think at this point I'm pretty keen to see what happens after die-antwoord, because even though I love the hell out of it, it's probably my least favourite project out of them.
>>
>>60765244
If you want to hear the sad truth i thunk die antwoord will be given at least one more album than the original 5 that was planned and then who knows how waddy will reinvent himself maybe they will both even go solo
>>
>>60765321
Actually another thing that might happen is a project that involves sixteen along with them she will be at least 13 by that time though i hope they give her a choice
>>
>>60765321

It's probably not going to happen given the nature of their stuff, but I'd love them to get one proper solid hit, given the scope that they're going for.

>>60765392

I dunno, I'm not sure I see them as toddlers and tiaras parents.
>>
File: tumblr_nlbw7aN7DO1ssasngo1_540.jpg (99 KB, 540x532) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nlbw7aN7DO1ssasngo1_540.jpg
99 KB, 540x532
>>60765534
From what i have seen sixteen is a little ham though so she would probably jump at the chance to perform on stage with her parents
>>
>>60765586
and given her heritage she'd probably be pretty damn well suited for it. I just meant that I couldn't see the two being particularly forceful with her life path, especially when it's perfectly reasonable to think that she'll organically realise it.
>>
>>60765686
I do,t think they would no and she is a lucky ass kid having them as parents i wonder if she has and dassie toys
>>
I just want to fuck Yolandi
>>
Ziggurat is amazing. I don't even listen hip-hop, but that album is just... fucking hell
>>
>>60765931
Lots of people do but she doesnt just fuck anyone part of her character has always been look dont touch
>>
>>60766024
I've fucked a few yo-landi's.

Sex is great, horrible to deal with on any other level though.

But the die antwoord characters are supposed to be reprehensible fuckheads, so that's not too surpising.
>>
>>60766112
There isnt really many out there just like yolandi though she is tart but at the same time sweet and well anri du toit is from what i have heard is just the biggest sweetheart you could ever meet
>>
Anri and Watkin to top the shit out of Kanye when
>>
>>60766263
As far as talent they did it a very long time ago

Now in charts when people realize kak like kanye and drake isnt even rap in the first place but just shitty r and b
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.