[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't understand, /mu/. I've seen people call this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: arctic[1].jpg (44 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
arctic[1].jpg
44 KB, 1024x1024
I don't understand, /mu/. I've seen people call this the worst album of the year and absolute irredeemable trash. Sure, maybe it's not great, maybe it's lackluster and I'm not trying to purport it to be anything else, but R U Mine is great and the rest of the album is ho hum but WAOTY?
>>
>>60764188
it's sell-out garbage
arctic monkeys haven't had anything meaningful to say for 2 albums now.
>>
>>60765456
thiiiiiis

its really obvious they were making this type of sound because thats what sells. the lyrics are absolute trash compared to what we know turner is capable of , each song sounds exactly the same, and i dont know about yall, but when i hear my friend go "hey i started listening to the monkeys i love AM!" my heart hurts a little
>>
>>60764188
They hate it because it's popular, this board is full of faggots who think they're better than you based off music taste. What do you expect? Sure, this album doesn't bring anything to the table. But it's not garbage. Arabella's a great song.
>>
>>60767152
All of their albums are shit though
>>
Attic Munkehs advocate here. I've always loved them until this bullcum. They released it. Sold themselves, became teenager shit-tier, died from coke overdose on stage. I had not been so pissed before hearing they had released this shit. However their older style can be found here and there with Fireside and
One for the Road. Probably the only good songs on the LP. Oh and this is the longest they have taken between two albums. FUCK AM. Come to think this is bait.
>>
>>60767152
>Arabella is a great song
>this album is only disliked because its popular
totally not because its uninventive, boring, emotionless, and has nothing meaningful to say. not that a project has to have something meaningful to say but this has just no redeeming qualities

generic indie drivel to be honest famalam

go back to reddit you fucking faggot
>>
>>60767152
agree with this guy. I loved their early shit, really enjoyed AM (primarily because the riffs are ez to play) - re-checking it out right now and digging it again. Fuck /mu/, listen to what you enjoy.
>>
I can't think of this album without subsequently thinking of that cringe-inducing NME review. Hence, this album only makes me cringe.
>>
>>60767286
Arabella was an American-tier love song about
a petite trap. No one needed that or half the
dense fucking emotional shit on it. I love fire
and the thud and nothing will amount to that (relative to AM).
>>
>>60767152
I like a lot of entry-level, commercial stuff, this just isn't a great album.
>>
Everybody here hates this album because it's completely middle of the road and the NME fanboys adore it in a stupid level, but the songs don't sound the same.
Arabella is completely cringe and has bad production for a band of this level.
AM is not that bad, and Suck It And See was decent, but if the next album is shit like this i won't care anymore, and it'll be something similar, because Turner got his pockets full of money with this shit.
Also, the lyrics are starting to get boring, i got it Turner, you like women, BUT I WANT SONGS ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE BUDDY, STOP IT, I DON'T CARE IF THE OTHER OPTIONS ARE SONGS ABOUT BUILDINGS AND FOOD, I PREFER THAT.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.