[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /mu/, Any of yall know anything about drum pads/machines?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 51LdD0YyWjL.jpg (55 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
51LdD0YyWjL.jpg
55 KB, 500x500
Hey /mu/,

Any of yall know anything about drum pads/machines?

Whats a good one for more organic stuff? I mean not EDM or primarily electronic music.

Are these a good option for bedroom musicians?
>>
>>60760628
I bought mine like, 4 years ago. I love it. People will bitch about the stiff pads but they've never been a problem.

With Live and the MPD you can do so much. The ratio of pads - knobs and faders is solid. I'd recommend it.
>>
>>60760800

So, you rec pic related? That's cool. Does it sound alright when mixed with actual instruments?
>>
>>60760800
I have the MPD26, but if I turn the knobs they let the ableton value start from 0?
>>
>>60760894
Well, since it's a MIDI controller there's no sound coming from the MPD itself - you would need a laptop or something for the notes to be played.

>>60760900
Say what? Have you mapped the knobs to the effect?
>>
>>60760900
you need to go into ableton midi preferences and put pickup scaling for midi and it wont change until the hardware parameter matches the software

if you don't whenever you change the knob it jumps to wherever the knob is regardless of your softwares setting
>>
You can't go wrong with a classic 808 or 909
>>
>>60760981
>you need to go into ableton midi preferences and put pickup scaling for midi and it wont change until the hardware parameter matches the software
yeah I figured that out like 1month ago, but still it's not ideal, since

>if you don't whenever you change the knob it jumps to wherever the knob is regardless of your softwares setting
since the knob isnt actually fixed but has endless rotation... so I eard I could use some black magic to let it """modulate""" what value it's already on Live, but I didnt manage to get it working
>>
Leave your bedroom and join a band you loser lmao
>>
>>60761096
I don't have any experience with endless turning knobs myself

but I agree with you the midi knob options kind of suck because its a hassel either way
>>
Big Black used one and they were amazing
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.