[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Moonjock >Applesauce >Wide Eyed >New Town Burnout
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2
File: animal-centip_04.jpg (482 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
animal-centip_04.jpg
482 KB, 600x600
>Moonjock
>Applesauce
>Wide Eyed
>New Town Burnout
>Pulleys
>Amanita

How can anyone say this is a bad album?
>>
>>60760301
I think it's more to do with the cover or the name or something
>>
Forgetting today's supernatural and mercury man
>>
File: Centipede Hz (original).png (854 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
Centipede Hz (original).png
854 KB, 650x650
>>60760301
I don't get it either

The album cover gets alot of hate too. Personally, I think it's gorgeous.

The original though... yeesh
>>
>>60760323
>forgetting rosie oh
>forgetting father time
>forgetting monkey riches
>>
>>60760317

I'm down with the album name, but I think the album art is atrocious.
>>
>>60760301
>>Applesauce
legit shit track
>>
>>60760301
>Moonjock
>Pulleys
>Amanita
>>60760323
>mercury man

>good
>>
wide eyed is awful
>>
>>60760490
you're awful
>>
pulleys is bad
>>
>>60760523
you're bad
>>
>>60760511
:O
>>
>>60760537
true
>>
>>60760437
I get where you're coming from on that
>>
>>60760445

You kidding me? TS is a far inferior Avey track
>>
Quality post, OP. Although I'd add Mercury Man.

The problem is really just how bad Today's S and Monkey Riches are. They drag down the album considerably. Also, aside from NTB, Pulleys, and the ending of Amanita, the material just doesn't measure up to their past output, which puts the whole album in a bad light even if it has mostly good songs.
>>
>>60760301
While I like Moonjock, Wide Eyed, New Town Burnout and Amanita. I absolutely cannot stand Applesauce and don't get how people like it so much.

Pulleys is alright.
>>
yeah mercury is the only song that hasnt grown on me. applesauce was only good when i let go of preconceived notions of how non chalant artist were supposed to be.
>>
>>60760328
They're both pretty terrible to be honest. The older one is far worse though. One of the few covers I'd call a genuine 1/10. The newer version while bad is passable. Still sucks when I love their covers as a whole a ton.
>>
>>60760737
Today's Supernatural is literally the only track i like from that one
I should give it another try though, haven't listened to it for a long time
>>
7.4 was actually a pretty fair rating.
>>
>>60760301
Wide Eyed is a fucking terrible song, probably the worst thing that has ever been included on an AnCo album. Amanita is also overrated as fuck.

The rest are good though, especially Applesauce and New Town Burnout.
>>
I liked Wide Eyed
>>
WHEN I MAKE IT
>>
>>60761030
>Amanita is also overrated as fuck
Finally, someone agrees with me. It doesn't feel natural to imo - it's like they went "we need an ~epic~ closer!!!" so they made that track. Dunno, it's always rubbed me the wrong way.
>>
>>60761030
Why does no one like wide-eyed? IT drags on too long but the vocals are strong and everything about it is just fun and strong. Probably better than Pulleys.
>>
>>60760301
>>60760328
the artwork looks like a high school freshman's intro to graphic design final project
>>
>X track is bad/good/shit/ok/awful/terrible

really creative use of adjectives guys
super high level of discussion
>>
>>60761079
I think played live it's a lot better than it is on the actual album. I don't hate it (I actually do like it) but it's definitely the most over-rated track.
>>
>>60761342
Yeah I agree, it works much better live.

>>60761148
I've said this a few times, but I'm just really disappointed by Deak's vocal performance of Wide Eyed on the album. Played live with the band and solo he sang it with a lot more emotion and it really came alive, but he comes across as monotone on Hz. With the instrumental being so sparse and the lack of progression + 5 minute run time, it really need the dynamic of a strong vocal performance. I wonder why they chose that take.
>>
>>60760301
pulleys is shit, add today's supernatural and mercury man
>>
>>60760301
because they are actually retarded
>>
Why no one ever talks about Monkey Riches? Its my favorite track. Its so fun
>>
>>60761419
To discourage him from ever doing it again. They let him pretend he was in the band for so long, they had to throw the lil guy a bone leading a song. Now they don't have to have that convo w him anymore.
>>
>>60761419
My two cents: I saw AnCo when they were touring in support of this album and everyone around me was visibly frustrated when they were 5 or 6 songs in and nothing from MPP nor Strawberry Jam was played yet.

Out of probably around 10-12 songs, only Peacebone made it into the live show.

Can you guess which track the crowd enjoyed the most?
>>
>>60760301
Its too dense.

Pulleys is boring and applesauce is a bit too long.
>>
Moonjock is one of their best songs.
>>
>>60761500
lol, I know your joking, but if they executed that track better it could have really improved the album. With all the craziness going on, a reprieve in the form of a simple, straightforward, uncluttered song was a good idea, just not done right. I feel similarly about Rosie Oh.

>>60761536
Well, I suppose that's their modus operandi and I wouldn't mind all that much, but I can understand the frustration. My favorite parts from the CHz tour were def when they brought back older tracks (and did them REALLY well btw) like Cobwebs, Purple Bottle, I Think I Can, etc.
>>
It's decent. It's just not the MPP 2.0 many expected it to be.

Highlights:
Moonjock
Today's Supernatural
Rosie Oh
Applesauce

Lowlights:
Pulleys
Monkey Riches
Wide eyed (the KEXP acoustic version is fucking amazing though)

Rest is so-so.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.