[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Download 30GB of lost cassettes from the 80s underground
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: Desert.jpg (826 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Desert.jpg
826 KB, 1024x768
>If you’re looking for a good way to spend the rest of your week, Archive.org has unearthed a gigantic collection of cassettes from the mid-80 into the mid-90s.

>According to their notes, the 30GB collection was saved from the archives of noise-arch.net and donated by former CKLN-FM radio host Myke Dyer in August 2009. Due to its size and obscurity, the collection hasn’t been properly notated but is said to include cassettes ranging from “tape experimentation, industrial, avant-garde, indie, rock, DIY, subvertainment and auto-hypnotic materials”.

http://www.factmag.com/2015/11/30/download-30-gigs-80s-cassette-underground/

Your welcome
>>
bump
Not surprised neo-/mu/ doesn't care about pre internet D.I.Y. music spanning all genres being digitalized for the first time
>>
>>60759755
this seems fresh
>>
>>60759755
>tfw all lights fucked up on a hairy amp drooling

WTF
>>
What kind of stuff have you guys heard so far on it? I'm downloading it when I head to the library in a little bit.
>>
>>60761011
I want to believe.
>>
Who gives a shit!
>>
>>60761011
>tfw reddit scared away the only person who had a copy

it's probably shit but the snippet that was release was actually pretty cool, fuck
>>
torrent when?
because I don't want to download 30gbs casue i don't trust my connection
>>
https://rateyourmusic.com/list/epizootics/noise_arch_tapes

Here's a list of all the albums on here, this should help when you're tagging.

>>60761672
https://archive.org/details/noise-arch-archive-201110 there already is one family
>>
>>60761015
I've only heard maybe 5 albums on here so far, but I found some cool stuff. There's a really cool rip of a Radio Marabu show on there.
>>
>>60761808
and they put an archive file on torrent well fucking done
>>
>>60759755
I tried it. It killed my bittorrent. Possible virus?
>>
>>60762187
> It killed my bittorrent.
what do you mean?
>>
>>60762316
I had to restart my computer, and bittorrent was damaged. Had to delete it.
>>
>>60762558
This after starting the download, I mean.
>>
>>60762591
right after it? meh, i already got 2% and its running oK ^^
>>
>>60762612
Hmm...Maybe my bad then.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.