[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Adele
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 214x317) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 214x317
I don't get it...

She's not a bad singer by any means, quite the contrary, but I've heard several people say that "her voice just is so powerful, and breaks you down."

I just hear it and think "meh, this is good I guess."

What is it that has the world worshipping her?

Shoulf I be feeling the same things as everyone else, or am I desensitized to emotion?
>>
YOUR EMOTIONS ARE A LIE THEY'RE ALL JUST CHEMICALS IN YOUR BRAIN
>>
>>60755111
>What is it that has the world worshipping her?

Her label's marketing budget.
>>
>>60755111
Her voice stands out when compared to other top 40 pop artists. If you listen to a wide variety of music, it won't sound as special.
>>
>>60755111
Her voice is easily recognizable. That's it.
>>
Her music is incredibly inoffensive, making it easy for anyone to relate to it.

Her voice is good enough for the critics to allow her on the acclaim wave.

Record label's decision to not put the album on stream allowed her to break records which was another reason why everyone started to care even more.
>>
because she looks like a mom who let herself go and doesn't have random rap verses like other pop stars and think her sad piano ballads = "le REAL music". fuck that fanbase.
>>
>>60755111
>but I've heard several people say that "her voice just is so powerful, and breaks you down."

Those are normies
>>
>>60755111
Because she is fat.
>>
>>60755201
guess that explains something for me then I guess

>>60755312
sorry I should have clarified, yes these are normies that I talk to in real life. From my experience it just seems that the general populace is incredibly infatuated and moved by her, and they start crying when they hear her songs, but I don't feel it. I just recognize it as a decent song that will be forgotten in a couple years.
>>
>>60755328
L O L
O
L
>>
She's trying to be a female Phil Collins
>>
>>60755177
>Her label's marketing budget.
If you push complete shit on people hard enough, they'll love it.
>>
>>60755762
Like Justin Bieber?
>>
>>60755328
Honestly, this is the reason. With 70 percent of the population being overweight/obese in the US and UK, fat people are becoming the norm. Fat women love Adele because she makes them believe that if a fat woman can become famous then it raises their sexual market value and they don't have to settle for a beta.
>>
>>60755111

fat people like her because she makes them believe they can amount to something too.
>>
>>60755777
>Like Justin Bieber?
He isn't loved for his music, but yes.
>>
>>60755823
Hello /r9k/
>>
No. She's a talented vocalist but her songwriting/subject matter deals with the least common denominator feelsy simplistic tripe. Essentially a romantic era vocalist that found her way to a major label contract.
>>
Her new album is relatively well received critically and plebs cling to anything accessible that passes off as 'quality art'
>>
>>60755201
This is the correct answer. Also if you listen to a lot of her music, it starts to sound the same.
>>
>>60755111
The people who think Adele is the best vocalist of all time are the same people who get Justin Bieber and Beyonce to the top of the charts. Don't expect them to be any real authority on music.
>>
>>60755111
Well the last 10 years will be remembered as the autotune decade. On contrast, Adele is an old school singer and can really deliver live so she outstands.
>>
>>60755111
Modern mainstream top 40 fans aren't used to singers with natural, somewhat powerful voices compared to all the plastic shit they grew up with
>>
>>60757364
autotune aint going nowhere anytime soon dude
>>
>>60757364
you realize autotune is usable live too, right? it's used quite frequently on live performances
>>
>>60755111
why do people worship this boy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaV1IxPRvaM&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>60757438
it has been replaced by more subtle and accurate vocal processing software
>>
>>60757438oh It's going here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaV1IxPRvaM&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>60757332
at least beyonce is super hot and has cool songs like 7/11
>>
>>60757461
I saw Adele live and I´m quite sure there was no software involved
>>
>>60757496
oh, yeah I meant autotune as an idea or concept, not necessarily the specific software
>>
>>60757507
she can sing and dance and used to be hot, pretty standard top 40 credentials
>>
She appeals to people everywhere that want to listen to good music but don't want to make the effort to look beyond the radio or HMV's front line. I think she is a talented vocalist that needs a decent lesson in songwriting and some guidance towards a more intricate sound that will push her beyond the top 40. Her music does seem to appeal to those that just want to see a normal person make it for once which is nice I guess but her music is bland in a different way because of this.
>>
>>60757519
how could you possibly know that?
>>
>>60757559
>used
>pic is 2014
>>
>>60757496
what are they using nowadays? melodyne is the only other one i'm aware of
>>
>>60757607
nigga yall gotta be real desperate to hit that
>>
>>60757952
you're a faggot
>>
>>60755111
it's literally because she's fat and ugly
>>
>>60755111
Are you me?
>>
>>60755823
autists who think smv explains literally everything are ruining the internet
>>
>>60759043
Quite possibly.
>>
>>60755762
>If you push complete shit on people hard enough, they'll love it.
Yep, I call this the Swans effect. No one actually likes that garbage unless they're tricked into it.
>>
>>60755111
She's obese, so Tumblr loves her.

/thread
>>
>>60757952
Son, you might be a gay. We'll still welcome you here if you're honest with everyone
>>
>>60759901
>muh tumblr boogeyman
also you can't thread yourself retard
>>
>>60756284
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>60755111
She has a great voice, it's just everything else that is really uninteresting
>>
>>60756284
[chuckles audibly]
>>
it's really her voice what makes her special, watch this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHXjxWaQs9o
>>
>>60755177
She's technically on an indie label.
>>
>>60761802
I saw this about a week ago. She is a good singer, but I don't understand how her songs moves people to tears. It's not like her songs are incredibly complex or artistic or anything, which makes me feel distant from her I guess
>>
>>60757332
Beyonce>>>>>Bieber>>>>>>>>>Your Favourite Artist>Adele
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.