[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Ween too funny to be taken seriously?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: mollusk.jpg (34 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
mollusk.jpg
34 KB, 400x400
Is Ween too funny to be taken seriously?
>>
>>60753746
do you have to take music seriously in ordee for it to be good?
>>
A CHILD WITHOUT AN EYE
>>
You are not supposed to take any popular music seriously.
>>
Ween are funny guys but not all of their songs are humorous. Does humor in music somehow devalue it, OP? I legit know a guy who thinks this way, he's an American Football and Death Grips fan.

Just because the themes aren't super srs doesn't mean you personally can't take the music seriously.
>>
>>60753761
>>60753918

Nah man I love Ween. I just wonder if they would have been a lot more popular and more critically acclaimed had they not used all those silly pitch effects and joke songs.
>>
>>60753918
>an american football fan who thinks humor devalues music

imagine being this miserable
>>
>>60753949
Personally, I think Ween could've rode on the waves of the indie trend if they wanted. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvOZwqMdR0I

That weirdness is what helped give them a devoted following, though. But they're the Lennon/McCartney of the 90's and I worship them so I'm not without bias here.
>>
>>60753949
But they are popular. They released 4 records on elektra and had loads of airtime on MTV and radio stations and we're even on a Tony Hawk game.

For every Fat Lenny and El Camino there's a Captain and an Even If You Dont.
>>
Music can be funny and be taken seriously at the same time.
>>
>>60753949
Ween were VERY popular during the 90s and early 00s. And the things you mention are one of the reasons they became so popular.

>>60753918
What has AF and DG to do with it?
>>
the mollusk isn't even funny tho
>>
GET OFF ME ASS
YA WEE BITTY FUCK
>>
There's not much humor in The Mollusk, and while it's my favorite album of Ween's, I don't think it's because of the lack of humor but because it manages the theme really well
>>
>>60754710
IF I PULL OUT THA CLAYMORE YER SHIT OUTTA LUCK
>>
>>60754746
My favorite is Quebec bc it can be so emotional at times, the production is great, and it does that sorta alt-country sound better than Wilco and Low
>>
>>60755034
WHOS THAT GURL
THAT PRETTY YUNG THENG
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.