[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what was the consensus on this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
So what was the consensus on this?
>>
>>60745467
Is there a DVD for it? Z2 was kinda shit
>>
>>60745467
Z1 amazing
Z2 Shit sadly
Royal Albert Hall was pretty good, the war princess kept making me cringe though.
>>
>>60745845
Yeah, the CDs comes with a DVD of it.

Yeah, Z2 was pretty disappointing, but the live performance of Bastard is worth it imo.
>>
Was so hyped for Z2, but listening to track after track i slowly died inside
>>
>>60745870
I get the feeling he's just coasting now, which is fair given the quality of his other work. Z1 and Epicloud were his last two decent efforts though I've not listened to Ki.
>>
>>60746111
His last decent efforts were Ghost and Deconstruction, with Epicloud being uninspired garbage. Ki and Addicted are ok.
Sadly we won't hear another ocean machine or terria.
>>
>>60746453
Deconstruction and Epicloud both rip-off a bunch of ideas but to me Epicloud was the one to do it well. I might have to go back to Ghost. Accelerated Evolution is on par with Terria for me.
>>
>>60746538
At first I thought Deconstruction was just too cheesy and pretentious, so I didn't like it much, but after a year or two I gave it another go and realized how fucking brilliant it is really. I just completely missed it the first time.

>Accelerated Evolution is on par with Terria
You got that right, I was just too lazy to type it first
>>
I just realized that Bastard is the first ocean-grunge track ever made
>>
So when you guys say Z2 do you mean the collective set including Sky Blue and Dark Matters or just Dark Matters?
>>
>>60747396
Mostly Dark Matters but Sky Blue wasn't too great either
>>
If we're talking recent devy then the only thing since the first four DTP albums worth listening to Casualties of Cool. It's absolutely fantastic and for me on par with ocean machine for quality.
I was really disappointed with the new ziltoid disk, sub par music, stupid narration, too much focus on the story and awful, just awful humor. The sky blue disk was pretty much just more addicted so that was cool.
>>
>>60745467
Where did the uniqueness and enjoyable musical qualities of Z1 go? Z1 was actually diverse and funny but Z2 was just a long, drawn-out, boring album with nothing but annoying clean vocals and djenty riffs.
>>
I love devin, I grew up with DTP and SYL but the qulity of his work plummeted after Addicted (ghost and deconstruction are nice but not comparable to his earlier works, everything else is le goofball)

Still, I'm glad the guy's making money, if this is the path he chose then I'm happy for him and I wish him luck
>>
i saw him do the prep show to this a few days before in bournemouth and it was pretty fucking great to watch
>>
>>60745467
>tfw Missed seeing him with Shining and Periphery

I hope he comes again
>>
>>60751594
also to add to that it was his first ever life performance of the death of music too which was pretty amazing
>>
>>60745467
Only Devin could make a cover like this and think it's a good idea
>>
I think this was fantastic, I didn't like the mixing on z2,and I feel like this just puts it in a better context, not to mention the fan request setlist. Playing Universal Flame was a great contrast to Death of Music to shoe just how he had advanced as an artist, mentally at least.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.