[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How important is emotion for you when listening to a track?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: the_greatest_of_feels.png (439 KB, 496x641) Image search: [Google]
the_greatest_of_feels.png
439 KB, 496x641
How important is emotion for you when listening to a track?

Music really intensifies my emotions, especially if I pick the correct accompanying tracks. Is this normal? Or am I thinking into it too much? Many times I find myself intensely concentrating on every piece of the music instead of just relaxing and enjoying.

I listened to some ambient drone a while ago and I felt fine before I listened to it, but once I heard it, I began to have very depressing and sad thoughts and wanted to cry.

When I listened to the song 'chrome country' by oneohtrix point never, I initially thought it was weird because of the off-key altered choir voices at times, and how the organ at the end is mixed quite loudly, but after a few more listens I realized the track was telling a story and every feeling I felt while listening was part of me experiencing the full range of emotion of the track. The discomfort, the comfort, the happiness, the depression, and the ecstasy. That range of emotion gave me an experience of fullness and completeness.

When I make tracks, I used to have an idea in mind but always ended up deviating intensely. I would almost always end up with something sad or melancholy and then realized that's probably 'my sound'. I'm thinking about starting to just make tracks that have their creation dictated by my emotions, and learning how to possibly make my own synths so I can really obtain the sound and feeling I want.

I want people to listen to the track and feel the absolute heartache or soul-crushing pain/agony/loneliness that I felt when making it. I want them to feel compelled to cry, laugh, or close their eyes and imagining their dream world where everything pure and good has reached its successful climax and extends for all eternity.

I want to use music to make other people feel what I feel so it isn't just a strictly private personal experience, but a collective, interpersonal relationship.

How does this make you feel? Do you feel with your ears as well?
>>
tl;dr
>>
File: thanks.jpg (4 KB, 287x176) Image search: [Google]
thanks.jpg
4 KB, 287x176
>>60742629
Kanye is emotion. Does that answer your question? Without Kanye music won't happen.
>>
>>60742654
man ur like kendrick = booty but somehow even worse
ily man
>>
File: testosterone-transformation.jpg (48 KB, 650x475) Image search: [Google]
testosterone-transformation.jpg
48 KB, 650x475
>>60742629
Maybe you just have low test, brah.
>>
>>60742830
nah, famo. I go to the gym regularly. I started recently and it's been having some positive results. I understand your concern, though.
>>
>>60742830
Dude on the right is fugly desu
I'd fug left guy if he was cuter
(me behind the pencil btw)
>>
>>60742629
I definitely feel strong emotions no matter what I listen too, there's always a different aura and vibe to the music that I pick up on. I actually find that exploring thoughts and emotions through music leaves me feeling satisfied and recharged. I love melancholy, it's one of the most beautiful things in life, things don't need to always be upbeat and extroverted.
>>
File: 1431466575761.gif (2 MB, 218x233) Image search: [Google]
1431466575761.gif
2 MB, 218x233
>>60742897
>not being the bottom for some glorious man meat

What kind of faggot are you?
>>
>>60742974
not him, but I'm a twink who only likes other twinks
>>
>>60742974
I would totally like to be the guy on the right in your gif since the dude in the post I first replied to had a pretty different body type to the guy in yours, in addition to being horribly deformed due to the shitty art.
>>
>>60742629
emotion is almost never a factor. but I'm not full autismo - I'm not a sucker for complexity and don't seek super complex rhythms and expert technique.

I look to be confused. To be completely overwhelmed and lost. Not sad, just completely eclipsed by the artist's vision. Then, I seek to gain a grip on the massive beast, and turn it to my own image and own self, making an entirely new piece from what I have listened to.

I agree that music should be an interpersonal relationship of the listener and performer, but I want it to be a wrestling match where both sides cannot comprehend the other. Not necessarily violent. But there must be some struggle.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.