[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rappers that went to shit as time went on.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: lil-wayne-gq-2.jpg (547 KB, 500x679) Image search: [Google]
lil-wayne-gq-2.jpg
547 KB, 500x679
Rappers that went to shit as time went on.
>>
kendrick west
>>
Ebinem
>>
Eminem
>>
j cole
>>
>>60742158
Poor guy is going to be spending a lot on a coverup for that Cash Money tat :(
>>
File: ye.jpg (4 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
ye.jpg
4 KB, 300x168
>>60742158
Omg the retard who made this thread has no concept of real Hip Hop. You understand that every artist in our genre needs to be killed by time. Find me a 70 year old hip hop artist. I suggest OP starts learning the fundamentals by listening to MFDOOM.
>>
All of the established GOATs (Eminem, Jay-Z, Nas) who survived their youths; rap is born out out of self-empowerment, and it's always more interesting heard from the perspective of a desperate young adult. Once they're successful they're clearly not as interesting.

They can either go the route of looking back on their successes and attempting to be 'mature' about them (Jay-Z), staying pretty much the same as they were and just not as good (Nas) or focus so much on the technical aspect of their work that they begin to lose a lot of charm that made them appealing in the first place (Eminem)

This is why all of the high-ups in people's rankings are dudes who died when they were young. Tupac, Eazy E, Notorious all would have went to shit had they lived.
>>
>>60742283
He's always been shit though
>>
>>60742158
wu tang clan
>>
>>60742485

>I suggest OP starts learning the fundamentals by listening to MFDOOM.
>learning the fundamentals
>MFDOOM

kek

also the reason that there are no 70 year old rap artists is because the genre hasn't been around that long. For instance, Wonder Mike (Sugarhill Gang) is still only 57, and he is one of the oldest rappers around.
>>
Yeah the age thing is weird in rap.

You have a couple of prodigies that peak young (Nas, Biggie, Mobb Deep guys, Andre3k) but otherwise everyone does their best work between the ages of 26 and 30 (Jay-Z, Wayne, Eminem, Kendrick, Ghostface, Mos Def, etc). If they're still putting out music after this general age range its invariably inferior to their best stuff.

The only exceptions i can think of is DOOM, who peaked at around 34, and Pusha T who's better all around in this new solo period than he was back in Clipse, and he's 38.

Pusha T and potentially Kendrick are the only ones to keep improving as artists and not go through a huge quality drop off.
>>
Wtf is all this reasonable informed discussion doing here?
>>
File: tab_YoungJeezy0316.jpg (275 KB, 1500x1809) Image search: [Google]
tab_YoungJeezy0316.jpg
275 KB, 1500x1809
>>
Killer Mike and EL-P are both 40 and still put out quality music
>>
>>60743649
Get the fuck out of here. Lord willin was the best thing pusha t has ever done
>>
File: image.png (676 KB, 798x770) Image search: [Google]
image.png
676 KB, 798x770
>>60742490
>GOATs
>eminem
>>
Kid Cudi
>>
>>60742158

are you telling me "suck a nigga dick for an iphone 6" isnt the greatest line of 2015 ?
>>
>>60743649
>Pusha T who's better all around in this new solo period than he was back in Clipse
hell no
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.