[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I recently listened to this and I loved it, I wanna delve
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Front.jpg (42 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
Front.jpg
42 KB, 450x450
So I recently listened to this and I loved it, I wanna delve deeper into The Mountain Goats but they have a shit ton of albums.
What are some of the better releases? I'm only interested in lo-fi sounding shit.
>>
Come on /moo/
>>
Cubs in 5
>>
If you like lo-fi, check out his first two albums, Zopilote Machine and Sweden. You should really listen to his more refined production albums (Tallahassee, We Shall All be Healed, Heretic Pride) as those are his best lyrically, and musically.
>>
>>60740741
Idk, i'm loving the lo-fi guitars, maybe later i'll move on to Tallahassee, but for now i'll listen to the albums you posted
>>
>>60740803

Listen to >>60740741

Tallahassee is really lonely with its instruments. It's mostly just John and one other dude.

If you like that stuff, The Sunset Tree and All Eternal's Deck are good.

But even though Transcendental Youth has a shit ton of production on it, it might be my favorite. seriously fantastic.
>>
Just listen to all is studio albums prior to All Hail West Texas. Plus get the compilations Protein Source of the Future...Now!, Bitter Melon Farm, and Ghana. After that, maybe check out the cassette only releases. If you ever get curious about his bigger production stuff and want to ease into, listen to We Shall All Be Healed, which is a great mixture of both styles.
>>
everything before and including AHWT
sunset tree
and moon colony bloodbath
that's pretty much it
>>
>>60740803
If you only listen to one refined production album, make sure it's Tallahassee. For his lo-fi earlier albums also check out The Coroner's Gambit, Full Force Gettysburg, and Ghana.
>>
moon colony bloodbath is not being mentioned enough
>>
Is there a bad Mountain Goats album?
>>
danng OP i'm in the same situation

>>60740906
>>60740924
is everything after west texas shitty?

also is his book any good? i'm thinking about buying it
>>
>>60740990
>is everything after west texas shitty?
Nope. It's his best stuff
>>
>>60740990
it's not shitty it's just not what OP is looking for
>>
>>60741032
>>60741050
ah right, that's good
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.