[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this album so overlooked? I think its Swans best work.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
Why is this album so overlooked? I think its Swans best work.
>>
>>60737988
You really don't. That's barely a warm up before the real thing.
>>
because it's not 2 hours long, so people might actually listen to it and realise what utter shite it is

the reason the seer and TBK have such high ratings is because no one has ever actually heard them. people who know better... already know better. and those who don't can continue the false hype train. they're the ultimate poseur band
>>
>>60738136
Whoah. That's exactly what a professional faggot would say.
>>
I think OPs picrelated is better than TBK. But it is not, by any means, their strongest work.
>>
It felt less cohesive than their other stuff. A great album, but some of the tracks just sound like Angels of Light with other instruments tacked on. Look At Me Go is just a mess.
>>
This album is like the Swans brand being woken up after being cryogenically frozen for over a decade and reorienting itself to learn how to walk again.

Not even close to their best work.
>>
File: 1448984821092.jpg (66 KB, 409x553) Image search: [Google]
1448984821092.jpg
66 KB, 409x553
>>60737988
It's literally The Seer: Lite Version, not bad, but completely overshadowed by its big brother
>>
>>60738074
>You really don't. That's barely a warm up before the real thing.
This, I never thought of it as a true Swans record. It's an Angels of Light record under the name Swans.

Gira didn't start sounding like Swans again until The Seer.
>>
>>60737988
>2015
>still pretending to like swans
please tell me how Kanye and death grips are memes and how influential MBV was
>>
The liner notes say that Hunter Hunt Hendrix was on this album but I've never been able to figure out where
>>
dunno. i think i like it the most of their more recent work.
>>
>>60739123
on the bonus track Look At Me Go
>>
File: 562756682.jpg (36 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
562756682.jpg
36 KB, 625x626
>>60738136

It's just has less of the industrial sound that some of their more popular albums have. Personally, I like it a lot.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.