[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are these memes ? Overrated ? If so what are some great closed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: ath m50x.jpg (62 KB, 330x330) Image search: [Google]
ath m50x.jpg
62 KB, 330x330
Are these memes ?

Overrated ?
If so what are some great closed heaphones for -200$ ?
>>
Idunno, they were really cheap for what they are. They sound pretty baller to me. I paid about £80. It's basically the best option if you're not autistic.
>>
I got a pair for 99$ and I love them. Regardless if they are memes or not they have great sound and are very comfortable.
>>
i got mine for 180 but they have lasted really well

10/10
>>
>>60735007
www.amazon.com/beyerdynamic-770-80-Studio-Headphones/dp/B0016MNAAI/
(There is also a 32ohm version of the Beyers if you want something a portable device can drive without an amp but they're more expensive)

www.amazon.com/AKG-K551SLV-Closed-Back-Reference-Class-Microphone/dp/B009KOTNA0/

http://www.amazon.com/AKG-K550-Closed-Back-Reference-Headphones/dp/B005CNR7B0/
>>
>>60735808
this
>>
File: okid.png (321 KB, 431x450) Image search: [Google]
okid.png
321 KB, 431x450
>>60735099
>the best option if you're not autistic
>>
buy some beats pro
>>
I paid like 80 bucks for my pair. They sound really good, but hurt my head wearing them for a long time, but I have a larger noggin than most people so you might be fine.
>>
Does anyone have any opinions about the differences in sound quality between the M50 and M50x versions? I know the M50x has comfier padding and a detachable cord and comes with three different cords, but can anyone say anything about the differences in how they sound? Some reviews I've seen online say they sound literally identical, and some say there's a slight difference, like with the M50x having a slightly heavier bass.
>>
I hope no one paid $200 for those.
They're worth about $120 at most. They're little brother the m40x is on sale for $67 and those give a more accurate sound.

So yes I'd say they're well designed but overpriced memephones.
>>
>>60735007
shure SE-215 better for less
>>
>>60737730
they are the same headphones.
just different padding and a different cord.
>>
>>60737730
completely same fones. dont worry too much man. you seem too much concerned by irrelevant thing like headphones
>>
>>60738160
>>60738293
Alright, thanks guys. Think I'll go with the M50x then, for the better padding.
>>
>>60738563
still better to buy velour pads on amazon along with the headphones cause the pads that come with it are thin.
i couldnt wear it for more than an hour without my ears hurting before but i got brainwavz velour pads and i can wear them for much longer now
>>
>>60737730
The type of cups on two completely identical headphones can change the way they sound. I bought my m50s with the coiled cable a few years ago. Still going strong but the cups shriveled up and died. Was kind of happy about it because the m50s were known for being a little tight on the head, and the cups being of shit quality didn't help. Got some poofy leather replacements on eBay that were highly regarded with the only complaint being that they changed the sound a slight bit. Got em anyway, and they did indeed change the sound a bit, but not in a bad way. If anything the sound became a bit nicer after getting used to them.

There are 3 main differences in the m50x over the original. The tension on your head is a lot lighter than the original because of those complaints of ear aches after prolonged usage. The detachable cables is obviously the biggest change, which allows you to wear them outside without looking like an autist with a ten foot long cord hanging out of your coat. The last is the cup material. A lot softer than the older cups they came with, so they last a bit longer combined with the lesser tension on your noggin. However because the cups are different, they don't sound exactly identical to the older model. Still fantastic, as they're the same drivers and everything, but little different. If you've never had a pair you won't care, but if you had the older ones you'd need to get used to them.
>>
>>60739005
>>60739375
Thanks a lot for the replies! That helps a lot.
>>
>>60735007
they're fine. overrated maybe, since they're always the first to be recommended, but you're not going to be upset with buying them. there are probably better headphones under $200 (maybe the dt770) and there are certainly way better cheaper headphones in terms of bang for your buck (creative aurvana live, denon ahd1100). actually i'd go as far as saying both of those headphones are better, they're just older and way less durable. m50s can't compete with them in terms of soundstage.
>>
>>60739474
>>60739005
I was the anon who wrote this out >>60739375

The replacement pads I got were brainwavz as well. Not velour however, I got dark red leather. Looks really good on the black cans. I'd recomend them in the future.
>>
>>60737730
they sound virtually identical, because they are. m50x has gone down in price, though, so i think the slight difference in price is now justified by the three removable cables
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.