[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where did it go wrong? I recently relisten to this album and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 1024x1024
Where did it go wrong?

I recently relisten to this album and it's amazing.

I recently listened to their newest release and the charm is all gone
>>
>>60732922
That'll teach you to ever expect anything good from any English indie rock band ever
>>
every single brit band of the last 15 years peaked very early
>>
>>60732969
This.

Our scene was wrecked by Britpop
>>
hey that isn't good it's actually quite cringe
>>
it went wrong when kele decided he was the most important and talented member of the band and that the band should be his outlet to make awful electronic shit. bloc party had so much potential and kele fucked it up. everybody else in the band is legitimately talented, especially tong imo, but kele is so fucking full of shit that he thinks he is bloc party or something. it started when they were making AWITC with shit like the prayer, the end of uniform, where is home, etc. it was clear that those tracks made the album largely because he wanted them. the other tracks they made in that time are in a big b-side compilation, and almost all of them are great. if they would have put out a double album with the best tracks from the album and the b-sides combined, it would be 10/10. intimacy just went more down that route, and four was just uninspired. new stuff isn't bloc party, its just kele's solo project now.

bloc party really had something unique wit their hi-fi/electronic influenced style. they had plenty of talent and creativity, and didn't belong with the other bands people compare them to like the strokes and all those average indie bands. it just sucks that they will never make anything good ever again.
>>
>>60732969
Franz Ferdinand are still surprisingly good
>>
>>60732951
>>60732969

Implying this is exclusive to brits. Literally every single one of the shallow throwback indeh rawk bands from the 00s had the exact same career path: bust onto the scene with 'exciting' breakthrough album, follow up with lukewarm carbon copy, devolve into complete shit from there on.

The Strokes, The Libertines, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Arcade Fire, Interpol, Franz Ferdinand, Bloc Party, Arctic Monkeys, Broken Social Scene, Brand New, TV on the Radio, Deerhunter... am I missing any? I may well be - after all, the music these bands made is some of the blandest shit that's ever been committed to tape. We can all be thankful rock music is dead now thanks to bands like these.
>>
>>60733756
Good post m8.
>>
>>60733892
>Brand New
>TV on the Radio

Pretty sure these don't fit.
>>
>>60732969
Foals, Everything Everything, and Bombay Bicycle Club have only gotten better.
>>
>>60733892
>Brand New
>Implying their latest work is bland
literally what, go listen to Daisy again
>>
>>60734156
>>60734194

i don't think it's possible to like Your Favorite Weapon over Deja, Devil, or Daisy
>>
File: image.jpg (101 KB, 640x380) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101 KB, 640x380
>>60732922
What are you talking about?
AOTY 2016 is ours
>>
>>60732922
their drummer was one of the most talented and interesting members of the band and I'm pretty sure they got rid of him
>>
File: image.jpg (160 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
160 KB, 1500x1500
>>60734177
>Foals
>Getting better
>>
>>60732922
well I actually like about 4-5 tracks in Intimacy, but Four is a complete no-no, and to be honest, I can't remember half the songs on AWITC by reading their name.
Silent Alarm was miles away from anything else done by their fellow indie bands at the time, and it's really bad that they are pretty much shitting on its memory.
>>
>>60734275
No, he just turned into a tranny.
>>
>>60734494
underrated post
>>
>>60734294
Well TLF is better than antidotes
>>
File: The_National.jpg (1 MB, 1800x1200) Image search: [Google]
The_National.jpg
1 MB, 1800x1200
>>60733892
Ehm
Except these guys
They kept improvingwith every album and remained consistently good
>>
>>60735043
Boxer is their only good record. Everything since is ponderous boring narcissism.
>>
File: mew-2.jpg (15 KB, 400x262) Image search: [Google]
mew-2.jpg
15 KB, 400x262
When did you realize the best Indie band of the 00's was actually Mew?

I honestly believe Frengers is flawless album
>>
>>60735093
>doesn't like Alligator and High Violet
Shit taste man
>>
>>60735043
>some of the blandest shit that's ever been committed to tape

>>60735105
They're p baller tbqhhh, possibly the only legitimately good band mentioned ITT
>>
>>60735105
Because they mix their style with other genres like shoegaze, post-rock and prog and don't make generic post-punk or garage revival
>>
>>60735000
I agree with you, but he is suggesting What Went Down is better than all the other 3 which is objectively wrong
>>
>>60735105
Mew is GOAT
>>
>>60735235
Yeah, I would say TLF > A = HF > WWD
>>
>>60732922
From what I've heard, Kele basically sucks at songwriting and wants to make the band all electronic and shit like his solo work. Matt and Gordon were like "fuck this" and left the band because they didn't like the direction they were going.

But, their albums are still pretty good. Intimacy was a bit out there, but it still had its moments.

These new songs, though...they're fucking shit. I have no hope for this new album.

>>60733892
>Arctic Monkeys

Naw.
>>
>>60734259
> See this
> Literally think "Hahaha no way that line up is real"
> Look it up
> It is
>>
>>60733892
Deerhunter, although they were falling off recently
>>
>>60732969
Except These New Puritans and Wild Beasts
>>
>>60733756
>but kele is so fucking full of shit that he thinks he is bloc party or something
Well, he kind of is. It did start with just him and Russell. The other two joined in by auditioning.

>the other tracks they made in that time are in a big b-side compilation, and almost all of them are great
Agreed. Cain Said to Abel is a grade A fucking tune.

>intimacy just went more down that route
They were trying to be Radiohead desu.

>four was just uninspired
Go listen to 3x3 and tell me that again.

No, but it was alright. Could've been much better though.
>>
>>60734259
>AYY GET RATCHET LMAO
>>
>>60733892
>The Strokes
Are still good
>Yeah yeah yeahs
Were never good
>Arcade Fire
Released three good albums and could still pull it back
>Interpol
See Arcade Fire
>Broken Social Scene
Are still good and don't fit the description whatsoever
>Brand New
See BSS
>TVOTR
Peaked 7 years into their career
>Deerhunter
See the Strokes

The rest truly is vapid indie garbage and it's all from the UK
>>
>>60732922
The b-sides and store exclusive tracks on the second album is better than the actual album.
>>
one of my fave albums, very goat
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.