[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Two things: 1. It seems like ever since Thom's alternate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Folder.jpg (471 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Folder.jpg
471 KB, 600x600
Two things:

1. It seems like ever since Thom's alternate tracklist for HTTT, Radiohead has been shying away almost in fear of releasing a record of any real length. There seems to be this common opinion about HTTT being "too long"...it's only a couple minutes longer than OKC though and still less than an hour long. I've found that funny - generally speaking, most of my favorite records run about 66-72 minutes on average. Perhaps both the band and Radiohead fanbase conflates filler/bits that don't hold the listener's attention with "too long"? I'd just hate to see them keep moving in this direction. TKOL was on the short side and I don't feel that was for the better. I hope LP9 doesn't end up being an EP <30 minutes.

2. Feral tickles my ears. Not even using a headphone amp. What the hell did they do to make the bass that fuzzy? It's like crushed Burial or something. Certainly not the first song to do this but the only one I've heard that sounds that specific.
>>
maybe you'll like this: some anon complaining about the length gave me this playlist ages ago and I regret not giving it a try until several months afterwards; mixes king of limbs and amok together as 12 tracks:
>side a
bloom
morning mr magpie
little by little
reverse running
amok
>side b
unless
feral
lotus flower
codex
give up the ghost
judge, jury and executioner
>>
>Perhaps both the band and Radiohead fanbase conflates filler/bits that don't hold the listener's attention with "too long"?

They aren't that many, I mean the kind of tracks that could be considered filler. Most of the stuff that end ups on the albums feels like a proper song.

And they certainly don't lack of material. If you add In Rainbows disc 2 to the proper release you get a 70 minutes long album. Something similar happens if you add up the TKOL singles to the album. You also have to keep in mind that at around the time HTTT was being recorded none of the members were actively working outside of the band.

>Appearing on a BBC radio show in April 2011, O'Brien explained that Radiohead felt the ideal album was around 40 minutes long

But, yes, I'm conviced HTTT's reception influenced in some way this decision too. But I don't mind that much.
>>
HTTT is the best Radiohead album
It's a masterpiece from start to finish
Prove me wrong
protip: you fucking can't
>>
>>60732330
No Separator? It's such a pretty closer track.
>>
>>60732330
terrible
>>
>>60732518
wasn't my playlist idea like I said, just flows pretty well, I'd use stuck together pieces and separator but I don't know where I'd put them, but it's only something I try when I'm bored, I don't mind tkol as it is
>>
>>60732457
I would re-order the tracks a bit. Everyone seems to want to discuss which tracks should be removed. Bullshit. Only problem with that album if any is the sequence of the tracks (i.e. push Sail to the Moon behind Backdrifts). The beginning and ending they fucking nailed though. I can't understand that alt tracklisting with There There opening the album and 2+2=5 not (and leading into anything other than Sit Down Stand Up).
>>
>>60732457
Nah, I agree. Only plebs think it's "too long."
>>
>>60732457
>HTTT is not the best Radiohead album
>It's mediocre from start to finish
>Prove me wrong
>protip: you fucking can't

there, that was easy
>>
>>60731755
I think the reason HTTT has been their longest LP so far, is because they didn't fight a lot about it. At least half of the creative process usually comes down to bickering and editing, and because they didn't do that a ton, they were subsequently able to spend more time stuffing the album with individual tracks.
Albeit, at a cost to the quality (IMO)
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.