[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How every song starts on this album. >Le quirky Start >Repeat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: merri.jpg (533 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
merri.jpg
533 KB, 1500x1500
How every song starts on this album.
>Le quirky Start
>Repeat Le quirky start for 1 minute
>Transition to le quirky atmospheric music
>Repeat one phrase over and over again over le quirky atmospheric music
>Get best album of the decade from every music publication.

>Best Song
Daily Routine

>Worst
Also Frightened.
>>
>>60727025
if it works, it works
>>
>>60727025
>lelelelelelelele
We should start filtering out the words "le" and "meme" as well senpai
>>
>>60727025
What's up with all the butthurt contrarians on /mu/ today?
>>
>>60727025
Your well-developed and insightful observations have really changed how I think about this album. Those music publications are just a bunch of braindead sheep. Why didn't we see it earlier?
>>
>>60727127
New Animal Collective stirs shit up like a motherfucker.
>>
>>60727134
because op is an idiot
>>
>>60727025
You sure convinced me with those hot opinions friendo
Daily Routine is the worst song on there that isn't No More Runnin
>>
>>60727149
How am I an idiot?
>>
>>60727159
No More Runnin is fucking fantastic for reasons I can articulate if you want to hear it.
>>
>>60727145
Even music writers on twitter can't help themselves digging the knife in today. AnCo bring out the best and absolute worst in people, I can't really explain why.
>>
>>60727638
Any examples for somebody not particularly plugged in to twitter?
>>
Strawberry Jam is better.
>>
>>60727025
why do people think this is going to start a good conversation?

>I hate this and let me tell you why in the most condescending way
>>
>>60727619
not him but id like to hear what you think about it cuz i like that song a lot too
>>
>>60727864
Senior editor at Stereogum, who you would think would be well versed with the subjectivity of music decides to be a massive shithead:
https://twitter.com/tombreihan/status/671344024226291712
https://twitter.com/tombreihan/status/671342783299461122

Fucking embarrassing to be honest.
>>
>>60728166
It's written in an interesting mode for one. The main synth line is in an oddly syncopated rhythm and strikes a chord with so much tension but the bass keeps it grounded in the key. The lyricism has great imagery and represents the ambiance very well imo. I love the way their voices slide down together right at the same time Geologist slides a note upwards during the line "It's what I hope for," which is already a mournful lyric, but it's accentuated by the dissonence that naturally occurs when two frequencies slide towards eacher. It's dissonant without being unpleasant, juxtaposed with the strong harmonic resolution immediately afterwards. I love the call and response in the voices during the "locked my bones and trapped my feet" section, and Avey's performance there is chilling. It's the only song on the album like it, it explores something different at just the right place in the album. I don't think it's an accident that they placed it right between the frantic Lion in a Coma and the ecstatic Brothersport. It's placement is thematically perfect. The melody is totally unpredictable in both rhythm and tonality, yet totally recognizable. The only static part of the song is the rhythm, and that's what ties the song together, as with many of the tracks. I also love the samples of water. The song is good for so many reasons. It's just not a dance song and it's not in a familiar scale so people don't get it.
>>
>>60728286
Yea, even if he didn't like it he could at least articulate a criticism.
>>
>i'll say 'le' and 'quirky' over and over
>fucking btfo anco
>>
>>60727025
true
>>
It is the undeniable truth that the reason /mu/ gets so worked up about animal collective is because the people who hate them start a load of threads about them.
>>
>>60728286
what the fuck...... what a fucking disgrace
>>
>>60729503
that wasn't at all true until new album news was released, and even then the thread was going pretty slow
post volume increased when floridada dropped though
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.