[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I honestly think black metal is the weakest subgenre of metal.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
I honestly think black metal is the weakest subgenre of metal. For some reason I can't get into it. What are some bands /mu/ could reccommend for me to get into it?
>>
i think black metal in general is lame and weak as well, i hate the corpse paint and image of many bands, but there are some that are different from the rest but still considered black metal.
try emperor's in the nightside eclipse
>>
Death metal > black meal

Checkmate atheists
>>
>>60726845
but Atheist is a death metal band
>>
File: tmp_16615-2bc2080882662.jpg (17 KB, 399x388) Image search: [Google]
tmp_16615-2bc2080882662.jpg
17 KB, 399x388
>>60726988
S-shut up
>>
>>60726750
My biggest problems are the vocals and gimmicky nature of it
>>
>>60727048
if you are trying to get into the extreme metal genre in general, then i suggest to try death metal first if you havent
>>
>>60726637
literally the pro-wrestling of music
>>
Black metal is scandos making evil music with shitty recording equipment. Anyone can copy that, went from a microgenre to a real one because of it.
>>
It's not an inclusive genre. If you don't get it, you won't, and we don't want you, so fuck off back to /metal/.
>>
Venom
>>
File: The-Reddit-Invasion.png (126 KB, 549x275) Image search: [Google]
The-Reddit-Invasion.png
126 KB, 549x275
>>60727578
>>
>>60727240
That'd be Nu-metal.
>>
there is LITERALLY nothing worthwhile in metal outside of black or prog

Not saying all black and prog is good (on the contrary a lot is terrible), but outside of it great albums are only really one or two per subgenre.

PS if you don't like black metal you're either a MASSIVE SEETHING pleb or you're listening to the wrong shit
>>
>>60726845
Blackened death metal is better than both.
>>
File: 04_-_pnltk.gif (1 MB, 300x192) Image search: [Google]
04_-_pnltk.gif
1 MB, 300x192
>>60727698
tripfag projecting
>>
Black metal is about about gimmickry and being all edgy and shocking. There is little of any music value in the genre to be honest family
>>
>>60726637

Are you serious? We listened to black metal for the entire month of November, there were multiple threads about it every day and you are asking now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmA6PDutNDE
>>
>>60728980
>spot the autist
>>
>>60729011
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>60727734
Like behemoth? Because I love me some behemoth.
>>
>>60729094

Like belphegor

instead of blackening up your death metal, why not deathen up your black metal

https://rateyourmusic.com/genre/War+Metal/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAZnHJ9-0EA
>>
>>60726750
seconding listen to in the nightside eclipse

It's not as repetitive as many other albums and the vocals are tastefully mixed in the back, making it a great gateway drug. I too hated black metal until I heard it. If you don't like that then idk what to tell you man.
>>
>>60727698
the edge. Death metal has tons of gud shit.
>>
>>60729618
death metal literally has Death and the rest of it goes in the trash
>>
>>60729779
the absolute plebman,

death is mediocre as fuck.
>>
>>60729779

even cannibal corpse is better than death
>>
File: Venom_-_Black_Metal-front.jpg (83 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
Venom_-_Black_Metal-front.jpg
83 KB, 720x720
>>60726637
Venom
>>
File: 1448920995655.jpg (232 KB, 600x459) Image search: [Google]
1448920995655.jpg
232 KB, 600x459
>>60727698
Must be pretty sad having such shit taste
>>60729779
Fuck you, Vader is awesome
>>
>>60728980
This. OP, read the sticky, check the archives, just explore. There are a million ways to get into black metal without being fucking lazy.
>>
>>60727698
there is LITERALLY nothing worthwhile in metal outside of death or grindcore

Not saying all death and grindcore is good (on the contrary a lot is terrible), but outside of it great albums are only really one or two per subgenre.

PS if you don't like death metal you're either a MASSIVE SEETHING pleb or you're listening to the wrong shit
>>
>>60729037
*Whom
>>
What other black metal exists that sounds like Gorgoroth. I'm talking same ideologies and general instrumentation/vocals but with good production quality. This recorded in a snowy forest is like nails on a chalkboard to me.
>>
Why are black metal vocalists so shit

Ruins everything
>>
>>60726637

Depend of what you like

If you already like some metal you should try these
Emperor - Anthems to the welking at dusk
Dissection - Storm of the light's bane
Immortal - At the heart of winter
Ulver - Nattens Madrigal
Cobalt - Eater of Birds
Peste Noire - La Sanie des siècles
Nokturnal Mortum - The voice of steel

>>60727698

Here's your reply

>>60729779
>>60729932

Itt : wrong opinions
>>
>>60726637
>>60726750
You are correct. Black Metal is the clown / circus music
>>
>>60726637
The memes are a good place to start. The Darkthrone trilogy, Live in Leipzig, DMDS, the first four Burzum albums, the DsO trilogy, Weakling, Silencer, VBE.
There is a lot of stuff out there.
I got into bm through stuff like Emperor, Deafheaven, and DsO. But, if you aren't already into extreme metal it might just not be for you. I was a fan of dm, prog, and thrash before I was able to really get into bm.
>>
>>60731249
All those bands are shit though
>>
>>60727698
Are you serious? I can think of a bunch of good power metal albums, traditional metal albums, doom metal albums, thrash metal albums, avant-garde metal albums, death metal albums, sludge metal albums, symphonic metal albums, folk metal albums, metal/deathcore albums, speed metal albums. I can even think of a few enjoyable glam metal albums and maybe 1 decent nu-metal album.

You'r;e looking at the wrong shit.
>>
I did a complete 180 on black metal in the last year. This time last year I thought it was the worst most unlistenable crap I ever heard and now I think it's the by far the best subgenre of metal and the pinnacle of the genre as a whole
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.