[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Weezer worth listening to? I've avoided them for ages.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (120 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120 KB, 1000x1000
Is Weezer worth listening to? I've avoided them for ages.
>>
File: weezer pleb patrician.png (1 MB, 1952x1096) Image search: [Google]
weezer pleb patrician.png
1 MB, 1952x1096
Only if you know which albums to avoid
>>
the blue album yes, the rest of their discography, no.
>>
>>60722998
Raditude is their best work
>>
>>60722973
Not that album.

Check out Pinkerton, and later The Blue Album.

They make good guitar pop with endearing vocals.
>>
>>60722998
Fuck this guy
>>60722973
Just listen to Blue first, if you like, move on to Pinkerton for a more artistic approach, Everything Will Be Alright In The End for more melodic Rock guitar, Maladroit for more attitude, or The Red Album deluxe for complete madness.
>>
>>60722998
i knew some shit like this would be posted
>>60722973
honestly they arent anything from another world, im not a fan but i dig some of their stuff,
blue and pinkerton are kinda worth listening i guess, say it aint so is my favorite song by them.
that album you posted has island in the sun which is cool too.
>>
blue album: quirky and pretty cool
>>
>>60723069
The blue album is the earthbound of music.
>>
>>60722973
reminder that the faggot on the left is dead. reminder cuomo is an asshole who treats the band like shit
>>
Rivers fucked both himself and the band over once Matt Sharp left and once rivers had that leg surgery. the band has never been the same since their 90's line-up.
>>
Blue Album and Red Album are good shit
>>
>>60723092
that makes Pinkerton Mother 3
>>
>>60723141
>implying you even remember their 90s lineup
>>
Rivers Cuomo is literally a neo-Nazi who yelled HEIL HITLER MOTHERFUCKERS at a concert in 2002.
>>
>>60723092
>>60723176
Somehow this makes sense wow

>>60723141
Everything Will Be alright was fucking great fite me
>>
File: image.png (853 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
853 KB, 750x1334
How do we save him?
>>
>>60723275
dude there is literally no hope for the group now.
EWBAITE was probably the closest thing to a sincere effort from them in years.
>>
>>60723092
how do these two things deal with the same themes at all?
>>
>>60722973
Avoided them for a long time thinking they crap,gave into them and downloaded Blue and Pinkerton. I listened to Blue then Pinkerton about 5-7 times by the end of the month. A few weeks, later I listened them both again a few weeks later and I started listening to Pinkerton more. Now Pinkerton is one of my favourite albums, I still listen to Blue from time to time, but it makes me wonder why I'm listening to it when I could be listening to Pinkerton. Say it Aint so and a couple other non hits are pretty good, the rest are dull and forgettable, but comfortable. Listen is you enjoy pop rock.
>>
File: 1428822734540.jpg (153 KB, 262x478) Image search: [Google]
1428822734540.jpg
153 KB, 262x478
The Blue Album and Pinkerton are great. EWBAITE is p good
>>
>>60723120
Captain Beefheart treated his band like shit and they made Trout Mask
>>
Blue>Pinkerton>Make Believe>EWBAITE>Green>>Red
>>
Blue Album: Nicest album you'll ever meet
Pinkerton: Twisted fucking psychopath
>>
>>60723416
trout mask is a legendary masterpiece, weezer are just ok
>>
>Jeff Magnum
>Scott Spillane
>Jeremy Barnes
>Julian Koster
>Chad Kroeger
>>
I've loved Weezer since before I even got into other music, and I can enjoy most of their stuff, but really the only two high quality albums are blue and pinkerton.

Green is full of perfect sheen songs that are almost all identical, but its enjoyable.

Maladroit has some enjoyable stuff. Listen to Burndt Jamb.

Make Believe is eh.

Red is weird, mostly trash, but listen to the bonus tracks Pig, Ms Sweeny and The Spider, all are great. Angel and the One is nice too.

Raditude is horrible.

Hurley is slightly less horrible.

Everything will be alright is the best in a long time, but still has a "fakish" feel to me. Cleopatra from that album is great though imo.

If for some odd reason anyone really feels like getting more, both of Rivers' Alone Home Recordings albums are good. Alone II is better than any weezer album post pinkerton probably.
>>
>>60723243
Yeah, that actually happened.
>>
>>60723011
this
>>
>>60722998
Say it ain't so
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.