[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody else on /mu/ busk? I tried it the other day, made $10
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: Guitar Pepe.jpg (14 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
Guitar Pepe.jpg
14 KB, 320x320
Anybody else on /mu/ busk?

I tried it the other day, made $10 in an hour and a half. Planning to try again with a rebooted Christmas themed lineup and better location.

Song recommendations?
>>
>>60720237
Try to use an amp and a mic w/stand if possible. No one can hear your shitty songs outside if they're more than 10ft away from you senpai.

If you play instrumental stuff, do some comfy jazz standards like Lester Young. If you sing, then stop it.
>>
>>60720652
What if I'm a good singer?
>>
>>60720708
I'm a good singer
>>
>>60720237
i did for the first time a few months ago. it was really underwhelming but i realized i chose a place where i should've expected that people would walk right by me.
elliott smith covers are always tight.
>>
>>60720746
no you're not
>>
>>60720762
Yeah, location is tricky. I tried it on my local college campus. In retrospect, I think that was a mistake
>>
>>60720708
>"good" singer
lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D-0Ju-_ICE
"good" luck anon
>>
>>60720843
this has a nice jeff buckley sort of vibe. that drawn out vocal vibrato can feel contrived and tiring sometimes though. there's more than one way to be a "good" singer.
(not op)
>>
>>60720237
>song recommendations
Depends on your audience. When I'm just on a busy street corner I do stuff that most people would know (Bob Dylan, The Beatles, acoustic versions of pop songs, etc.) but I like to go out in front of the quirky bookstore in my town and throw in some NMH or Elliott Smith or something. Either way I usually make around 7-10 bucks an hour.
>>
>>60720843
That's a really cool cover. I'll have to learn it. Though I kind of feel like the way he's doing it is a little drawn out for on the street.

>>"good" singer
>lol

Whenever I see threads about busking I always see this kind of "Don't bother singing, you'll only shit yourself" attitude. Does everyone actually hate singing buskers, or is the assumption that no good singers every busk?
>>
>>60721255
I do it like twice a year, all I sing is house of the rising sun and come on eileen, I usually make €15 per hour
>>
File: 1448483901146.png (252 KB, 335x335) Image search: [Google]
1448483901146.png
252 KB, 335x335
>>60720237
>tfw I'm interested in busking but I do noisey ambient synth stuff that would just annoy people, especially considering the overwhelmingly indie slant to the music scene of my town due to nmh and similar shit originating here
what should I do /mu/
>>
>>60721313
I love playing House of the Rising Sun. It's deceptively easy to play (if you know nothing about guitar)

>>60721326
Just go out there with a hat. Somebody will throw some coins in it. Figure out what people give you coins for, then do that ad infinitum
>>
>>60721326
i make harsh noise, lets team up and busk the shit out of yr town
>>
>>60721095
I can get behind that.

>>60721255
Honestly, I was just dicking around. Although I don't really like buskers (they usually seem contrived and crowd-pleasing), I've seen some really great ones out on Times Square, Virginia Beach and in the center of Boston, all of which I've been to several times. Those sites seem competitive though. Anyway, you do you, anon. Get good and put out some good shit. We're counting on you.

Also, check out King Krule's shit if you haven't yet.
>>
>>60720843
Why the concentration face though? It's not like he's playing/singing something complicated. This is cringe seriously.
>>
>>60721533
>Why the concentration face though?
The qt3.14s don't know that though
>>
>>60721533
Yeah, Allen can be contrived at times, but you can't deny him that privilege after watching the second half of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFnF-hE6xjw

In all honesty, I think his body language isn't all that contrived. I've spent hours in my bedroom singing to myself for more than 4 years and I get that way too. I'm not lucky to get in that state all the time, but when you're sweaty from the heat and your mind is fried from work, sometimes you get lost in that state. But you're free to not believe me anon.
>>
>>60721533
shit I meant to link this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4Hy6kp5kIs
The other one was a shitty recording of a show that used to have an amazing recording on yt but was taken down because his label put it up on itunes.
>>
>>60721467
desu I'd end up pretty embarrassed senpai I'm a bit of a sperg
>>
>>60721255
Busking if you can sing is fine, but only in certain locations, and if you really can sing exceptionally well, without having to show off.

It's annoying when there's some busker on a main street that's trying way too hard to sing something, it just kills the atmosphere or any appeal in my opinion.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.