[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Weeknd
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Top-Ten-The-Weeknd-Songs-FDRMX.jpg (33 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Top-Ten-The-Weeknd-Songs-FDRMX.jpg
33 KB, 1366x768
The Weeknd is the Kurt Cobain/Nirvana of this generation.

Abel Tesfaye(The Weeknd) presents songs that are catchy, and enjoyable by a massive audience, yet also have a deeper meaning lyrically, usually with depressed, disillusioned, bitingly cynical overtones and commentary on contemporary society's approach to romance and relationships and escapism via regular intoxication.

Future reminisces on the later half of this decade will be paired with images of The Weeknd. 2015 belongs to The Weeknd.

Although, with his lifestyle, fame status, and wealth, he could likely contribute to an early death in his late 20s, much like Cobain, Hendrix, Morrison, and many other stars, who had the magic of making pop music with lyrics most people wanted to hear yet at the same time retaining an individual flare and innovation to their music. He's a cool dude.

Thoughts?
>>
>>60719409

STFO you piece of shit
>>
>>60719409
lol Nirvana lyrics mean nothing most of the time
>>
He's just another shitty radio R&B guy whose currently massive hits will be forgotten in a few years.
>>
>>60719454
The words maybe, but not the sentiment underlying them.
>>60719510
He's nowhere near generic.
>>
File: Capture.png (80 KB, 163x179) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
80 KB, 163x179
fuck that nigga
>>
This thread goes to show how big of contemptuous bitter losers /mu/ is
>>
there is nothing deep about this bullshit, soft boy, sorry excuse for music
>>
>>60720332
Well depth is subjective
At a surface value, it may not be deep, but in the end it's up to the listener to decide how deep it is for them.
>>
>>60719409
I think you're right but it says more about how lame your generation is than anything else.
>>
>>60719409
>The Kurt Cobain of this generation
Yeah I know, hopefully he kills himself
>>
Favorite songs of his three mixtapes?

HoB - Loft Music
Thursday - Rolling Stone
EoS - Outside
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.