[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Drm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: drm.jpg (15 KB, 600x258) Image search: [Google]
drm.jpg
15 KB, 600x258
http://www.macrumors.com/2015/11/27/iphone-7-no-3-5mm-headphone-jack-lightning/

>Apple removes analog output from iPhone 7 in 2016. Headphones must be either blue tooth, have a lightning plug, or use the adapter.
>2025
>Lightning and other digital audio outputs become the standard for all audio connections
>No new hardware comes with analog audio outputs, only digital.
>All digital connections have DRM built-in.
>Apple Music becomes the only streaming music service and is more than $100 monthly.
>All audio devices have DRM which will only play content from Apple Music service.
>Will only play AAC files with 320kbps quality - uncompressed AIF files will cost an additional fee.
>Attempting to play MP3 files will cause the built-in codec to artificially downgrade the quality much like the Sony ATRAC codec did in the early 2000's. Also, MP3 files must be attached to a single sign-in and must be connected to the cloud for verification every time they are played.
>There will be no way around this as the hardware and operating systems will be able to block any analog hole. No company will keep analog audio outputs on their computer as they will be unable to play music from Apple Music or any other program using the analog hole due to extra DRM in new Apple and Windows OS versions.
>Blue tooth will have the same DRM.
>All adapters will have the same DRM.
>>
continued
>Even with the subscription price, there will still be advertisements (much like cable TV that used to have no ads and is now horrific).
>Must listen to a certain amount of unmutable ads to play music. The more ads, the more music OR a higher bitrate.
>Smart phones will have become the defacto "computer" at this point anyway and they are infinitely easier to cripple and control.
>BUT MUH LINUX!? If still alive, you may be able to make your own Raspberry pi like audio player for MP3 files, but this will be such a niche market that the RIAA won't care.
>The RIAA will only be pushing one analog option...
>Vinyl
>MFW Audiophiles, Hipsters, and other music fans celebrate a new era of expensive, forced Vinyl
>MFW Apple, Microsoft, and RIAA finally kills the MP3.
>>
>>60717853
>Will only play AAC files with 320kbps quality
I only needed to see this in order to know you are a child
>>
>>60717853
>>60717870
autism
>>
>>60718064
I only needed to see this in order to know you are autistic.
>>
>>60718123
Says the faggot who wrote out two posts full of dumb garbage

This whole thread is terrible
>>
wake me up inside
>>
>>60717853
tinfoil aside, there will always be manufacturers who go against the grain. fuck it, i'll just buy a fiios. music will always get pirated and put on the web in some capacity. and there will always be musicians who don't care about getting paid in the first place. the time of the pay-what-you-want model is nigh.
>>
File: LL.jpg (12 KB, 350x232) Image search: [Google]
LL.jpg
12 KB, 350x232
It's fucking magic.

Not claiming that millennials won't completely ruin everything by giving up their essential digital freedoms but this is silly.
>>
You need to have analog without DRM in your chain anyways.
>>
Finally phones won't be thick anymore.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.