[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New AnCo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: Animal Collective.jpg (34 KB, 446x299) Image search: [Google]
Animal Collective.jpg
34 KB, 446x299
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw2ssNnA_Es

discuss.
>>
File: a1.png (7 KB, 454x107) Image search: [Google]
a1.png
7 KB, 454x107
>>60717802
Marcel, who has notoriously hated everything AnCo has ever put out, absolutely loves this track.
>>
one of the best songs they've ever made

remember: /mu/ AnCo fans thought Centipede Hz was a great album

you can't trust them
>>
>>60717859

>7.4
>>
>>60717856
Who the hell cares what that self-obsessed brat thinks?
>>
This shit is wacky as fuck.

It's really good, but I can't shake the vibe that it sounds like bands that sound like Animal Collective and not Animal Collective, that sort of congealment of 2007-2010 AnCo.
>>
Holy fuck I'm really digging this. The bathroom recording dindu justice
>>
>>60717856
who?
>>
>>60717856
go to bed marcel
>>
>>60718040
this, kinda

also centipede herz was a jam of a lifetime
>>
>>60717802
wtf wheres the reverb?
>>
>>60717856
fucking pleb
>>
It's a great track, listened to it on repeat while biking today and I'm feeling very optimistic about the coming album. This song was definitely better than anything on Centipede Hz.
>>
>>60719608
With that, I'd add (as many other have come to the same conclusion) that the song is essentially a bridge between their last three albums. The song makes me optimistic because it's kept the high energy of CHz, while dispensing with two of the biggest flaws for me - the abrasive production style and the strong vocal focus on Avey. FloriDada has a much stronger contribution from Panda, who was subdued on CHz.
>>
>>60717802
This may be their best track ever. Like holy shit I'm blown away.
>>
>>60721101
yeah seriously
>>
>>60717856
No one gives a shit about you, your 5 seconds of fame died out last year
>>
Shitty Beach Boys ripoff.
>>
Anyone got a mp3 of the track?
>>
>>60717802
This sounds like an acid trip version of a talking heads song
>>
Um, where's the drop?
>>
Once the album comes out /mu/ is going to be flooded with CHz apologists.
>>
File: john cale anco.jpg (90 KB, 600x135) Image search: [Google]
john cale anco.jpg
90 KB, 600x135
John Cale is on Painting With... will it be goat /mu/?
>>
It really just sounds like they're trying to make a commercial success while still sounding like animal collective. Weak track IMO.

Also why the fuck would anyone write a song about Florida this place is shit lmao
>>
I fucking hate this song yet i've been listening to it on loop for the past 45 minutes. Very confusing.
>>
does anybody have a download link
>>
Hosting on slsk if you care
>>
>>60721952
>Also why the fuck would anyone write a song about Florida this place is shit lmao
Read the lyrics.
>>
File: animalc_1.jpg (21 KB, 400x357) Image search: [Google]
animalc_1.jpg
21 KB, 400x357
on my first listen i was a little ambivalent, but looking at the lyrics and listening to it a couple more times, i'm really loving it. i'm having a lot of fun singing along, especially the second pre chorus, it's almost like avey's rapping, the flow is bretty wild.

that rolling stone interview made me rethink my relationship to the song as well. i've always loved panda bear and the trippy-droneish-stoner-vibes-aspect of their sound featured in practically all of their previous releases, but hearing them talk about avoiding reverb and mentioning the ramones as a structural touchstone, despite it sounding distinctly anco and like an amalgam of previous styles, that kind of direct songwriting is unexplored territory for these guys together, which makes me pretty excited to see what this album has in store for us, and that's the best i could have hoped for, to be honest.

not to mention that, as a florida resident, my chances of finally seeing these guys live in 2016 fare pretty well as a result of this song existing, that's got me pretty hype too
>>
TIRED OF THE WAA WAA?
VISIT THE EVERYWHERE PLACE
DIP YOURSELF IN
FLORIDADA
>>
>>60721952
>It really just sounds like they're trying to make a commercial success while still sounding like animal collective
CON-TRAIR-EE-YAWN
>>
>>60718040
Yeah, actually I get this vibe too. I feel like "congealment" is the perfect word. Like bands that go for the general anco feel but use sort of blander or less "specific," instrumentation, production, etc. Like, bands that make tracks that could be on any album put out by them, whereas AnCo's output has been pretty distinct; no track on a given album sounds like it could be on any other album.
>>
It seems like a weaker version of Summertime Clothes which isn't bad because Summertime Clothes is their best song.
>>
Really can't stand the ridiculously generic chord structure. And the sort of blurry, ethereal instrumentation just sounds like Panda Bear, and come on, we have three albums of this shit, we don't need more.
>>
>>60722211
thanks sexy
>>
>>60722934
I don't think it sounds ethereal at all. Sounds more SJ ish to me
>>
>No Deakin
Confirmed best album
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.