[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What genre is this album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: cover.jpg (221 KB, 500x450) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
221 KB, 500x450
>>
pop/rock
>>
Folk
You could probably make an argument for it being freak folk based on the unconventional lyrics and vocal delivery but I'd say it's just straight folk
>>
>>60715814
You have no idea what folk music is
>>
>>60715814
No

>folk music has been defined in several ways: as music transmitted orally, or as music with unknown composers. It has been contrasted with commercial and classical styles. One meaning often given is that of old songs, with no known composers; another is music that has been transmitted and evolved by a process of oral transmission or performed by custom over a long period of time.
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 480x360
The New Americana
>>
>>60715766
Indie?
Don't bully me. :-(
>>
singer/songwriter
>>
>>60715855
Please feel free to enlighten me then

>>60715863
lmao you just took the word "Traditional" off of wiki's definition of traditional folk music you cheeky little baitlord
I didn't say it was traditional folk music
>>
chamber folk
>>
>>60715907
>Please feel free to enlighten me then
>>60715863

>>60715907
>I didn't say it was traditional folk music
>muh rock with acoustic guitars
>>
>>60715935
tfw you make a serious post and it turns out to just be another bait thread
Lately I keep doing this what's wrong with me
>>
>>60716014
>everything I disagree with is bait
nice meme
>>
>>60715814
>>60715913
This.

>>60715863
Don't be an idiot. The definition of folk music has changed and that is okay. You defined traditional folk.
>>
>>60716148
Not him but can you define folk to me? I've always thought of it in the traditional sense.
>>
progressive folk/singer songwriter
>>
>>60716246
Rock music with acoustic guitars and muh feels
>>
>>60716309
thats definitely the /mu/ definition
>>
>>60716246
I'd say bob dylan, tallest man on earth, vashti bunyan, are examples of folk musicians.

She'll Be Coming 'Round the Mountain is an example of tranditional folk music
>>
contemporary folk
>>
progressive contemporary folk
>>
>>60715897
"indie" is as meaningless as "alternative"

everyone has to learn sometime <3
>>
>>60716381
Dylan definitely started out that way. His early compositions are what I think of when I think of folk but stuff like Nashville Skyline is modern country rock sounding to me.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.