[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Possible Deathconsciousness secret
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: Folder.png (778 KB, 1000x995) Image search: [Google]
Folder.png
778 KB, 1000x995
I need help /mu/. it's been over a year since Deathconsciousness was reissued on vinyl and I'm next to positive there's a cryptic message in it but literally no one has acknowledged it except for me.

1. A supposed letter is included in the gatefold, many words are misspelled but this is the only section of text that is misspelled in the center fold. There were also words misspelled almost purposely on copies of The Unnatural World too iirc
2. Some of the letters in the text line up to spell out a sentence, "Please help i am in the well and he will not let me out please please release me".
3. A random piece of film was included with my copy. Other people who I know bought the reissue didn't have a piece of film strip in theirs. The only other piece of film I've seen anyone else report is on a blog post and they brushed it off.

I will post photos of the above. Does anyone else have a copy of it?
>>
>Some of the letters in the text line up to spell out a sentence, "Please help i am in the well and he will not let me out please please release me".
definitely sounds like the kind of thing dan would do
>>
File: IMG_20151129_230931.jpg (375 KB, 1920x2560) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151129_230931.jpg
375 KB, 1920x2560
The film strip. Looks like a photo of park pavilion or something.
>>
File: IMG_20151129_231352.jpg (696 KB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151129_231352.jpg
696 KB, 2560x1920
And a shitty photo of the gatefold. I can transcribe it if need be.
>>
>>60715668
Please do
>>
>>60715614
this, but
>>60715622
the film strip is a bit strange. i wonder what it is.
>>
Pt 1/2, errors included.

"From the letters of Robert Voor, sent in 2006 from Souza-Baranowski Prison in Shirley, Massachusetts, to the child Scott Singer.
As there was a restraining order in plae, it was never delivered.

Pardon my forwardness - is that archaic? I'm sorry if it is but
let me pretend I am not some rampant hound
eating language - which I am - but I have to
approach the situation as best I see it, and as far as
sobrieyt and caution will allow, I have watched you
emerge from the wombs of socieyt, struggling to lift
heath and vitaliyt from a drained and damaged
earth - and have fallen in love, desperately cruelly, in
love with all that you are and COULD BE - and I
plan to have a part in that - to plae my hand on
intimidated shoulders and ease them downward -
a plan I hope in no small part will lead to
many years of fruitful searching and Joy,
investigations into Materials and Threads
no one as yet understands, nor can, perhaps,
touch with their smudged fingertips yet
hung with wreaths of ink from their waiting,
empyt pens - all dried from wringing out
what remains of their heart's blood, I can
even see it now, with my eyes, my true,
lustrous eyes - but in any case, you will
lunge forwards and strike, with all fore
and spirit, which we have crushed into
nothing, your spirit, and given second birth, so that all
>>
Hi Dan, is this an ARG for the new album?
>>
>>60715570
kinda weird I guess
>>
Pt. 2/2

Death and Pain will leave you forever, the
heart of all-nothing growing inside you, as if
everything was yours to command - oh,
we are truly rampant scientists - what
indignane we must expect from the church,
lovers of power and faith as they are,
lovers of emptiness - thank god (ha-ha)
nobody can accuse us of not using
our tools, of not basing our glorious
teachings on sciene and numbrs and
logic, GREGORY, you are truly
everyone's last and final hope,
the light that brings our shaken,
mutilated bodies to the table,
engaged in the feasting, the consumption,
of our own selves, of all that the
umbilical lights filter through
the atmosphere to us, but
plan to have your life ended quite
languidly, by which I mean you should
enjoy each moment, as it only
allows those with smiles, wide,
shining smiles upon their corpses,
enjoy into the threads of this
plae we are in - as if you are
looking through the mesh of the Voor's Head,
exempt all will be light, not
ambient darkness of knowledge -
surely you see my meaning, brother,
expectation of your comprehension
reminds me of why I am here - I have
endangered all living beings - I am justly
left here to contemplate my
errors, and I enjoy it, as it should be - but
all is well mother, I am fine,
sleep comes to me easily, as to the
ewe laid down with its
mother, aware only of the
extension of its self-realiyt.

Yours,

R.V."
>>
I own two copies of the Flenser reissue; one on green, and one on white. I'd always noticed the seemingly deliberate misspelling, but I had NEVER noticed the hidden message in the letter. Thank you.

But I do not have a film strip in either.
>>
>>60715778
Not Dan, but it is possibly.
>>
and here is the blog post so I know I am not the only one who received a film strip with my copy. This person's looks a lot different than mine though.

https : // shwigwam . wordpress. com /tag /deathconsciousness/
>>
>>60715839

These reissues have been out for so long now, though. This isn't new information, but I do think there's probably something to it.

Maybe 10 or so copies have film strips? I remember the early copies came with actual arrowheads. (Not even memeing.)
>>
>>60715903
Dan has attempted an ARG before so it wouldn't surprise me but I always figured that everyone's copy had come with a film strip until just recently when I asked some friends about it. So far the only copies I have confirmed are mine and the one in the blog post.
>>
This is interesting. Checked my copy, got the errors but no film strip.
>>
Also, it's worth mentioning that I order from Flenser a lot, and they do put extras in their shipments all the time. It could just be Flenser being extra cool with what's likely the biggest release they'll ever put out.

The hidden message is interesting, though.

Dan's on Facebook, you know. And he answers fans' questions all the time. If you sent him a message, you could get a vaguely satisfying answer.
>>
Case solved
https://twitter.com/enemieslist/status/671439066685177856
>>
>>60716126
>https://twitter.com/enemieslist/status/671439066685177856
but why
>>
>>60716143
also solved
https://twitter.com/enemieslist/status/671439198977683456
>>
Also, there's still no explanation for the intentional spelling errors on both HANL LPs
>>
>>60716187

Dan and Tim are likely fucking with us.
>>
>>60716229
>>60716187
yeah, I'd say it's either Dan/Tim or Flenser messing around
>>
Shall we discuss whether or not there will even be a third HANL record?
>>
>>60716321
doesn't dan have a wife and a kid and a great family life now
i can't see there being any good music from a dan related project in the foreseeable future unless something incredibly tragic happens to him, like his family dying in an accident or some shit
>>
>>60716364
this Tbh
>>
>>60716364
>>60716321
Unnatural World was super meh anyway.
>>
>>60716364
>i can't see there being any good music from a dan related project in the foreseeable future unless something incredibly tragic happens to him, like his family dying in an accident or some shit
I'd disagree on this. I think a huge reason why Giles and DC overshadow a lot of his other releases is because there was always a huge thematic component included in the text of the books. Correct me if I'm wrong, but TUW and his Black Wing don't really have that counterpart. I think it puts Dan and Tim up to test on whether they will be able to create a micro-ethos that would allow a newer album to be really good. They don't necessarily have to rely on personal tragedies.
>>
>>60716364

Dan's Black Wing album dropped like two months ago, and it's pretty good. The way he talks on social media doesn't imply he intends on quitting music anytime soon.

He posted on Twitter like last week that he'd love to perform Deathcon live in its entirety someday.

That said, if they do call it quits, I'd survive. The Unnatural World was a more than worthy follow-up. Fuck /mu/.
>>
>>60716490
>The Unnatural World was a more than worthy follow-up. Fuck /mu/.
Even if you personally enjoyed it, how is it a worthy follow-up of DC at all?
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.